help with baby carriers PLEASE! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-28-2006, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've tried so many carriers with ds1 who's now 3, and never found anything I LOVED (or that he loved for that matter). With ds2, who's 2 weeks old, I'm desperate to find something that really works for us...

I just popped ds2 in the kangaroo korner fleece pouch in the cuddle hold, and amazingly enough he fell asleep (and I almost fainted in shock!) Problem is, it's super hot and I need something cooler....Does a hotsling fit similarly? or any other recommendations? So far ds hates the cradle hold, the ring sling, and isn't the biggest fan of the baby bjorn.

Help
:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2006, 02:36 PM

nak.

i love my hotsling, but i don't know how the fit compares. i just ordered a solarveil (taylormade) - i hear they're cooler, but it is a ring. my friends swear the fabric is much lighter!
Old 07-28-2006, 02:39 PM

I put dd in the maya upright (as if to be burped) and she loves that. You could nake a pouch sling similiar to new native in about 30 min sewing (and cutting) time. Bith mine have loved being in that style, kind of 1/2 sitting half resting on me.

Solarveil is awesome! I have a ring and a pouch I made a couple years ago, very lightweight and very breezy, for baby and mom!

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:59 PM

Quick vote for a wrap, there's GypsyMama for gauze, Moby, etc. for stretch, or just get yourself 5 yards of fabric - gauze or cotton knit would be good for this time of year - about 22"-35" wide and do the front wrap cross carry. DD sleeps in there all the time. I've also worn her on my back in the wrap.

Check out Wear Your Baby for all sorts of helpful wrapping tips and other baby wearing.

Also, a cotton pouch (whether stretch or not) is indispensible for the newborn stage (for me at least). There's the Kangaroo Korner stretch cotton pouch, Hotslings, plus many many more makers of pouches out there.

Good luck, and don't give up! Once you find your (and baby's) preferred carrier (or carriers, as is our case), it'll make your life so much easier.

User Tag List