Are you going to go back to work and when? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-27-2006, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got a call from my former employer who wants me to come back to work. I will be 6 weeks post-partum next week, but wasn't planning on going back. The girl that I pretty much quit because of, which they made a manager after I left even though she was supposed to be fired, couldn't handle it and now they are left with no one.... I am contemplating on going back two days, but then I don't really want to, but we do need the money.

Are any other mommas going to go back to work after having baby???
#2 of 8 Old 07-27-2006, 08:51 PM

i will be going back part time sometime in september, and me and dp will work our schedules so that one of us is home with ds. dd will come with me to work, at least part of the time. i love my job, and since my dp's job is flexible, we figured it would be great for both of us to be able to be home AND work without our kids suffering.

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#3 of 8 Old 07-27-2006, 09:54 PM

I'm the major breadwinner so yes, I'll be going back. Right now I'm planning for end of Oct/beginning of Nov. They are letting me come back 4 days a week instead of 5 which I did with older ds. Not sure how long we can afford the pay cut though. We'll see. A neighbor will be watching the baby and older ds will be in first grade.
#4 of 8 Old 07-27-2006, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I haven't been back to work in five years, so nope, not this time. It was an agonizing decision professionally and financially. One that we didn't make until the last minute. I went back to work and then gave my two weeks' notice. We've juggled things financially over the years, but it's worked well for our family. Good luck making your decision. It's never easy, I know.
#5 of 8 Old 07-28-2006, 08:52 AM

I'm going back to work the day after Labor Day (Sept. 5), which is really hard to fathom as I seem to still be pregnant : The beauty of running my own business is I can be as flexible as I need, and I'm going to try taking the baby to work with me this time, which I wasn't able to do in the past. Here's hoping for a relatively easy, peaceful baby! But if I don't go back to work it's not just an issue of losing our income, it's the issue of actively hemorrhaging money, because the office expenses don't stop. And there's the issue of patient care - I could send people to see another chiro, but many won't go, and many won't come back if we're gone too long.
#6 of 8 Old 07-28-2006, 10:19 AM

i'm still working. i'm contracted so i don't get maternity leave. but, the work i do is part time and mainly from the home so it's very convenient. plus, the work at home is mostly online so it's great for NAKing. my workload is light this week, and i could have taken the week off and arranged for someone else to do my downloads, but since i love to check in here (MDC) and look at baby announcements, and since it's easy to nurse while sitting at the computer.....

November i've got a chance at a good opportunity. I'll keep my hourly rate, but it'll be full time with benefits, but i won't have the ease of being at home. But, it's something my family needs right now. I'm the primary breadwinner in the family, dh's work is feast or famine.
#7 of 8 Old 07-28-2006, 10:40 AM

*sigh* Yes I am going back. Scheduled to start again the week of Nov 1 - hoping to somehow convince my boss to let me drop some hours but we'll see. The thought of handing DD over to anyone else makes me insane right now even though older DD loves our provider and has a blast... :
#8 of 8 Old 07-28-2006, 11:32 AM

i am committed to working 48 hours a month starting at the end of september but i'm wishing i wasn't... will i really go back? we'll see.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page