I am officially due today! small vent - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 07-30-2006, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So today is my due date & I feel fine. Hard to believe I could go into labor at any time. I am 1 cm dilated & 25% effaced. However, other than the fact that someone seems to have stuck a watermelon down my shirt, I do not feel 9 months pregnant. How many of you have gone into labor without any warning? I feel like this is not going to happen. I really need to have the baby this week because my MW's have me on a time clock & then I am on my own. Please reassure me that I will have this baby. I hardly have any BH contractions anymore. Baby seems content to stay where he is. My only choice to speed this up was to have my membranes swept & even that can't be done because I am not yet dilated enough. I keep telling DH that maybe we just need to knock on the little guy's door , but DH refuses to DTD now that he knows I am dilated. He is all freaked out & wants no part in it. I'm not much in the mood either, but if it could get the baby out, I could "suffer" through it. DH & I took a 2 hr walk today & I sat on my birth ball for half the day & I would think I would be exhausted, but I can't even sleep, all I think about is having this baby. I try not to think about it because as they say a watched pot never boils, but I am going nuts. I have never made it to my due date before so this is new to me. Anyone else due or overdue want to share your fears and feelings on the matter?
#2 of 12 Old 07-30-2006, 09:06 AM

Im sorry! I hope things start kicking into gear. If youre thinking about interventions (membrane sweep) have you thought about cohosh? I know a lot of people that have successfully used it. Anyway-I wouldnt suggest it except that you sound pretty desperate.

Good Luck, Ill be thinking of you!
#3 of 12 Old 07-30-2006, 11:00 AM

i hope things start for you very soon. and my mw has assured me that there has never been a documented case of an eternally pregnant woman.

as for a warning, i think that while some mom's have to go through prodomal labor (i'm in that camp), there are plenty of mom's who go into labor without much warning. so you could still have this baby today.

sending lots of smooth labor vibes your way and a
#4 of 12 Old 07-30-2006, 11:50 AM

~hugs~ you'll be in my thoughts.. sending you lots of *labor vibes*
#5 of 12 Old 07-30-2006, 11:59 AM

Sending labor vibes to you!!

I've never been a prodromal labor sufferer - twice now I have gotten to 40 weeks...then more...with no sign that anything would EVER happen. Once my mucus plug came out, but that was three weeks before the baby came, and I never had any contractions, aching, etc before I went into labor. I actually felt pretty good, aside from being the size of a whale. Then when it happened it was pretty fast - so you could totally have this baby today.

This time I am doing the prodromal thing. I've been feeling every day like something is happening (and I know it is, it's just not going very fast) and I've given up on it ever turning into the Real Deal. Sigh. But who knows? I could still have this baby today, too.
#6 of 12 Old 07-30-2006, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice
Sending labor vibes to you!!

This time I am doing the prodromal thing. I've been feeling every day like something is happening (and I know it is, it's just not going very fast) and I've given up on it ever turning into the Real Deal. Sigh. But who knows? I could still have this baby today, too.

Thanks. I will be catching those vibes for both of us.
#7 of 12 Old 07-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Fab

I want to send you some labor vibes too!!!
I know how you feel... :
#8 of 12 Old 07-30-2006, 01:52 PM

I know how you feel. I am 8 day over due. My first came just 25 hours before his due date so I am at awe and now suddenly doubting my bodies abilities...:

carlie~33 DP~40 mom to Cadan Riley 7/22/04, Kailin Naiya 8/05/06,, Ronen Blake12/13/08 , Rosen Blythe 7/26/10.
#9 of 12 Old 07-30-2006, 01:57 PM

I'm sending you lots of labour vibes ice chick!!!
#10 of 12 Old 07-30-2006, 02:41 PM

I went into labor with DS3 with absolutely no warning. I wasn't even dilated 1 cm 12 hours before labor started, and then when it did start, he was born 5 hours later.
Happy birthing, whenever it happens for you!
#11 of 12 Old 07-30-2006, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

So my mom came over & helped the kids clean their room while I scrubbed the bathroom floor. I'm not feeling so well now, yay. Maybe I stirred something up or it could be I am just hungry. I forgot to eat lunch. I am going to eat something now. We'll see what that does.
#12 of 12 Old 07-30-2006, 10:23 PM

This time around I went to my mw appointment on Monday and told her I fully expected to see her at the next week's appointment still pregnant. Nothing was going on.

Tuesday the contractions started, Wednesday I lost my plug, and Thursday I was in labour. I saw her for my next appointment, but it was a postpartum appointment instead of the prenatal one I expected it to be.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page