If anyone wants to see, my brother and my girls... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-27-2006, 02:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My brother and my girls
I know I should really post this in grief and loss, but I just feel close to you ladies and wanna share it here. I understand if it needs to be moved. I just wanted my online friend to see my brother and my girls. There's a lot to mourn here. A mother lost her son(the biggest tragedy), a wife lost her dh, 3 small kids lost their daddy, 3 girls and a boy lost their brother and so on. But today, I'm thinking of my girls and what they've lost. They've lost even knowing what they've lost. He was the awesomest uncle. They would have loved him. He was covered in tattoes and intimidating to many people. He got some of the most unkind looks. But he had the biggest heart of gold. They'll never know how silly he is or fun, how great he was. A lot of the kids are afraid of him at first. Then grow to love him. My oldest didn't like very many people when she was small and he was no exception. The pic of her at Easter shows that. She was freaked out, but had just started to not cry when he was holding her. Recently, she decided she liked him. I don't have many pics of him with them. He was also on the move. It makes me sad that I didn't think it more important to get pics with him. I though there'd be time. He met my new baby girl 2 times. Held her just once for a minute so I could get a pic. SHe was hungry and fussy. But I knew he'd be off running around somewhere and I'd miss my chance so I took the pic. I'm so grateful I did. That day we were having a cook-out with my parents and he snuck out for 30 minutes to go home and mow his lawn. He's so silly. I've dreamed my whole life of these girls and I'm so glad he got to see them both. Mattie was only 5 weeks when we lost him. You can tell in the pics he was so proud to be their uncle. This is just so sad. Thanks for reading this.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#2 of 12 Old 08-27-2006, 04:42 AM

to you

i lost my mum six years ago and she too was awesome. I remember the intense pain and grief and still hold some of it in my soul. Take care of yourself and give yourself lots of slack (do you use that expression in America?)

Sending you lots of love and hugs all the way across the oceans......
#3 of 12 Old 08-27-2006, 09:30 AM

Hugs to you! Thanks for sharing. He looked like a very kind/fun man - can see it in his eyes. I'm so sorry for your loss.
#4 of 12 Old 08-27-2006, 09:45 AM

My heart aches for your loss. Losing someone is the worst feeling in the world. Treasure the memories you have and write them down for your girls. They will love reading about how awesome their uncle is! Thinking of you.....

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#5 of 12 Old 08-27-2006, 09:58 AM

Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures
#6 of 12 Old 08-27-2006, 10:26 AM

thanks for sharing, i'm so glad you have those pics!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#7 of 12 Old 08-27-2006, 03:48 PM
~pi

I'm so sorry for your loss.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#8 of 12 Old 08-28-2006, 07:35 AM

Such a sad thing to happen
I like to think that your girls have a guardian angel uncle looking out for them for the rest of their lives.

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#9 of 12 Old 08-28-2006, 07:45 AM

Joy, I just wanted to tell you that those pics made me cry. I'm at work, and when I clicked and saw them.....well.....He looks like he has a beautiful soul and I am so sorry for your family's losses when he died.

Kelly, mama (12yoDS), doula, RN, and writer.
There's no where you can be that isn't where you were meant to be, its easy
#10 of 12 Old 08-29-2006, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the support. I really appreciate the friendship I feel on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck
Such a sad thing to happen
I like to think that your girls have a guardian angel uncle looking out for them for the rest of their lives.
I think the same thing. My baby was only 5 weeks when we lost him. She started smiling at about 3 weeks. But a week after he was gone, she started smiling at the air. May be silly, but I'm sure she must see him.
Today my older dd was looking through the pics on the digital camera. I turn it on slide show and hand it to her. (Shhh...don't tell my dh). She said to me "I see UncaToy". I looked and it was not him but my other brother in the pic. It was strange though because she didn't talk about him much and I wasn't even sure she'd remember him. It's funny the things that come up. Thanks Ladies.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#11 of 12 Old 08-29-2006, 04:49 PM

Your pics made me cry too. It shows how precious life and loved ones are. I'm sending a big cyber-hug to you and your family ... sounds like you need it.

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#12 of 12 Old 08-29-2006, 04:56 PM

and comforting vibes to you and your family.

baby arlo is now earthside! 11.23.2009

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page