Period, anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-09-2006, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I just got my period. My pp bleeding stopped two weeks ago and I have mild cramping, so I think this is it. We're exclusively nursing, and I got my period early on with DS1 and we were exclusively nursing, too, so I think I just may be in that small percentage of women who get it no matter what. Anyone else?

Anna , partner to Chad geek.gif , mommy to Aidan (10/12/04) and Nate (07/18/06) fencing.gif , and Violet fairy.gif(10/23/07) .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 09-09-2006, 03:58 PM

nak...im not sure, the bleeding stopped 2 weeks ago and started back up 2 days ago, its not heavy though. i am also excusivly bf on demand. but my dh and i did have sex so that might be the culprit. i see mw tuesday for 6 week checkup, will ask then.
#3 of 10 Old 09-09-2006, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Oh!! Dh and I had sex this morning, too! Maybe that's it. I kind of hope so, because I would welcome a little more time without Aunt Flo.

Anna , partner to Chad geek.gif , mommy to Aidan (10/12/04) and Nate (07/18/06) fencing.gif , and Violet fairy.gif(10/23/07) .

#4 of 10 Old 09-09-2006, 09:54 PM

About two weeks after my initial bleeding stopped, I had more bleeding. The on-call OB thought it was my period, but when I went for my six week follow up appt., my doctor thought it was just me being overactive. I'm now 11 1/2 weeks postpartum and have not had any more bleeding so I am inclined to beleive that it was just from being too active.

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#5 of 10 Old 09-10-2006, 01:54 PM

I've been feeling crampy and bitchy like I'm about to start my period too. I'm convinced I'm going to be one of those unlucky ones.

I had a little bleeding, but......um, it was just my 'rhoids.

Hopefully the will stay away from us all!

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#6 of 10 Old 09-10-2006, 05:20 PM

I am still spotting a tiny bit at 9 weeks post partum!
#7 of 10 Old 09-10-2006, 11:50 PM

My bleeding stopped a 5 weeks pp and 2-3 weeks later I had spotting and cramping. I was sure it was my period but it never progressed. Based on prev posters, it sounds common!
#8 of 10 Old 09-12-2006, 01:19 AM

I had bleeding until about 3-4 weeks postpartum and then BAM! On EXACTLY 8 weeks (2weeks ago)... got my period. : It is so not fair!!! Grace is exclusively BFed and is attached to said Boob CONSTANTLY!! It's not fair! Longest I've gone was 6 months after DD#1 was born. I even had 3 periods in the 10 months postpartum between DS#1 and DS#2. With DS#2 I got it back on exactly 3 months postpartum and was suddenly like clock work for the next 9 months until I got pregnant this last time. Why don't I get to have a break from it? I know so many people that don't get their periods back for over a year some even as long at 20+ months but not me apparently.

It's not fair! <stomps foot>
#9 of 10 Old 09-12-2006, 04:27 PM

I've gotten mine back at 9 and 12 months. No period between #1 and #2.....exclusive breastfeeding is NOT effective birth control
#10 of 10 Old 09-24-2006, 04:43 PM
WNB

I delivered 7/7, had about a week and half of pp bleeding (though never too heavy) and about 5 weeks after birth, had what seemed like one of my periods - heavy bleeding for 1-2 days, then light for a few more days, some initial cramping -- all my norm. It hasn't returned, however, and I know I'm not pregnant (unless it was immaculate conception, lol), so I figure it was just the pp hormone rush working out.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page