NIP, yet? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 09-05-2006, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i had a good laugh on saturday. i was at my ds1 soccer practice and had just gotten through nursing Dean. the coach also coaches ds2 team and his practice was an hour earlier. i had nursed Dean through all that practice (and i sit right on the sidelines), and nursed him through most of ds1 practice. needless to say, i'm always nursing Dean during the practices. the kids were taking a water break and the coach says loudly "boy, that sure is a good baby. he's always sleeping." i grinned and replied, "it appears that way, doesn't it".
just proves that most people don't even know that breastfeeding is taking place right next to them.
#32 of 35 Old 09-05-2006, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie
just proves that most people don't even know that breastfeeding is taking place right next to them.
I KWYM! I was nursing DS in the mall the other day when an older couple came up to me saying something about how wonderful it was to see a baby. When they got right next to me they realized I was nursing (nothing was showing) and both of them got embarassed and couldn't run from me fast enough.

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#33 of 35 Old 09-06-2006, 01:45 PM
~pi

After a bunch of overtly-NIP-friendly locations (the midwives' clinic, the ped's office, a mom and baby event, a store that sells nursing apparel, my grandmother's hair salon), over the weekend I finally moved on to slightly more nervewracking places: several rest stops by the highway, a diner and my DH's grandfather's place.

I have yet to master the art of not showing anything. DS loves to pop off and latch back on (I think he's looking for another let-down) so I am constantly flashing people inadvertently. Thankfully, it's perfectly legal for me to be topless in my province and it's a pretty mind-your-own-business culture anyway, so no one would dare to comment or do anything other than smile sympathetically and look away.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#34 of 35 Old 09-06-2006, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi
After a bunch of overtly-NIP-friendly locations (the midwives' clinic, the ped's office, a mom and baby event, a store that sells nursing apparel, my grandmother's hair salon), over the weekend I finally moved on to slightly more nervewracking places: several rest stops by the highway, a diner and my DH's grandfather's place.

I have yet to master the art of not showing anything. DS loves to pop off and latch back on (I think he's looking for another let-down) so I am constantly flashing people inadvertently. Thankfully, it's perfectly legal for me to be topless in my province and it's a pretty mind-your-own-business culture anyway, so no one would dare to comment or do anything other than smile sympathetically and look away.
I have become mega-breatfeeder in public extraordinaire. I don't give a hoot who see's me. It took me a while to get there, but I so don't care anymore. I try to be discreet for the sake of other's but I usually don't have time enough to care. Good for you for branching out and nursing more in public!! I know it can be nerve wracking, and I was so excited when I started to get more comfortable. I remember actually making up excuses to go places, so that I would have to nurse in public, just so I could force myself to get comfortable with it. Way to go!!
#35 of 35 Old 09-13-2006, 01:09 AM

I nurse everywhere! Grocery shopping, restaurants, at our meeting with the realtor, the mall, while walking, Target...Wherever I am I feed her if she's hungry. It doesn't bother me at all!

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page