***Chit chat thread for January*** - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 68 Old 01-25-2006, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to post that I had my first 'real' midwife appointment today (last was just a consult). We heard the heartbeat and I'm measuring 9 weeks and a few days, giving me an edd of August 26th (what we thought). It's a relief and we go for a sonogram in a little under 2 weeks and for blood tests (though we're skipping the AFP).
#62 of 68 Old 01-26-2006, 02:34 PM

Hi everybody, just wanted to say I'm joining up. EDD August 19th with our first.
#63 of 68 Old 01-27-2006, 12:19 AM

I finally found my uterus today! A friend showed me how to find it, mine is right below my belly button and I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. How fun!
#64 of 68 Old 01-27-2006, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingWearin'Mama
I finally found my uterus today! A friend showed me how to find it, mine is right below my belly button and I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. How fun!
That is so cool. I can't figure out where my baby is yet. I know I feel little movements really low, but I swear I feel a hard spot up further too. I can't remember when I finally found my dd last time. I just lay in bed every night poking around. Poor baby is probably like momma, leave me alone!
#65 of 68 Old 01-27-2006, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all! I'm officially 13w 3d! Hooray, but I still have this absolutely horrible morning sickness. Is anyone crossing into the 2nd trimester sick as a dog like me?
#66 of 68 Old 01-28-2006, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula Rose
Hi all! I'm officially 13w 3d! Hooray, but I still have this absolutely horrible morning sickness. Is anyone crossing into the 2nd trimester sick as a dog like me?
I'm only 10w 4d, but I'm still extremely sick, and it seems to be getting worse at night. It used to be that mornings were worse but now it's just that bad all the time. So I don't see it letting up any time soon.
#67 of 68 Old 01-28-2006, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingWearin'Mama
This scares me. I'm 11w (12w on Sunday) and my fundal height is also just below my belly button already. WAY freaking ahead of schedule, even for me.

That u/s tech better not have missed anything in my u/s at 6w or I'm gonna have a flippin heart attack.
#68 of 68 Old 01-28-2006, 05:57 PM

I've been most sick in the evenings too -- I never vomit in the mornings, only at night. "Morning" sickness -- oh geez!! Whatever!! I really don't know who came up with that.

I'm a week from 2nd trimester and I'm hoping like crazy I will start feeling better. At this point I can't tell if my symptoms are changing or if I've just resigned to feeling badly all the time.

My food cravings have changed, that I can tell. I was eating the strangest assortment of carbs that I have ever eaten before now, some days I could only get down bowl after bowl of cream of wheat, other days it was all bagels and toast and pasta and junk food! Just this week I've started craving salads again and can tolerate vegetables.

I'm still horrifically repulsed by poultry though, earlier on, if my husband would merely mention a food related to poultry it would instantly provoke me to gag or even vomit. Isn't that amazing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page