***Chit chat thread for February*** - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-17-2006, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ya know, it's kinda funny how fast and how slow pregnancy goes. I remember the first time the "September" folder was lit up, I felt like I was really making progress. Then "October" got popular, and now "November" is being lit up for the first time.

Every day takes forever, but it's also going so quickly! Time is definitely different when you're pregnant.

Also, coincidentally, the further I get along, the shorter the time spans in between snacks....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2006, 03:40 PM

After worrying I was losing too much weight in the first tri, I packed on 1.5 pounds in the last four days. We're off!

Anybody else making progress yet?

KC
Old 02-17-2006, 04:40 PM

Yep, I'm 15-ish weeks and have gained 5lbs. Hopefully now that I'm eating better, it'll slow down a bit. But, in the first tri - I'll eat whatever sounds good, no matter how bad it may be for me.

3_angels, yes, I believe there is something to reincarnation.

magpiedee, this is my 2nd pregnancy and definitely things are going much faster than with the first. I have just found myself so busy chasing a toddler, that before I know it, another week has passed

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:04 PM

I was shocked that I am actually up 14 pounds! Right where I should be but it is a miracle, my m/s that took a reprieve is making me gaggy 24/7 and I am having trouble stomaching anything!

On the up side that does ease my mind as I come off the prog. cream I plan on tonight being my last night .
Old 02-17-2006, 06:27 PM

Jenn, good luck going off the p. It can be nerve-wracking, but I know you've been weaning off. That's great on your weight gain, esp with m/s.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:04 PM

I feel like I'm awefuly big too. The top of my uetrus is now almost level with my bellbutton. I think I'm 13wk-ish? I'm short so my torso's short and it does fill up quickly but I know I was at leat 16wks when I hit my bellybutton with dd. I know know if its becuase this is #3 or that my dates are totally off or what. I do know that I look pg and people are stating to give me looks and I feel its early for that.
I couldnm't tell you how much weight I've gained sicne I've only had ythe one prenatal and we don't own a scale. I can tell you that almost none of my shirts fit right and pants I haven't even bothered trying. I get horrific gas pains and bloating when pg so I just gave up my pants last month when they started even though the mat. didn't fit then.

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 02-18-2006, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial
I feel like I'm awefuly big too. The top of my uetrus is now almost level with my bellbutton. I think I'm 13wk-ish? I'm short so my torso's short and it does fill up quickly but I know I was at leat 16wks when I hit my bellybutton with dd. I know know if its becuase this is #3 or that my dates are totally off or what. I do know that I look pg and people are stating to give me looks and I feel its early for that.
Wow I am impressed! My uterus is at my belly button too, seems like it's kind of stopped there for a while although I keep pouching outward below it. And I have not yet been asked by a stranger, I am just waiting! I am 5'10 though and it's all in my torso so I hide it well!
Old 02-18-2006, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingWearin'Mama
I am 5'10 though and it's all in my torso so I hide it well!
Lucky. Us short girls (5'6 here) have no where to expand but out. Oh what I would give for 4 more inches in height....
Old 02-18-2006, 11:51 AM

Oh yeah. It seems like overnight I've gained 4 pounds. All those giant everything bagels with peanut butter or Tofutti cream cheese, and all those take-out orders of Thai food!
I'm only 5'3" with a SHORT torso. I stick out ridiculously by the third trimester. By six months along EVERY stranger I meet asks if I'm having twins. :

I was resting yesterday evening in bed and my husband came in and I told him I thought I could feel the baby moving with my hand on my stomach if I pressed in, but I wasn't sure because maybe it was just that I knew when it was moving inside. But he tried with his hand and he swears he could feel it too. He was very excited and full of energy last night getting ready for work this weekend, all because of that! He said he was so happy to finally have some positive sign that I'm pregnant, instead of just all the negative morning sickness, etc. It was cute.

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 02-18-2006, 11:57 AM

Krista-
That's so exciting! It's nice when the guys start to get into the pregnancy. My dh was JUST saying that the other night he had his hand on my belly while I was asleep and he thinks that he felt the baby! This little squirmer has been so active lately.

I'm starting to gain some weight too. about 3 lbs. so far, althought you would be able to tell that i've only gained that much. I'm only 5' 1" and my belly is sticking out SOOOOO much. If this was my first you would think that I was 6 mo. already!
Old 02-18-2006, 02:44 PM

I had the girl at burger king ask me how much longer I had left the other day, that was embarrassing.
Veganf I get the "are you suer there's only one baby in there" etc comments a lot 6mths+ also. Oh and the "you look ready to pop" when I'm 6-7mths+ but the look on people's faces when I tell them I have months left

I haven't felt any kicks yet, just lots of squirms. Thursday dh could feel the baby shifting around too. That was pretty cool. We dying for the kicks though. DD was so fun, when dh would poke her in my belly she'd poke back. We're hoping this little bean likes to play too

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 02-19-2006, 01:06 PM

Jenn we did a little at home measuring, well dh did I just laid there, and I'm 15cm so really not measuring too over. I told you my torso is short

Old 02-20-2006, 04:36 PM

Well, I heard that wonderful little " WOB-WOB-WOB-WOB " of the heartbeat today for the first time! 149 beautiful beats a minute. It was amazing! The ultrasound in January was a complete miracle, but the sweet little heart ticking away gives me such a warm fuzzy.

All my blood work came back fine, i'm right where I should be, weight-wise, and I know my blood type for the first time in my life. And we also now know that April 4 will be the date of our ultrasound to learn the gender. It's so fun to have these holidays, like a kid looking forward to Christmas. Time to start taking bets... Yay!
Old 02-20-2006, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee
Time to start taking bets... Yay!
We always do a baby pool for friends and family (though we don't find out until the birth). We had to do date, time, sex, and weight to narrow down a winner since we have so many people want to vote.
For baby #1, my SIL's au pair won a caramel apple crunch pie.
For baby #2, my aerobics instructor won gluten-free brownies.
We always cater the "goody" to the winners tastes. Can't wait to see who wins this time! Though the list isn't very big yet, only 10 people. By baby #3 some people start to lose interest sadly.

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 02-21-2006, 10:13 AM

you guys are making me feel huge. I'm up 15 lbs! I'm really shocked and a bit upset - this is so different from my first pregnancy. I really don't know where the weight is, because except for my belly, I don't look much bigger. My belly is HUGE! Yesterday I had my first visit with our midwife and she mentioned I was measuring more like 22 wks (I'm 16!), which is impossible since I know when we conceived. She mentioned the twin word but I can't imagine thats the case since I've had no nausea or symptoms. Just hunger Anyways, I'm trying not to dwell on it but am hoping the gain slows down and I can keep it to 40 lbs or soo....haven't felt any kicks yet.. Maybe some flutters but nothing I could definitely say was baby.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glittergal
you guys are making me feel huge. I'm up 15 lbs! I'm really shocked and a bit upset - this is so different from my first pregnancy. I really don't know where the weight is, because except for my belly, I don't look much bigger. My belly is HUGE! Yesterday I had my first visit with our midwife and she mentioned I was measuring more like 22 wks (I'm 16!), which is impossible since I know when we conceived. She mentioned the twin word but I can't imagine thats the case since I've had no nausea or symptoms. Just hunger Anyways, I'm trying not to dwell on it but am hoping the gain slows down and I can keep it to 40 lbs or soo....haven't felt any kicks yet.. Maybe some flutters but nothing I could definitely say was baby.
Hmm this sounds familiar, about a pound of weight gain per week and I am measuring exactly six weeks ahead, hmm fascinating

Ahh good I was really hoping to have a twin buddy
Old 02-21-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Yesterday I had my first visit with our midwife and she mentioned I was measuring more like 22 wks (I'm 16!), which is impossible since I know when we conceived. She mentioned the twin word but I can't imagine thats the case since I've had no nausea or symptoms.
Will you do anything more to find out if it is twins? Or will you wait for a big surprise?

- Krista

Old 02-21-2006, 11:56 AM

OMG, you guys! don't even get me worried about twins. I would FREAK out! Really, I've barely entertained the notion. I can't even imagine. I'm not one of those people who has always thought it would be "fun" to have twins. Of course DH would be thrilled because we'd be getting "two for one" and I'd get my three kids. Yikes! I can't even think about it. I'm having a sono in a few weeks, just the anatomy scan, so we'll see.

But sling mama - weren't you really nauseaous? I really had no symptoms this time around...
Old 02-21-2006, 12:26 PM

Second appt. yesterday - 14 weeks. We got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! We'd seen it on ultrasound a few weeks ago, but *hearing* it is SO different!

And of course, uber-geek DH had to record it on his new cellphone/PDA toy. He wants to email it to his mother.

I guess everything else is going well, because the doctor gave me the once-over and then spent the rest of our time checking out DH's toy!

KC
Old 02-21-2006, 04:21 PM

Quote:
But sling mama - weren't you really nauseaous? I really had no symptoms this time around...

I had pretty much no m/s with dd, a little with this pg, and then it increased once I got the news it was twins, so maybe pyschological. My m/s still is mild compared to most singleton mamas.

I wish you the best for you!
Old 02-21-2006, 11:06 PM

I had 2nd prenatal today. DH, dd and ds came too. DS was so excited to hear the heartbeat. My uetrus is right where it should be but I'm down 2 pounds. MW said not to worry about it though just keep trying to eat a good variety of foods.

Old 02-23-2006, 01:56 PM

Not labor/delivery, really, but meeting the baby. I distinctly remember asking the date - the 22nd. I'm actually due the 18th.

It didn't really seem like a "real time and place", and I'm not the type to put too much stock in dreams anyway, so I usually wouldn't think more of this except as a point of curiosity.

Except I dreamt the baby was kind of small, and had problems nursing because of it. Now I'm wondering if I dreamt of July 22nd, instead of August.

KC
Old 02-23-2006, 05:31 PM

ugg, I had my first dream about birth two nights ago. I distinctly remember feeling defeated, like "I'm never going to get this thing out of me.." And then the baby came out and I woke up before I got to see it.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:01 PM

: : :

We had our interview Friday night, lasted about an hour. I had a couple of questions for her, but it was mostly a chance for DH to get to know her a bit and see if he could stand her.

At the end of an evening, he concluded that he *still* doesn't know why I want a doula present, doesn't really even like the idea of having one there, but that if we have to have one, I found a good one. She "goes from joking to serious quickly when appropriate, and she can put up with my sense of humor. That's about all I can ask."

So, I've got to call her to let her know our conclusion today, and fill out her paperwork to mail with the 50% payment this week.

I've got to start practicing her name. I keep calling her "the doula", and at this rate, I'm sure I'm going to forget her name during labor!

KC
Old 02-27-2006, 03:16 PM

I almost forgot to ask - has anyone else started getting BH contrax?

I had *very* few of them with DD, and not until the third tri, I'm sure. But there's no doubt I've two fairly strong ones this weekend.

I think I read somewhere that "you might feel your belly tightening with a contraction this month" - can anyone else confirm this to be normal?

I can't really think one contrax a day (one Sat and one Sun) is anything to worry about. What do you think?

Oh, I did warn DH that I'd had them. Along the lines of "not to worry or anything, but I've had a couple of BH contrax. The books say it's normal, so if I comment on having one, you don't have to panic." Without the forewarning, I can just see him rushing me off to the ER the moment he heard the word "contraction"!

KC
Old 02-27-2006, 03:32 PM

Had an appt. today. I am up 6 pounds, wowza I don't know how that happened I barely have an appetite! Measuring 20 weeks now so about 5 weeks ahead. I thought my BP was a little high, 130 over 70. And usually I am 100, but they didn't say anything so I guess it isn't a big deal?

Other than that I am still not thrilled with my OB but haven't decided if I wanted to switch yet...

Oh and we heard heartbeats, one in the 140's and one in the 150's.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:35 PM

Well, I guess i'm officially in the second trimester now -- I have energy, feel like myself again and feel the need to clean all the spots and dust bunnies i've been apathetically eyeing for the past two months. And no more nausea! I'm actually wanting to eat fruits and veggies again, so i'm just thrilled and had a fabulous time at the grocery store this weekend.

I also went on a little maternity shopping spree-- all on sale-- and got stretchy, swishy skirts and work-friendly tanks and a pair of Target khakis so comfy that i was afraid my boss would send me home for wearing pajamas to work. And I got a pedicure today, so sandals will be coming back into rotation. Yay for spring!

Of course, hideous indigestion has replaced constipation as the daily hurdle, and the sneeze'n'pee is also posing new problems. Pregnancy is so fun!

I only wish I knew more "live" pregnant women in my area. I don't know a single one. All my friends are over 50. And i'm shy as heck. Ugh.

Edit / Forgot the funniest part. Went to Macy's to have a professional bra fitting... and i'm apparently at 36DD (!!!) right now. I've spent most of my life wearing 36B, so I feel extremely.... ebullient. Woohoo!
Old 02-28-2006, 12:58 AM

I've been having BH contractions since about 9 weeks! Not often but for sure every day. It's no biggie unless they are coming often. Sometimes you get more if you have a full bladder or are dehydrated.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:45 PM

magpiedee, yep I feel exactly the same! 17 weeks & I've finally stop puking & have SO MUCH more energy!

Has anyone else noticed the joy of "pregnant sex" kicking in? Right up until last week or so, the thought of any pressure against my body was very unpleasant & it has been quite a drought. But I'm back in the game! Something has definitely changed & I have a feeling there will be no rest for DH for quite some time!!!

It's just amazing how you can go from feeling so bad to so good over the course of a couple of weeks.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:10 PM

Hey Autumnfaery & Malaya- I am taking one class this semester, but am planning on BEGINNING a 2 year RN program in late Aug/early Sept right AFTER birthin our August baby (same thing, I can't take a semester off or anything). I think the time away & work load will be doable (2 eves & Sta & Sun morning each week), will DH will be w/ baby. But I'm really worried about starting it so soon after the birth.

I wonder if I might be able to bring baby w/ me to the evening classes (not to the weekend clinicals)?

User Tag List