Who's still pregnant now? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 07-30-2006, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So we have just one day left before the remaining July babies become August babies - who's still here? I know ice_chick, and I think kstsmith... Mama Poot are you laboring? I haven't seen puddleduck, or carliec76, or a few others around - what are y'all doing? Birthing, lurking, sulking? (I've been sulking, which is why I add that one.)

I'm soooooo grumpy. My poor kids keep asking the baby to come out - I think they miss their mommy.
#2 of 28 Old 07-30-2006, 07:30 PM

Your babe will be here before you know it.
#3 of 28 Old 07-30-2006, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm still here, and not as excited about it as I was last week. I've turned into a really cranky mama. I don't know how much longer I can physically handle being this big. I feel like my muscles holding up the baby belly are giving out. I'm having trouble walking around the house with this belly! Still having contractions, but nothing that is the real thing yet. Last night was rough. I got very little sleep, but not because of contractions. It was a combo of dd waking and being restless all night, insomnia, and peeing 5-6 times.

And if people don't quit calling me I'm going to scream!
#4 of 28 Old 07-30-2006, 09:15 PM

I'm here, but I don't think for long. My little guy turned breech a few days ago and so tomorrow I am going in for a version (after some quicky chiropractor work). If the version is successful, I am being induced right then. IF it isn't, we have to decide on c-section vs. waiting a day or two to see if I can get him to flip on his own. I will be 41 weeks and he has turned breech 3X's now. Add to that my late-term loss from last year and we really just want to get this baby out while he is still healthy and, quite frankly, alive. So I may have a July baby if the timing on everything works out.

Good luck to all you strong mamas waiting and waiting....
#5 of 28 Old 07-30-2006, 09:24 PM

#6 of 28 Old 07-30-2006, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstsmith
And if people don't quit calling me I'm going to scream!

:

I hear ya on that one. Everyone is calling just to make sure I am still here. I've started telling people I'm in labor, gotta run & hang up. Hey, if I keep saying it enough, maybe it will come true.
#7 of 28 Old 07-30-2006, 09:33 PM

This whole past-the-due-date thing is new to me. Both of my other two came before the edd. Logically, I know that my edd could be off because I don't know my LMP (had just moved and living with SIL while house-hunting). The edd is based on the early u/s, which I know can be off by 1-2 weeks. I also know that the average pregnancy is 41w1d. I know that there are variations of even this average.

Despite that I KNOW all of this, the waiting after the edd is emotionally hard. I keep telling myself and everyone else the baby will come when she's ready. I know I sound like I'm whining, because some mamas waited 2 weeks or more after the edd for their babies to arrive. It is hard to wrap my head around the possibility of being pregnant another two weeks!
#8 of 28 Old 07-30-2006, 10:19 PM

Tanya,

I feel the same way as you. I have never made it to my due date before & now here it is, my due date & the day is slowly dwindling away. The wait is so excruciating. I was in the drugstore today & the lady in front of me in line was also pg & she looked much bigger than me. I thought for sure she was due any day also, but the clerk asked her when she was due & she said 2 months. She then commented that she just carried big. Then I came up & the clerk asked, "And when are you due?" & I proudly said "Today!" Her jaw just dropped. She commented on how great I looked & how I looked so much smaller than the other woman & she couldn't believe I was walking around. I really can't believe it either, but I don't think I could take another 2 weeks, no matter how good I feel. Let's all pray together for some more July babies. We have one more day!!!!!!!
#9 of 28 Old 07-31-2006, 02:43 AM

I'm still here, too, two days past due. I guess I shouldn't have anticipated I'd go early considering I went 10 days past due with my DD (with an induction no less) but something made me think I might. Of course, now that our ducks are in a row, we have someone here to watch DD, and most everything is done to prep for the new arrival we just sit and twiddle our thumbs....just like last time. *sigh*

Looks like my little ones will have birthdays in different months most likely. Okay by me!

Here's hoping we all have happy, healthy, late-comers to our parties. Maybe they'll just be the laid-back babes of the bunch.

Sharon

and :-loving mom to 2 wonderful girls - (7/2/04) and (8/7/06) - who are both , :, , and married to my best friend in life :
#10 of 28 Old 07-31-2006, 03:57 AM

oi--i'm here too, now 7 days past my due date.

i'm doing lots of lurking b/c i feel so impatient and don't want to sit at my desk longer than it takes to scan through to find out how everyone's doing!

i know this is normal, but i want to meet my baby! and the comments from strangers are getting wierder and waaay less appropriate (i don't want to hear birth horror stories right now, nor do i need to be lectured on the benefits of breastfeeding from outside my stall as i pee at the grocery store!!!) i know strangers are excited and only mean well, but when my answer to the first question, 'are you tired?' is 'yes', it is not so fabulous to continue asking so many questions... !

and okay i know everyone means well and is excited and doesn't want to be left out, but i am also getting irritated by all the phone calls--mostly i think because i am irritated that i can't say, 'yes we had the baby and it's a....!

it's hard to believe it is ever going to happen since i don't seem to be showing any signs, am still running around and throwing balls with my poodle at the beach, the nesting is done and when at home all i want to do is sleep, and i don't even know what a contraction feels like (has everyone in the world been having contractions for days/weeks/months before labour??) i thought i'd be right on time b/c i had my conception date so accurate...

but s/he could come any time....and despite being a bit of a sourpuss about this last little stretch i am still veeerry excited!!!
#11 of 28 Old 07-31-2006, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigress
and the comments from strangers are getting wierder and waaay less appropriate (i don't want to hear birth horror stories right now, nor do i need to be lectured on the benefits of breastfeeding from outside my stall as i pee at the grocery store!!!)

Hang in there ladies, it can't be long now!
#12 of 28 Old 07-31-2006, 10:44 AM

I am still here!
Thought i was going into labour last night but it was just a combination of braxton hicks and needing a poo
11 days over today - sure he'll arrive by the end of the week - i'm just soo bored - can't face leaving the house with a toddler - getting him to get dressed is stressfull enough!
anyway he's just worked out where i've run off to and is coming upstairs to hit all the keys

good luck to everyone

vikki

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#13 of 28 Old 07-31-2006, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire
Hang in there ladies, it can't be long now!
See, this is what I keep thinking, and then...it keeps being longer.

I'm actually going back to work today (just for a couple of hours to see some desperate folks) just to take my mind off it all.
#14 of 28 Old 07-31-2006, 01:47 PM

I am still here 9 days OD...got super depressed last night...slept in the guest room and cried off and on thru out the night...pathetic I know.:
Super depressed..I guess the theory of 2nd babies come early is bunk...I really just wnat to close my eyes and sleep I feel so mentally crummy...physically I feel great though could be worse.

carlie~33 DP~40 mom to Cadan Riley 7/22/04, Kailin Naiya 8/05/06,, Ronen Blake12/13/08 , Rosen Blythe 7/26/10.
#15 of 28 Old 07-31-2006, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice
See, this is what I keep thinking, and then...it keeps being longer.

I'm actually going back to work today (just for a couple of hours to see some desperate folks) just to take my mind off it all.
Good plan. I worked until the baby was born and it really helped take my mind off of the wait factor. My coworkers were very annoying but my phone kept ringing at home too...

Just remember that no one is pregnant forever. That was my mantra for the last 5 days!
#16 of 28 Old 07-31-2006, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Still hoping for a July baby. Not particularly optimistic at this point, but still hoping. I went to see my chiro this morning, and felt the baby really shifting around after the adjustment. Baby's been super quiet ever since (not worrysome quiet, just quiet). I went straight from my chiro's office to MY office, where I saw a couple of people and noticed a fair bit more pressure down low. Something? Nothing? Who knows? Since my adjustment I feel much better emotionally, though, so I'm game to just see what comes next.

My BabyHawk Mei Tai came today, in case that's what the baby is waiting for Four guys came and put up the frame and roof of our new garage today, in case that's what the baby is waiting for I have the diaper laundry in the dryer, in case that's what the baby is waiting for and I have the next 3 hours without my kiddos, so I think I'll go sit on the couch with some yummy wool and the first season of Survivor on DVD.

ANY TIME NOW!
#17 of 28 Old 07-31-2006, 06:51 PM

I'm still here - and no signs that that will change any time soon. However, my 2 youngest have pigs in the county fair this week - so this isn't a good week for the baby to come...so I figure he will!

Mrs. S - Crunchy child of The King, Wife to my best friend, and Mama to my many blessings.

#18 of 28 Old 07-31-2006, 08:56 PM

I'm still here... I visited my MW today - seems all that prodromal labor DID do something! She checked me, I was at 2 and she was able to stretch me to 4! So she said I'm 3, stretchy to 4, baby's at 0 and my cervix is very thin. She stripped my membranes and said she expects me to call her by 4 - LOL.

Mercury is in retrograde until today or tomorrow - all of her August clients have delivered in July and now all of her July clients are overdue, spilling into August - craziness!

Christi

Wife to one Amazing man, Mom to 3 Wonderful children with #4 due in Feb

#19 of 28 Old 07-31-2006, 09:46 PM

Yikes, a few more hours & we will all be having August babies! Well, off to lurk in the August DDC.
#20 of 28 Old 07-31-2006, 11:04 PM

I promise, your babies will come, mamas! Somehow I think I'm still actually the latest so far? I would have never predicted it, but two weeks past my edd, he REALLY DID COME!
#21 of 28 Old 08-01-2006, 04:47 AM

1st August & still pregnant.
having warm up contractions though - nothing regular - maybe today, maybe tomorrow... who knows..
it just seems so odd to me as ds1 was born on his edd, quick labour, no warm up contractions. I keep on telling myself that its normal but part of me is panicing that i'm broken.
poor dh came home from work early yesterday, ready to set up the birthing pool (i wouldn't let him) now he's off to work again this morning

thinking of you all

vikki

:
#22 of 28 Old 08-01-2006, 08:42 AM

Looks like we will be having August babies. The September DDC is already talking about what to pack & so many of us in the July DDC are still waiting. This next week should prove interesting.
#23 of 28 Old 08-01-2006, 08:46 AM

I was thinking about you today Elisheva! I hope that you all have your happy, healthy, bouncing babies soon.
#24 of 28 Old 08-01-2006, 10:22 AM

Maybe our babies are just going to hold out to be born during World Breastfeeding Week! Have to find some sort of positive thing about being pregnant still.
#25 of 28 Old 08-01-2006, 03:04 PM

Had my appt todays 41 weeks 3 days...she is sounding great and very responsive. I have a stress test on Friday...oh boy
I am one of 5 woman that are being seen by my midwife that were due in July and are going over into August even though they delivered by 40 weeks with their others...something in the air I guess. At least I am not alone. I am still in awe that I have gon over especially with such and on time number 1 bbay....ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

carlie~33 DP~40 mom to Cadan Riley 7/22/04, Kailin Naiya 8/05/06,, Ronen Blake12/13/08 , Rosen Blythe 7/26/10.
#26 of 28 Old 08-01-2006, 04:32 PM

had a midwife appointment today - they want me to see the consultant at the hospital on thursday to discuss induction :
they can't let me have a homebirth after 42 weeks & they gave me all the rubbish about how i'm risking killing my baby if i don't get induced - nice do they think stressing out the pregnant woman is going to make the baby turn up?
my solution - not turn up for the appointment on thhursday and hide from the midwives until the baby turns up.

:
#27 of 28 Old 08-01-2006, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck
my solution - not turn up for the appointment on thhursday and hide from the midwives until the baby turns up.
Good plan!

I had my mw appointment today, too. We keep thinking surely I won't be pregnant in another week, lol! Hopefully I'll not need next week's appointment.
#28 of 28 Old 08-01-2006, 07:10 PM

My midwives are astounished that I am still pregnant too. They haven't even mentioned induction to me..there is no law requiring them to hand over care..it is in their discretion or mine. I will probably willingly fofeit my adventures in home birth next Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstsmith
Good plan!

I had my mw appointment today, too. We keep thinking surely I won't be pregnant in another week, lol! Hopefully I'll not need next week's appointment.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page