Who's still pregnant this week? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am!!! Today is the first of my two due "dates" - Thursday is the hospital's date. I think I'm pretty officially done with being pregnant. I'm hot, I'm uncomfortable, I'm bored. I'm less than perfectly patient with my 4.5 yo and my 2 yo DDs.

Last night DH got the baby bug bad - ran around packing up the last of the things we might need, set up the downstairs changing table, basically got some serious nesting done...and nothing. It's not helping that this time I'm having plenty of prodromal symptoms, which I've never done before. I'd like to get myself back to a mental state of "two more weeks" but with the constant cramping my brain just keeps saying "or how about NOW??"

How's everybody else? And those who've had babies, feel free to chat with us - it's good to remember that we WON'T be pregnant forever.
#2 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 08:39 AM

I am! My DD is Friday but I have a feeling girlie will come on Wed. I'm definitely ready - hips and back are killing me and it's just way too hot in Central FL to be this pg! LOL

Christi

Wife to one Amazing man, Mom to 3 Wonderful children with #4 due in Feb

#3 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 08:57 AM

Me, still.
EDD last thursday - i was convinced (as was dh) that he would arrive over the weekend, but no, monday and still pregnant. Quite pleased he did not arrive over the weekend as it was very hot and i couldn't sleep at all at night (even less than the normal 4/5 hours) and the babe had moved position and gave me hideous heartburn, so much so it was making me nearly be sick. Anyway, i feel much better today. I'd like him to arrive soon, ds1 arrived on his edd so i'm not used to this waiting. dh really didn't want to go into work today and he is refusing to iron more than one shirt at a time.
I've no signs of labour but i never had any before.
I'm supposed to go and see the midwife tomorrow but i'm putting off making an appointment - i don't want to get into an induction argument.
anyway i'm sure all our babies will come out when they are fully cooked - nice to know i'm not alone.
Vikki

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#4 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

I'm so silly - I really want this baby to come today. Really. And for a silly reason (other than just being impatient and all the things I mentioned before) - the date. My first two were both born on a 12, and my birthday is a 24. So another 24 would be so very nice. Dh would only have two numbers to remember! And if we go to 27, then it's the same as our anniversary, which he already confuses with my birthday. So today would really be nice for him ('cuz of course this is all about him, right?).

All that aside, I am glad the baby is still comfy in there, and though I'm decidedly NOT comfy, I can manage another little while if I have to. I just don't really want to.
#5 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 09:36 AM

I'm still here! My due date is tomorrow and I'm still waiting. Getting a little cramping around dinner time for the past few days, but that's about it.
#6 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 10:12 AM

I'm still here. Seven days late today. I've never gone more than five days over with any of the other babies. I'm so sick of being pregnant. This baby needs to come soon. I've been having lots of contractions that stop and start over the last few days. I just feel hot, fat and tired and want it to end. Everything is ready. We're just waiting for baby. The girls are getting frustrated too. They want to meet their new brother.
#7 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 10:14 AM

Still Pregnant-my DD was Thursday-Sunday according the the MW. Im so afraid shes going to try natural methods of induction at the next appointment on Tuesday. Im not at all comfortable with that-but I hate confrontations.
My mom is coming today to stay with us until the first. Which means everytime I make a move she will be asking if its time. I was hoping to be like the rest of the women in my family and go around 38 weeks-but it looks like I missed out on that gene. Not to mention I'm also the only one with stretchmarks.
Im so ready to meet this little guy-its all Im thinking about right now!!! Please tell me I wont be pregnant forever!
#8 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 10:18 AM

Yep still pregnant. I'm due the 31st, but this baby is feeling like its ready to fall out. I was getting worried when we were out yesterday because it felt like my water could just burst all over the place. The heavy feeling is really intense down there!!! DH and I did the deed last night, and I followed that with an extra-strong cup of RRL tea. A few piddly ctx, then nothing. Can I like, go into labor now please?
#9 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 10:26 AM

I'm still here. Not due until Sunday, but between measuring large early on (and the mw unofficially changing my due date to mid June- early July) and the fact that the last one was 2 weeks early, I really didn't think I'd be here by now...and I've been having prodromal labor for weeks ... also a first for me. Guess I'm supposed to be learning patience, maybe??

Mrs. S - Crunchy child of The King, Wife to my best friend, and Mama to my many blessings.

#10 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice
I'm so silly - I really want this baby to come today. Really. And for a silly reason (other than just being impatient and all the things I mentioned before) - the date. My first two were both born on a 12, and my birthday is a 24. So another 24 would be so very nice. Dh would only have two numbers to remember! And if we go to 27, then it's the same as our anniversary, which he already confuses with my birthday. So today would really be nice for him ('cuz of course this is all about him, right?).

I'm still waiting too! One week left to go & I am also hoping this baby will be born sometime this week for the silliest reason. All my girls were born in the last week, 24, 26 & 29 so if this baby were born before his due date of 30th then they would all be in the 20's! Also, I can't take the waiting anymore. I am as ready as I will ever be which is really not ready at all, but bring it on baby! I am tired of the constant bathroom trips, the interrupted nights of sleep due to discomfort (to feed a baby, I wouldn't mind so much), I am hot, bored & feeling so fat!!!! My DH has given up. I keep reminding him that no one has been pregnant forever, I am not even overdue yet, but he is impatient. So I will just be waiting.....
#11 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 12:13 PM

Still here too. My US due date was 7/19 my LMP due date was 7/22 so depending who you ask I am either 5 days OD or 2 days: .

carlie~33 DP~40 mom to Cadan Riley 7/22/04, Kailin Naiya 8/05/06,, Ronen Blake12/13/08 , Rosen Blythe 7/26/10.
#12 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_chick
I am tired of the constant bathroom trips, the interrupted nights of sleep due to discomfort (to feed a baby, I wouldn't mind so much)
Exactly. I'm also really tired of people saying all the getting up is to "get me ready for the baby" - give me a break! I haven't slept through the night in 5 years! I am not going to have any trouble getting up to feed the baby. And THAT will at least be nice. Getting up three times to pee 5 drops is not NEARLY as satisfying as getting up to nurse a baby. I am absolutely certain that I will be getting better sleep after the baby comes, unless of course my two older kiddos have a hard time with the adjustment. But we'll get there when we get there. Are we there yet???
#13 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 01:39 PM
~pi

Quote:
Getting up three times to pee 5 drops is not NEARLY as satisfying as getting up to nurse a baby.
and

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#14 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Add me to the list. Officially due on Thursday, but everyone says "are you having twins?" "baby is so low, it'll be soon" "you look READY!" No, yes, and yes. And the first question after "when are you due?" is "are you going to be induced?" Ugh.

Getting up to pee at night five times is much harder than rolling over and nursing a baby in your sleep. You don't even have to get out of bed. The diaper can even be changed will sitting in bed. To pee, you have to get up and walk to the bathroom!

I'm having contractions "all the time" and I'm tired of the OB shadow care I have been doing. Especially when the nurses chastise me or look at me like I'm a complete idiot for refusing VEs every week. Today's was the worst..."You know it's going against what the doctor's recommend, right?" "Yes, and there's no need for me to have one unless something is wrong and the doctors have yet to have a problem with it" On the way out the door she mumbled something about not knowing if there was a problem. I am NOT that stupid to think a VE is the only tool to know if there is something wrong with the baby. The OB was nice, though. He was asking me if I felt things going on and if I felt I'd have the baby this week or not. He really listened to ME, and not some silly VE.
#15 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 03:52 PM

Oh goody I get the most overdue award!!!

At least for this group I do. I'm 12 days over today. Today is also my DD's birthday so I guess it's a good thing she won't have to share it. This is getting really interesting. Tomorrow my mom is flying in for 2 weeks. I thought for sure I'd have the baby by then :. Oh well, what can you do right?

My MW came by yesterday and gave me a sweep and some cohoshes to take in tablet form that I'm taking today and I took some yesterday. I've had some blood and mucus going on after the exam but nothing since. I know the baby won't be in there forever.....it just feels like it. Glad to know I'm not the only one still pregnant.
#16 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 05:30 PM

I am! Due date was yesterday. However, I'm still feeling good and, although uncomfortable, I'm counting my blessings at how well I feel. Thank goodness my midwife is totally fine with hands-off care, no talk of anything until 42 weeks. I really just want my baby to be totally ready and am so glad I'm not getting the induction threats like with my last pregnancy (where I finally succumbed at 41 weeks). I've been mentally gearing myself to go to 42 weeks and it's really helped with my overall mental well-being and happiness.

Labor vibes to all of you!
#17 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 05:34 PM

Quote:
I'm so silly - I really want this baby to come today. Really. And for a silly reason (other than just being impatient and all the things I mentioned before) - the date. My first two were both born on a 12, and my birthday is a 24. So another 24 would be so very nice. Dh would only have two numbers to remember! And if we go to 27, then it's the same as our anniversary, which he already confuses with my birthday. So today would really be nice for him ('cuz of course this is all about him, right?)
Hah, I totally hear that. I desperately wanted a Sunday baby because of that silly mother goose poem. I think I willed it to happen! (We'll just see if DD is "fair and wise and good and gay." So far so good!)

Anyway, birth numbers are as good a reason as any. Keeping fingers crossed for you! :
#18 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire
Anyway, birth numbers are as good a reason as any. Keeping fingers crossed for you! :
Thanks!! Unfortunately, we are running out of the day. Granted, I with my second my water broke spontaneously around 5:00pm, and she was born at 10:22pm, so there's still time today. But only if it happens soon! I've walked miles in the past few days, I saw my chiro this afternoon, everything is ready, but I just don't feel like it's going to happen.

Le sigh.
#19 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 08:45 PM

Saw more plug come out this afternoon!!! Wa Hoo! Not that this means anything will happen today, but with my last DD I think I went into labor the day after I saw that. It's going to be soon....somebody send me some labor dust!!
#20 of 23 Old 07-24-2006, 09:29 PM

#21 of 23 Old 07-25-2006, 03:29 AM

i am still here too. hmmm.
#22 of 23 Old 07-26-2006, 07:29 AM

Wednesday and still pregnant!
No signs of labour but i did bunk off my midwife appointment yesterday and now i'm fearing she may pop round - it would be just my luck that she pops round and i go into labour there and then - especially as i'm planning a UC!
Fingers crossed i go into labour before next tuesday so i don't have to bunk another appointment!
Wishing labour vibes to the other waiting mums.

Vikki

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#23 of 23 Old 07-26-2006, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Yep, labor vibes to everybody at this point, right? I'm hoping all that bloody show went somewhere good for violetbutterfly.

No signs of anything serious here. Just a little cramping now and then, a good contraction here and there, just enough to keep my mind on the baby and keep me thinking every day "Today could be the day" which is driving me insane. I would really rather just know I was going to be pregnant for another 10 days or whatever. Dh travels a fair bit for work - not big travel, just car trips, but he's often a couple of hours away, and it's making me really anxious. My last labor was fast (3.5 hours from first contrax to birth) and I worry he won't make it if he's in court 2 hours away...

So what the heck am I going to do with my kids today? I don't feel like going anywhere, and they'll go nuts if we stay home all day (unless I can come up with some really good projects...)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page