Anyone here also nursing a babe under a year old? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-08-2005, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd is 9 mos old in a couple of days and my milk supply has already gone down a bit. Usually I spray out the side she is not nursing on and now nuttin' comes out of the other side. I was really looking forward to a long nursing relationship. My first dd weaned at 9 mos old. (3 yo is my stepson) E (9mos) is a very high needy baby and I didn't see her weaning anytime soon which is completely fine with me....but now, I don't know if my supply will hold up to her needs. Anyone else in this boat with me?

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#2 of 3 Old 12-09-2005, 06:04 PM

Yes. I've done a lot of reading, and I think it can be done. Although my boobs are sore and I am soooooooo tired. But lots of mamas on MDC say they did it no problem, and I recently heard about one midwife who was feeding 3 children at once. WoW!

My supply seems ok for now, but I've heard it can drop off later. Cross our fingers it doesn't !
#3 of 3 Old 12-09-2005, 07:18 PM

My supply is way low too but he will be a year in about a week so I am not too concerned. He eats like a man so I know he is getting plenty of nutrition from food.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page