Needing to Vent - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-25-2006, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok-the April due date club has started up...............and Im STILL pregnant. :

I'm wondering if Im going to end up with the August group!!! OR BETTER YET THE APRIL GROUP!!!!

Can you tell Im ready to meet this little dude?
#2 of 7 Old 07-25-2006, 11:41 AM

My first was born August 10th, 2005. I know its only July 25th but I totally hear that clock ticking. I don't want Henri to have to share his birth month with his brother He already has to share everything else! Paddy's old clothes, diapers, toys, MAMA,....

LOL and Mama already has a nice birthstone ring for August. July's stone is a ruby.....come on RUBY!
#3 of 7 Old 07-25-2006, 02:21 PM

your little guy will get here! (Its great not to be pregnant, but I also miss brushing my teeth in the morning and sleeping with both eyes shut! )

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#4 of 7 Old 07-25-2006, 10:52 PM

I really thought I was going to have a July baby too & now August is just around the corner & no baby! I have never made it to my due date in the past so this waiting game is a new experience for me & I hate it. I want to meet this baby so badly. I am so sick of being pregnant. I am so big & hot & I can hardly fit behind the steering wheel of my car anymore.
Mama Poot, don;t worry if your boys share the same birthday month, it's really not so bad. DD2 & DD3 are 4 days apart in December (I had the same due date with both) & they love sharing their birthdays. It also makes it easier to get all the relatives together for one party. I'm sure as they get older, they will want to do separate things, but for now they like that they have something in common. My other DD, born in Feb is the one who feels shortchanged & left out, but she gets to share her b-day month with DH so it makes up for it.
#5 of 7 Old 07-26-2006, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Poot
Mama already has a nice birthstone ring for August. July's stone is a ruby.....come on RUBY!
Theres something I never thought about before....

April-Thanks for the kind words, sometimes its hard for me to see an end in site. Its hard seeing your due date come and go and having nothing but stretchmarks to show for it...

I blew up at DH today-threatened to kick his a**, something I would never have said before pregnancy. I am not a violent person-nor am I am angry person. Luckily, he didnt say anything about it, and just let me vent. Seconds later I was in his arms crying about not wanting to be pregnant anymore. Anger to sadness in less than 1 minute. This mental state is amazing.
#6 of 7 Old 07-26-2006, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtree
Anger to sadness in less than 1 minute. This mental state is amazing.
I so hear you. I hate that my fuse is short with my kids - I can ask them nicely to do something about one time, and then I blow up like a crazy woman, and they look at me like they don't know who I am and I burst into tears. That's probably great for their self-esteem, right?? My Dh just rolls with it, but I think he secretly doesn't want me to be pregnant anymore either. And of course we all want to meet the baby. Come on, baby!!!

Yesterday my DD got really upset and said "Mom, I just want to go to the hospital and get the baby out NOW!" and I said I did too, but it wasn't up to us. She said "Well, why don't you call the hospital and see if they're available?" I had to laugh. I told her the hospital is available but we're waiting for the baby to be ready. Her next suggestion was priceless, coming from a 4-year old - "Well, then just keep asking the baby to come out until it says Yes." (FTR that trick does not work on her parents)
#7 of 7 Old 07-26-2006, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice
Her next suggestion was priceless, coming from a 4-year old - "Well, then just keep asking the baby to come out until it says Yes." (FTR that trick does not work on her parents)
It must be a 4 yr old thing. DD3, also 4 yrs old, spends a little time everyday rubbing my belly & saying "Baby, time to come & play". It worked when I was pregnant with DD1. One night DH said "Baby, why don't you just come out & play" & sure enough that night I went into labor. Unfortunately, I was only 32 weeks at the time Doesn't seem to be working this time though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page