*Update*Follow up Question...How much Blood is Normal?-Please Help - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-30-2006, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So......I have noticed an increase in how much I am bleeding. It's as much as a normal period, which means I am soaking a pad about every three or four hours. Starting to get worried........IS it really normal to be bleeding this much 6 weeks post partum? Especially when I haven't really done anything too physical?

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#2 of 7 Old 07-30-2006, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm not sure, but that seems a bit much for 6 weeks PP. I'm 12 days pp and not bleeding that much, even though I have been fairly physically active.

You might want to check with your MW or doc, I'm not sure what the range of normal is for pp bleeding.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#3 of 7 Old 07-30-2006, 05:44 PM

I stopped bleeding about 2 weeks ago, at least that is how long it seems like. I was too active also, but still stopped a while ago. Don't you have your 6 week check up on Tuesday ( I thought I read that somewhere about someone, was it you?) You can ask the Dr. then, but I think it is normal to still be bleeding, but not that much.

Sorry your still bleeding. Now that my bleeding is done, I am still concerned about my c/s since it is STILL open... I think I would rather be bleeding though, instead of worrying about this.

I just noticed from your post from yesterday?. Did you just start bleeding again? Are you breastfeeding? Perhaps you are having your first AF? This is about the time I got mine after my last baby...

Good Luck,
Mary
#4 of 7 Old 07-30-2006, 07:39 PM

If it's your first I think so..I bled a lot with my first few kids. With my last 2 not much at all. Now I'm hardly bleeding at all, just spotting.
#5 of 7 Old 07-30-2006, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Called the doc on call who informed me that he thinks my period has started. Seems a little soon for me since I am exclusively breastfeeding and it has only been three weeks since I originally stopped bleeding. Definetly feels like enough blood to be a period for me. There are also blood clots, which I am used to having with my period. I don't think I told him that I had had a c/s, but he really didn't seem to concerned with the blood. I am going to call my doc tomorrow just in case. Could it really be a period this soon?

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#6 of 7 Old 07-30-2006, 10:11 PM

Not in your DDC, but I was taught in my postpartum doula training that some women have a period at 6-8 weeks (due to hormone changes) and then don't get it again for months if they are BFing. Some women do, indeed, start cycling immediately again despite BFing. Hopefully you will be part of the former group and not the latter!
#7 of 7 Old 08-01-2006, 01:12 AM

SO not trying to panic anyone but I was bleeding still really heavily and it increased, and having clots at 3 weeks pp, and called and asked my midwife, and she had me come in. Now I had a lot of issues pp, (pp hemorrhage, boggy uterus, massive blood loss ect) and it turns out the excess bleeding and clotting was a uterine infection, that I am currently battling. I am not remotely saying that you should be concerned, but it would be smart to call or see your Dr. just in case. I don't know if our circumstances are the same, but like I said, it can't hurt to go in and get it checked out.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page