Post partum bleeding...tmi - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-26-2006, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ds was born on the 13th, so almost two weeks ago. I can't believe it's been such a short time because it feels like we've always had him...anyway...

Is it odd that I would still be bleeding some? It's not a heavy flow at all, and there aren't any significant clots (maybe a few teeny ones here and there). There were two days when I really didn't bleed at all, so I thought I was all done, but now I've started up again today. Should I be worried about this?

I guess I should just call my OB's office, but thought I'd ask here first to see what you all thought. I can't remember when I stopped bleeding with dd.
#2 of 5 Old 07-26-2006, 02:11 PM

I just stopped this week and I'm 4 wks PP! I also had a few days in the middle where I thought I was done, but it came back (not at all related to my activity level, as I had been warned before being discharged from the birth center). In other words, your 2 wk bleeding should be fine, as long as your activity level isn't too high.

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#3 of 5 Old 07-26-2006, 02:25 PM

I think it is normal up to 6 weeks.
#4 of 5 Old 07-26-2006, 02:51 PM

I just asked my midwife about this yesterday. My bleeding was lightening up and then it started heavier again 4 days PP after we had gone for a walk. Then I carried some laundry and my toddler and it got even heavier, and bright red again instead of the mucousy brown it had been previously. The midwife said I'm doing too much and that's the body's way of saying slow down. Basically the uterus is scabby right now, so activity can restart the blood flow.

So I'm trying to take it easy, but this is a real PITA. With my first DD I bled for 12 weeks though. Trying to avoid that this time since it's really not fun!
#5 of 5 Old 07-26-2006, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Well the activity level thing explains why I wasn't bleeding much over the weekend. My parents were here and I didn't have to do a thing! I've been trying to take it easy, but it's hard because I feel pretty good. I'll have to do a little bit better job of taking care of myself, which is hard when I'm alone with a toddler and a newborn all day.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page