Mothering Forum banner

Christmas shopping

692 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  mrs rockstar 
#1 ·
I'm done.
I just sat here with dh's credit card and ordered everything online. I cannot stand shopping in the stores this time of year. Ya know what I realized, this will be the last year of shopping for one child. I kind of feel bad for ds. He won't be getting quite as much next year. I definitely will not be able to double our Christmas budget.
Not that I will be buying massive amounts of toys for a baby but the years to come, sheesh. Not gonna happen.

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow, you go girl! I am mostly done with my 3 kids, but have the rest of the family to buy for now...our parents, siblings, nieces & nephew, grandparents...teachers. We have a long list, lol! Christmas is expensive in our house!

Sarah, mama to Nathaniel, Ethan and Emily
Expecting another bundle of joy 8/7/06!

#5 ·
Well, we don't buy for our siblings with the exception of my youngest sister. She is only 16 and I still think of her as "one of the kids". I have one niece and one nephew to buy for and we get my mil and fil a restaurant gift certificate every year. They have everything and they love to go out so it makes thing real simple. Hmmm, teacher, I should talk to dh about getting me another present. I am ds' teacher after all.

#6 ·
So impressed that you're done with your shopping, Robynee! I'm planning on doing lots of hand-made stuff this year... It's more economical, but also way more time-consuming, so I really need to get started! Luckily in my family a couple of years ago we started doing Secret Santa among the adults, so there's way less shopping for everyone. We still all buy for the kids, but we're a pretty modest, low key family as far as gift-giving goes, so it isn't a huge deal. Even a bunch of little things can quickly add up, though, so I really need to get cracking with the knitting and embroidery etc!

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by heide
Oh my gosh, I just realized this was a post from last year! What a dork I am, I didn't even look at the date and thought you were done for your 06 shopping in August!
Now that would REALLY have been impressive!!!
I was seriously confused

#11 ·
You ladies are hilarious!

I initially thought the same thing, and was imagining how cool it would be to be ready not only for the new babe, but for everything a few months down the road. Heck, I just managed to buy some balloons for ds b'day party next week, but everything else still needs to get done/bought.
:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.