DS gets overheated in the sling, what can be done? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-28-2006, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS really likes the sling for the first 10 min, but then gets too hot. Are there any solutions for this? The sling makes life so much easier, but not when DS gets so hot. BTW it's made of a very lightweight fabric.

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2006, 02:29 PM

similiar thing here too! I have just been stripping dd down to her dipe and cover. That seems to work!

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the tip. I'll take DS's t-shirt off and see if that helps (he doesn't wear much around the house anyway).

Any tips for while we're out in public? I might get funny looks if he's just in his diaper and he wants out of the sling for any reason.

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
Old 07-28-2006, 02:59 PM

lol - see other thread today on similar topic! i was just typing - i ordered a solarveil (taylormade) sling and i've been told it's quite lightweight (someone just said "breezy"). my hotsling is fabulous, but just too, too hot lately.

and fwiw, i don't really care about taking baby out of the sling in just a diaper & cover, but i don't like putting him in the carseat without a shirt or something else so the straps are not directly on his skin.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:14 PM

I have a hotsling and I think it is too hot too. I also am not sure I'm doing it right. DS doesn't look very comfortable and then he complains to get out after just a few minutes.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:08 PM

Just a tip - solarveil is fabulously lightweight and all, but it's scratchy. I've heard it softens up with repeated washings, but mine isn't there yet. I have to put a burp rag or something between DD's face and the solarveil.

Just my .02.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewaneecook
Thanks for the tip. I'll take DS's t-shirt off and see if that helps (he doesn't wear much around the house anyway).

Any tips for while we're out in public? I might get funny looks if he's just in his diaper and he wants out of the sling for any reason.
i second the solarveil- that is all i use when out & about in this heat~~~ but why do you think people would give you funny looks if your baby doesnt have a shirt on?? my older child never wore clothes until he was mobile, and my dd only wears shirts very occassionally. no one has ever batted an eye, and it isd SO much easier to change their dipe and/or clean up spit up/poop explosions when naked

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

Old 08-01-2006, 02:22 AM

my DD (it's so exciting to be able to type that!!) doesn't like the sling at all. I can't get her to stay happy in it, unless she is already asleep. I hadn't thought that she was hot.....boy sleep deprivation makes you lose brain cells.....

User Tag List