I had my baby!! Update and photos on post #10 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 08-18-2006, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow-Congratulations

Mom of 8 children 4 Boys : and 4 girls :2 dogs named Kibblez and Brook , sadly miss my Husband that passed 03/03/2007 !Trully Miss my Brother Joey that passed on 3/25/09..Sadly miss my dearest son T.J that passed 1/19/2014 forever in my heart!
#32 of 37 Old 08-18-2006, 04:00 PM
~pi

Great. Between you and April, now I am a complete sobbing mess.

Seriously, that was beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#33 of 37 Old 08-18-2006, 04:26 PM

How beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing.

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#34 of 37 Old 08-18-2006, 04:42 PM

Yep, beautiful.

I wanted to thank you again, anyway, for sharing your birth photos. They helped me keep perspective when things were starting to get long. I was so impressed with how peaceful you looked, and I was in awe of the fact that you were able to change positions during delivery. I can't tell you how much that helped me when I was delivering Ethan. It looked like almost exactly the same story - waterbirth, and his head was out, and I was mostly on my back. But his cord was so tight around his neck they had to cut it, and then told me I needed to get on all fours to deliver the rest of him, and I needed to do it NOW. I remember thinking of you, and that if you could get on all fours in the water with a baby half out of you, then I could do it too It just goes to show how you never know the power of how something you do, say, or share and how it will affect someone else's life.

Well, now I'm really sobbing. But thanks.
#35 of 37 Old 08-18-2006, 05:42 PM

That was gorgeous, Pavlina! What an inspiration! You did look so calm, and happy afterwards! I love that your whole family got in the tub. What a beautiful experience. I pray that next time my body works and I will be able to heal with my next birth.

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#36 of 37 Old 08-18-2006, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice
Yep, beautiful.

I wanted to thank you again, anyway, for sharing your birth photos. They helped me keep perspective when things were starting to get long. I was so impressed with how peaceful you looked, and I was in awe of the fact that you were able to change positions during delivery. I can't tell you how much that helped me when I was delivering Ethan. It looked like almost exactly the same story - waterbirth, and his head was out, and I was mostly on my back. But his cord was so tight around his neck they had to cut it, and then told me I needed to get on all fours to deliver the rest of him, and I needed to do it NOW. I remember thinking of you, and that if you could get on all fours in the water with a baby half out of you, then I could do it too It just goes to show how you never know the power of how something you do, say, or share and how it will affect someone else's life.

Well, now I'm really sobbing. But thanks.
I am happy it helped you so much I remember how weird it felt to change the position with his head sticking out of me! I had to change position because his shoulder was stuck and the cord was really tight around his neck too. The worst part was that his head was out and my legs were cramping and I REALLY needed to sit down to relax my legs and my midwife kept yelling "Don't sit on the baby!!" bu tI HAD to sit down, so they were all holding me in the "air" - well water - so I would not sit on his head!! You can see it on one of the photos how they are holding me. After that I was finally able to change position, which was not that bad, it only felt weird.
Later on midwife was telling me that under normal circumstances because of the cord so tight around his neck, she'd try to get him out ASAP, but something was telling her to wait for him to turn and come out on his own and she was glad she waited because his cord was VERY short so if she did try to unwrap the cord she'd caused some serious bleeding most likely for me by pulling at the cord.

Anyway, thanks everyone.

April - I am sure next time it will be as good for you as it was for me. It was so healing this time around I can't even tell!
#37 of 37 Old 08-18-2006, 09:29 PM

Wow, I just saw your pics, they are beautiful they really are awesome. My MW and only my children were at my birth so my oldest 2 daughters were picture takers this time and they did a great job, but some things were missed. Wow you have some awesome pictures there and 2 beautiful boys.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page