My baby just did the funniest/weirdest/craziest.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-02-2006, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I was noticing some interesting/humorous/weird things that my baby did, and I thought to myself that surely, all of you have things that your new baby is doing that are funny/weird/crazy too!

- She is a massive grunter. Like sounds like she is hacking up her stomach type grunting. It's really cute. And she does it in her sleep. At first I thought perhaps she had a nasal blockage, but no. She is just one snorty baby.

- Her favorite pastime, whilst my husband is holding her, is to yank on his chest hair....really hard. Like tears rolling down his face hard.

- We are pretty sure, that she gets GREAT enjoyment out of making us change two diapers in one sitting. She will wait, until we are most of the way through, like diaper fastened ect, and then, she will fill it again. And usually with a big grin on her face too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2006, 03:56 PM

LOL, we are the same with #1 and #2! Did you know that a "throaty baby" is one of the symptoms of GER?
Old 08-02-2006, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah I did! Weird, I guess it might have something to do with the irritation in their throats. I just got a moby wrap the other day (LOVE IT!!) and she has been a lot less fussy, and I am thinking it's cause she is very upright in that thing. We do the hug hold....
Old 08-02-2006, 04:07 PM

Cool! I need another carrier I think. I have a hotsling and he gets lost in it and hates it. I think once he is bigger it will work out.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva
Cool! I need another carrier I think. I have a hotsling and he gets lost in it and hates it. I think once he is bigger it will work out.
Seriously - try a moby. They aren't expensive (got mine for $35 at a store) and it's great for all size babies. Love mine!!
Old 08-02-2006, 04:58 PM

K is an absolute expert at diaper timing. I wait, and wait, and wait until he's made at least 3 loud poops and I think he MUST be done... 5-10 minutes of waiting. Change the diaper. Snappi on. POOOOOOOOP.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:02 PM

I remember one particularly spectacular diaper change where we went through 4 diapers before I gave up and collapsed in a puddle of laughter, tears (from laughing thank god) and poop. Every time I would get a new diaper under her, she'd shoot poop all over it. It just kept coming! And it was 2am or something ridiculous like that and finally DH actually got out of bed to come and see if I was OK. He took one look at us, and laughed so hard he almost wet himself.

Aaah, good times. Can't wait to do it all again...really. Any time now!
Old 08-02-2006, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess
K is an absolute expert at diaper timing. I wait, and wait, and wait until he's made at least 3 loud poops and I think he MUST be done... 5-10 minutes of waiting. Change the diaper. Snappi on. POOOOOOOOP.

Another grunter here! She is soooooooooo noisy!
Old 08-02-2006, 05:41 PM

another grunter here!!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
Old 08-02-2006, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Seriously - try a moby. They aren't expensive (got mine for $35 at a store) and it's great for all size babies. Love mine!!
I just got one on eBay!
Old 08-03-2006, 03:19 AM
~pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD
: Or make one. It's just a big piece of slightly stretchy fabric. We got some nice dark purple fabric on clearance for less than $10, DH hemmed it (took about 10 minutes) and now we have a wrap.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 08-03-2006, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva
LOL, we are the same with #1 and #2! Did you know that a "throaty baby" is one of the symptoms of GER?
So, this may be a stupid question, but what is GER? My babe is definitly a grunter.

We just bought a mammasmilk adjustable pouch-havent recieved it yet, but hes not even a week old, so Im not sure if its safe to use yet anyway. My friend is making us a mei tai with fabric DH and I picked out, and I think I want a ring sling as well, but I may be going overboard with the baby wearing carriers-seeing as how I only have 1 baby.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:39 PM

yep my baby grunts soooo loud too
yes what is GER????
Old 08-03-2006, 05:02 PM

GER = gastroesophageal reflux

Throaty baby is just one of many symptoms...
Old 08-04-2006, 12:53 PM

When my baby spits up, it comes out his nose.

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
Old 08-15-2006, 09:15 PM

I got another nose-spitter. It literally shoots out both nostrils. It would be funny if it didnt' look so darn uncomfortable.

Isaiah's latest "achievement"... he peed on me for the first time. As in, jetstream of urine shooting up in a lovely arch right on to my chest. I laughed so hard, I scared him. I was actually looking foward to that... since it's expected for baby boys, like a milestone. (of course, now that he's done it once, he doesn't have to again LOL)
Old 08-17-2006, 12:10 AM

DS fakes me out on nursings. He'll start mouthing my shoulder like crazy and giving me his baby bird look. Then when I whip out the boob, he shuts his mouth and looks at me like "Can I help you?"

And when he really does want to nurse, he gets excited and moves his head back and forth rapidly, mouth agape. DH sits and heckles as I sit there with my boob out, trying to hit my moving target.

Anna , partner to Chad geek.gif , mommy to Aidan (10/12/04) and Nate (07/18/06) fencing.gif , and Violet fairy.gif(10/23/07) .

Old 08-17-2006, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidansMommy1012
DS fakes me out on nursings. He'll start mouthing my shoulder like crazy and giving me his baby bird look. Then when I whip out the boob, he shuts his mouth and looks at me like "Can I help you?"

And when he really does want to nurse, he gets excited and moves his head back and forth rapidly, mouth agape. DH sits and heckles as I sit there with my boob out, trying to hit my moving target.
My DD does the same exact thing!!
Old 08-17-2006, 11:29 AM

Quote:

Ok this is not something the baby did... rather something DH thinks is hilarious. He takes Rachel and trots her along the floor as if she's walking, chasing the toddler. It freaks both of us out to see someone that short "walking" :
Old 08-17-2006, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire
Ok this is not something the baby did... rather something DH thinks is hilarious. He takes Rachel and trots her along the floor as if she's walking, chasing the toddler. It freaks both of us out to see someone that short "walking" :

Old 08-18-2006, 12:16 AM
~pi

Quote:
Yep, here too!

My favourite funny moment so far was a few days ago when DS was nursing, popped himself off, and then latched himself back on. Great ... except that my nipple was not included in the latch.

It was towards the end of a nursing session, so everything was kind of soft and squooshy, and he just grabbed onto a big mouthful of aerola and started sucking away like crazy! He was looking up at me intently with these great big eyes, with my nipple bobbing back and forth, hitting him in the nose. I laughed so hard I nearly peed.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

Old 08-18-2006, 12:13 PM

Quote:
DH always calls that the Piranha... its like "look there's blood in the water"... frantically trying to find that boob. And sometimes with that frantic latch that isn't quite right... OUCH!!
Old 08-18-2006, 12:34 PM

I love the look on his face when he first latches on after the pirhana search. He finally finds it and latches, and his eyes get all squinty, and he's sooooo serious as he sucks as if his life depended on it.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:58 PM

A really big one too! He latched on like a champ, but not on the nipple!

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09

User Tag List