So overwhelmed - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-17-2006, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, my baby will be 2 weeks tomorrow. We have only been home for a week since he was in the hospital last week & I am finding it so hard to take care of him, my other kids, the house & I am already back to work (I work from the house) I don't have time to sleep when the baby sleeps & am so exhausted at the end of the night. Luckily, he is pretty good at night & I am able to get some sleep. Nursing is not going so well, but we are hanging in there. He just takes up so much of my time that I don't have time to get everything else done. I really hope things get easier. Anyone else feel the same way?
#2 of 10 Old 08-17-2006, 07:32 PM

my goodness you are my hero w/4 and already back to work?
hugs to you mama!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#3 of 10 Old 08-17-2006, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Had a post that was eaten by the server. Too tired to type it all. Dd wakes up each night at 3am and refuses to go back to sleep...screams and cries and she's NEVER been this way. Ds came home from being out with dh and passed out, woke up, threw up, passed out again. Whether it's a one time puke or an all-nighter remains to be seen. Last thing I need with a four day old, who, btw, looks like she has a short frenulum and my nipples are
s-o-r-e. Hopefully we can get it clipped at the ped tomorrow. Plus, she's had a high respiration rate that the midwife was concerned about because it should clear up on it's own after the first day. When it didn't we made a trip to the children's hospital here and thankfully, it's nothing and she's just taking longer than normal to clear up. But we had to do a chest xray to rule out heart or lung abnormalities. Poor dh is going to need a vacation again after we get through this week. We are really struggling with being outnumbered by little ones. And tonight, they all want mommy. Did I say I've yet to nap today?

Didn't mean to hijack your thread...just letting you know I'm right there with you and gettingout the rescue remedy tonight.
#4 of 10 Old 08-17-2006, 11:17 PM
~pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwickmama
my goodness you are my hero w/4 and already back to work?
hugs to you mama!
:

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#5 of 10 Old 08-18-2006, 01:31 AM

Mamas: I was feeling really overwhelmed for the first four weeks or so...things seem to have settled in the last two weeks. Hope thing mellow for you soon.
#6 of 10 Old 08-18-2006, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_chick
Well, my baby will be 2 weeks tomorrow. We have only been home for a week since he was in the hospital last week & I am finding it so hard to take care of him, my other kids, the house & I am already back to work (I work from the house) I don't have time to sleep when the baby sleeps & am so exhausted at the end of the night. Luckily, he is pretty good at night & I am able to get some sleep. Nursing is not going so well, but we are hanging in there. He just takes up so much of my time that I don't have time to get everything else done. I really hope things get easier. Anyone else feel the same way?
I could have written this post. I also have 3 dds and a new ds. He is a week older than yours. I also work from home and am working again 3 weeks after a c section. It really is overwhelming. For us, nursing is going well, but sleep is another story. He isn't a great sleeper yet, but I'm telling myself that this will get better.
#7 of 10 Old 08-18-2006, 07:34 PM

I think you should give yourself credit for just being able to breath I'm kind of a neat freak and it was very hard for me to let the house stay messy, but I think it was the only way I could keep from losing it for the first couple of weeks. Take it easy on yourself

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#8 of 10 Old 08-19-2006, 10:34 AM

quit your job! or take another 2-3 months off!

don't know if this is possible for you, but just throwing it out there.

you are awesome mama

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#9 of 10 Old 08-19-2006, 04:48 PM

I think that 6 weeks is a kind of threshold - things got much easier for me then and I felt like some kind of a routine was starting to get into place with dd1 and dd 2 ..............
#10 of 10 Old 08-19-2006, 05:12 PM

nak.... me to mama!!!! My son went into the nicu after birth and I was suppossed to go to work one week after coming home, but that date changed, and we were emotional! (my mom and I own a summer intensive company) I went back to working two weeks after he came home from the nicu! I constantly mutter under my breath that this is so hard, and I only have two...you are super mom!

I can't help but think to myself that other mamas get 6-12 weeks maternity leave, and that seems to make me cry . But then I get a weekend with ds or a good nights sleep or a day with older son at the sitters and I breath a little easier the next couple hours

Do you have the ability to find a homeschooled mamas helper availiable during the day, or a sitter for the older kiddos? This really helps me!

Hugs mama, this to shall pass, right????

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page