a little bit of complaining... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-22-2006, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
first of all, i know i have to apologize to a lot of you US mamas who actually live in really hot places, but....we are having a serious heatwave here in bc and it is hotter than i am used to!! i almost fainted at the farmer's market this morning : --i don't know if i can labour in this--and i'm in the city, it's not even as hot as it is everywhere else! no one here has air conditioning so i can't even go over to a friends house to cool off. all dh wants to do is sit and watch the tour de france and i am hot and bothered and agitated and wanting to clean--yuck! i want to go for a swim down at the beach but the tide's out right now so i am just sitting as still as i can and waiting for it to come back in so i can go float my big old self in the ocean.

and to top it off (while i'm complaining) my poor dog got sprayed by a skunk last night! it's bad for us, but terrible for the poor guy. he doesn't understand why he keeps getting washed and why he isn't allowed on any of his sofas and why he's just not getting quite as many pats and snuggles as usual...i think he's due for a swim in the ocean this afternoon too!

anyway, blowing breezes to all of you, especially you mamas over your due dates in hot places and those with hot little babies pressed against your breasts!!
#2 of 4 Old 07-22-2006, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Alright, so who has had the hottest temps this week? Shall we take a poll? It was 100-104 ALL WEEK. My big pregnant self was planted in the a/c most of the week. Kids were going bonkers so we made it to story time at the library one day. Cold (now that's almost a joke) front came through last night, and it was finally about 91 today. When you are ready to have the baby at any minute, that's still awfully hot! At least we have a/c. It was running all day and night last week (can't wait for that bill), but at least we had it. It's humid here, too, so it always feels hotter than it is. That plus 30 extra pounds being lugged around makes me one cranky mama. We're going to the lake tomorrow to take a swim in the early evening. Too hot to even swim the rest of the day!

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I think tomato juice is supposed to get the stink of skunks out.
#3 of 4 Old 07-23-2006, 03:47 PM

yup - my little hot babe is sooo hot she really sweats when she nurses - poor thing - and so do I ..............
#4 of 4 Old 07-23-2006, 06:06 PM

I'm soooo jealous of you lot
it's freezing here (middle of winter) and we even had snow which NEVER happens in the city where I live!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page