Baby beds????????? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 01-18-2006, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used an Amby hammock with my youngest and it was worth every penny. We tried to cosleep again, but again, no such work. He slept in our room in it for months and then outside our door for another few weeks and then in his room. He loved it and transitioned out of it at 1.5. Worth it, very.

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#32 of 45 Old 01-18-2006, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie
dinahx, do you have a Once Upon a Child in your area? I was shocked to see the arms reach co sleeper at *both* of the ones I've hit for maternity clothes this week--and I'm in a totally mainstream area. I can't believe very many people co sleep here, so I was pretty impressed! One was selling for $40 but it didn't have the mattress (how would you use it at that point?), and the other was selling for $80.
Or a Children's Orchard store, www.childorch.com. There's a store locator. We have one almost in sight of our house. I get so many great deals on used clothing and gear, and our's has used maternity clothing too.
Another resale chain is Kid To Kid. www.kidtokid.com. They also have a store locator. Co-sleepers are listed as one of their "most-wanted" items.

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#33 of 45 Old 01-19-2006, 01:21 AM

We have a Amby that I tried to use with our 1st. I think it was because she was so small (5lbs) but she always seemed to roll up against the side. Then she would cry because she was kind of squished up. (That and she was pretty much opposed to sleeping unless I held her and sat still, lol) By the time she was heavy enough to stay in one spot, she was already hooked on her snuggly seat and didn't like the amby. I'm hoping that this baby will work out in it because I really think they are neat. Plus I gave the snuggle seat thing back to my friend who then got rid of it so it's not an option this time.
#34 of 45 Old 01-19-2006, 07:50 PM

I'm sneaking in from the September due date club. Just wondering about transitioning the kid out of the thing and into a stationary sleeping surface.
With my luck, I'd probably end up with a three year old who can only sleep in a gently swaying hammock..

Jessi
#35 of 45 Old 01-20-2006, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 in August
We have a Amby that I tried to use with our 1st. I think it was because she was so small (5lbs) but she always seemed to roll up against the side.
I noticed on the Amby web-site that they sell an additional piece for premies and newborns to prevent this.
#36 of 45 Old 01-20-2006, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffinsMom
I noticed on the Amby web-site that they sell an additional piece for premies and newborns to prevent this.
Interesting, if we are in the same situation this time, I'll definately look into that.

BTW, when we did get ours, we got it on ebay. It was new in the box and about 1/2 the price. Don't know if the same person is still selling them or not.

Jen
#37 of 45 Old 01-20-2006, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie
I was shocked to see the arms reach co sleeper at *both* of the ones I've hit for maternity clothes this week--and I'm in a totally mainstream area. I can't believe very many people co sleep here, so I was pretty impressed!

Its kind of OT, but I know many "mainstream" people who co-sleep. They just don't readily offer the information to people. They still try to use the cribs/toddler beds, but it doesnt work. I always ask "how often is Junior sneaking into your bed in the middle of the night". You would be amazed by how many people will answer at least a couple times a week!
#38 of 45 Old 01-20-2006, 03:27 PM

I can't remember where I read it, but I read an article that said 73% of families co-sleep in some way, even if it's just for a few hours a few times a week.

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#39 of 45 Old 07-13-2006, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Someone was asking about this old thread...so I thought I'd bring it back up to the top of our list! If the links aren't good anymore, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Also, if anyone has any other good links....add them!!

As an update, we ended up finding a great used Amby through a friend...we'll see what the baby thinks!
R
#40 of 45 Old 07-13-2006, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeaufoy
As an update, we ended up finding a great used Amby through a friend...we'll see what the baby thinks!
Lucky you! Well done
#41 of 45 Old 07-14-2006, 12:00 AM

DS loved his Amby, and I appreciated having a place to lay him down safely for a nap once he started roooooolling.

Plus, at some point, we did want to have a sex life and a modicum of privacy again after his birth. DH refuses to get in the mood if there is a baby sleeping on the other side of the bed.

That said, DS STARTED the night much more often than he finished it in the hammock.
#42 of 45 Old 07-14-2006, 12:49 AM

We will co-sleep in the same bed, but have set up a 4 inch futon in the corner of our room if the baby wants her own space.
#43 of 45 Old 07-14-2006, 01:06 AM

We bought an Amby and it showed up today. DS was a such a terrible sleeper (even in our bed) that we aren't taking any chances if something exists that could help. He had to be moving to sleep - boy am I hoping to avoid that this time around. Here's hoping this will help the baby sleep more than ds did.

I'm still hoping to cosleep quite a bit though. DS is almost 3 and still sleeps in our bed some/most of every night. I don't want this baby to miss out on that so we'll do a combination of Amby/cosleep.
#44 of 45 Old 07-20-2006, 01:18 PM

We were originally planning on getting the mini arm's reach, but now that we got a pack 'n play, we're going to just try using that as a bassinet in our room for a few months til the little peanut moves into her crib. I hope it works for us!
#45 of 45 Old 07-25-2006, 08:32 PM

we all sleep in the same big bed. DD just turned two. We just added a twin to the king to have more room once #2 makes his/her appearance. As for a sex life there are other rooms in the house. We never had sex with my dd laying beside us but somehow we are expecting #2. The hammocks did look cool for naps though but I couldn't justify the dollars for another baby holder that my babe doesn't go in. Of all the baby equipent we bought the only thing we actually used/use is the car seat that (convertable that stays in the car) maya wrap and good quality exteriour frame back pack for long hikes.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page