***Chit chat thread for February*** - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 90 Old 02-01-2006, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy February! What are you all doing (or going to do) to celebrate the beginning of our second trimester? I still can't believe it that I've made it so far. I might do something simple to celebrate like by a new pair of sweatpants to accomodate my slowly expanding waist line. DH and I are also going to sit on a beach in Thailand in two weeks.
#2 of 90 Old 02-01-2006, 11:44 AM

Well, I'll probably just eat! Now that m/s is gone - I actually feel like eating! I'll be going to Estes Park pretty soon to celebrate my ten year anniversary with dh. It's no Thailand, but it'll be fun!
#3 of 90 Old 02-01-2006, 11:48 AM

My 5th anniversary is on the 3rd so we're taking this weekend to celebrate an evening away at a hotel - it'll be a blessing. I'm still not into the 2nd trimester (2.5 more weeks since I'm at the end of Aug.) and I'm still feeling like poop on a log (siiiiiiigh!), but I'm planning to buy some maternity transitional clothes from Blue Canoe and that'll be a treat. I'd like to eat, sleep, live and be in my body without feeling awful... I keep hoping it's soon.
~Julie

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#4 of 90 Old 02-01-2006, 12:14 PM

My husband and I are planning a babymoon for the 2nd trimester. He wants the beach, and I want a cabin in the mountains.........so it looks like there will be some compromising! Any recommendations for places in the mid-Atlantic or Northeast area.
#5 of 90 Old 02-01-2006, 12:24 PM

I'm still too confused by days, weeks and trimesters to even know when my 2nd trimester starts. Is it 14 weeks after LMP or 12 weeks? Or is it when the baby measures at 14 weeks? Or is it simply when I'm not exhausted for every moment of every day? I'm just glad to be slowly getting rounder and to finally crave a cheeseburger.

I suspect that in the next month i'll celebrate by trying on my new maternity clothes when they arrive in the mail, watching my belly get bigger, eating my favorite red velvet cake and just enjoying the heck out of pregnancy.
#6 of 90 Old 02-01-2006, 01:03 PM

No great month planned, but I am so excited to be out of the 1st tri and can't wait to get back to the gym! M/s and fatigue basically have put me in and never-ending eating and napping marathon!

DH and I do have plans to have a date-night this month sometime. Hopefully next week, since his work schedule will let up a bit then.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#7 of 90 Old 02-01-2006, 01:39 PM

Our only plans this month are moving. We're moving mid-Feb into military housing. We get a bigger place because of the new addition.
#8 of 90 Old 02-01-2006, 01:50 PM

A much overdue coast camping trip. I don't even care how much it rains, it will just be so nice to stare at the waves from the car window and to eat out at all the yummy seafood restaurants! That is, if i can stomach the seafood!

I'm looking forward to sharing the news. We haven't told all that many people yet, so it will be fun to let all our friends in on our little secret.
#9 of 90 Old 02-01-2006, 02:54 PM

Well, we're going to Hawaii at the end of the month, but we were going to do that before ending up pregnant because my husband has to go for work.
Otherwise, we have no special plans.
My mother is having chemo & radiation in a few weeks, and my friend down the street who was pregnant just had an ectopic, so I think I have enough to worry about. I don't want any extra surprises.

- krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#10 of 90 Old 02-02-2006, 12:18 AM

We're going to get married!! We're going to run off to a justice of the peace Friday and then have a big party in May. A good way to ring in the second trimester
#11 of 90 Old 02-02-2006, 03:15 AM

I (in all my wisdom) signed up for a medical assistant program and I will now be in school every Mon-Thur night from 6-11. I am so crazy. I just kind of freaked because we just moved to a city where I make squat for a living. Then I found out that I was pregnant. So I decided that eight months (with a break to have the baby) of school would fit nicely into my future. I am kind of excited though, I like being busy and this will give me something to focus on other than feeling crummy.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#12 of 90 Old 02-02-2006, 11:00 AM

Hi everyone
I'l do a quick (hopefully) intro here:
I'm due with #3 around 15 Aug but of a shocker as dd is just going to be one Monday Right now I'm seeing the midwives at the birthcenter where I had dd but I'm going to be looking into a hb soon. DH still isn't sold on the idea though.
I had my first prenatal last week and got to hear the heart beat which was quite a surprise because I thought I was going to be due end of Aug/beg of Sept. So I've been I've been feeling some flutters for the past 3 days which is really odd feeling. I took the pg test right before new years and with my ds and dd I took the test with-in a week of being "late" so I had ome time to adjust before it all became real. Lets just hope the rest of the pg goea by as quickly.

So how's everyone feeling about Aug babies? I had a 1 June and then Feb and the Feb was sooo much nicer than June (pg not dc ) and I am NOT looking forward to those long hot months

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#13 of 90 Old 02-02-2006, 11:28 AM

2nd trimester is actually the most stressful time for me because of my incompetent cervix. I was excited to realize that I've graduated, though. I need to find my maternity clothes in storage and get the rest from the sil that I loaned them to.

It's hard because I'm pretty nervous about doing anything. On one hand I think I could probably do more but I'm worried that will cause problems. I felt pretty good on Monday and Tuesday and had started to do a few things but Tuesday night and yesterday I felt pretty crappy. Crampiness had returned and now I have the sensation of needing to have a bowel movement all the time. I know it's not constipation since Im very regular and it's always soft (sorry for TMI). Anyway, the pressure worries me a bit so I think I'll call the DR today and see what he thinks. With pg #4 the baby dropped and engaged at 22 weeks so it's not unusual for things to happen very early for me. This is just much earlier than ever before.

I'm tired of the bed after spending nearly two weeks there but if thats what it takes to get a full term baby thats what I will be doing. I just need to get some new things to do. I'm going to get my Mom to pick up some more yarn today so I can do some more knitting (anyone have some fun easy knitting/crocheting patterns I could do?), dh picked up a new crossword puzzle book last night and even got a couple of new movies for me to watch. I will also have a change of scenery today since I will be spending it at my Mom's. So, hopefully, this will get me through the next week or so.

Anyway, sorry to dump on all of you. I know there aren't a whole lot here that understand what I'm going through but at least you will all know who to turn to if preterm labor starts to rear its ugly head with any of you.
#14 of 90 Old 02-02-2006, 12:33 PM

nfbmom... well, we may not understand but we can empathize with you. It sounds awfully difficult to stay laying down or chilled WAY out like that - and to worry all the time. Yikes. Hope the rest of your pg goes smoothly without a hitch.

Azreial, I'm actually looking forward to the summer months... I love the warmth and I was in crazy school this past summer and I missed it all (literally). My sister (who is due 2 days before me) will be off work (she teaches) so that will be SO nice to hang together. I had a July baby and a Jan. baby and I liked feeling more comfortable with the Jan. baby (no swelling) but I had pre-eclampsia with my first so that makes a difference. I plan on being low key this summer.

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#15 of 90 Old 02-02-2006, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesamin
We're going to get married!! We're going to run off to a justice of the peace Friday and then have a big party in May. A good way to ring in the second trimester
Congratulations jesamin! Enjoy your special day!
#16 of 90 Old 02-02-2006, 04:27 PM

Hopefully we will celebrate by getting WELL!
I have been sick since last Tuesday and then DH got it. I went to the Dr Friday and he said i had laryngitis. I was SO SICK. I cried myself to sleep (i can laugh now) Now DS is sick. Poor baby.
So now we are all snotty, coughing, hoarse, etc..
So hopefully by the beginning of next week we will all be better.

Have fun everyone with your trips and exciting plans! I am jealous!

Amy
#17 of 90 Old 02-02-2006, 05:17 PM

Jesamin~ Congratulations on getting married! My dh and I eloped on Valentine's Day 11 years ago! February is a great month for an anniversary with all the hearts and flowers in the stores dh never forgets!

nfbmom~ I can completely empathize on bedrest! I was on bedrest from 20-28w with my last pg. I had an accident that caused a placental abruption and tons of contractions. www.sidelines.org was lot of support during that time. I did a ton of photo organizing and reading to my kids then too.

amybw~Hope your family is well soon!

I won't be in the 2nd trimester until the 20th, I really hope m/s goes away by then! My last baby was born 30 Aug so I am not looking forward to another summer pg! My other kids were born in January, March, April and May. Summers are SO hot here! by August 105+ is the norm. We installed an inground pool last fall so I should be able to cool off this summer. At least I am set in the summer maternity wear department, that probably won't stop me from buying something cute when I am tired of my old clothes though.

Have a great day ladies!
Sarah
#18 of 90 Old 02-02-2006, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peilover010202
M/s and fatigue basically have put me in and never-ending eating and napping marathon!
I know exactly how you feel. I feel like my second tri will NEVER come!!!

jesamin~ congrats on your marriage!!!
#19 of 90 Old 02-02-2006, 10:06 PM

Melaya - I'm in school, too! We can moan and complain together! I have six hours. I'm taking Music History II and Finite Mathematics. The math I'm a little concerned about since I haven't had math in 14 years! Yikes. OH well. Dh is a math whiz and available for tutoring!
#20 of 90 Old 02-03-2006, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickin
My husband and I are planning a babymoon for the 2nd trimester. He wants the beach, and I want a cabin in the mountains.........so it looks like there will be some compromising! Any recommendations for places in the mid-Atlantic or Northeast area.

Check out Block ISland or Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard. Much cheaper this time of year ...Block ISland is really secluded and you have to get there by ferry. But still surrounded by beach
#21 of 90 Old 02-03-2006, 11:31 AM

Thanks for the congratulations guys...today's the big day!!! Dd had me up nursing all night long and is now crashed out on the bed for a VERY early nap. I'm actually glad because it means I can get ready uninterupted. Hope everyone is feeling well today!
#22 of 90 Old 02-03-2006, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoMama
Melaya - I'm in school, too! We can moan and complain together!
Me too girls! Right now I'm a full time student. After this semester, I'll still have 16.5 credit hours to take to graduate with a bachelor's of fine arts in interior design, and that's a huge load for my school, it's super tough. I'm going to have to take two classes with a newborn next semester just to stay on schedule...

Oh well, at least someone understands.
#23 of 90 Old 02-03-2006, 11:41 PM

Another student here. I'm a f/t nursing student in a 2 year RN program. I'm in my 2nd semester (only 2 to go!). It's a lot of work, but I'm really enjoying it. The only unfortunate thing is that the baby is due a week before my 3rd semester starts, and due to the nature of the program, there is no p/t option, and sitting out a semester isn't a good idea. There's no guarantee that you can get back in, and it'd be awhile of you did. You lose so much by doing that. SO, I'll be trying to juggle f/t school, 3 kids and a newborn almost immediately after giving birth. I'm hoping a go a couple weeks early again (all of mine have been early). It'll buy me little extra time anyway.
#24 of 90 Old 02-04-2006, 12:20 PM

I have some sort of nasty chest cold Its hard to breath and today is my dh's day to work I'm trying to take is easy until he comes home. Yesterday I took the day off of work and he took care of me all day it was nice

DD is walking the chihuahua around the house with his leash, so thinks she's super cool I think I'm going to have dh take me to the hfs when he gets home

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#25 of 90 Old 02-04-2006, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Another student here. I'm a f/t nursing student in a 2 year RN program. I'm in my 2nd semester (only 2 to go!). It's a lot of work, but I'm really enjoying it. The only unfortunate thing is that the baby is due a week before my 3rd semester starts, and due to the nature of the program, there is no p/t option, and sitting out a semester isn't a good idea. There's no guarantee that you can get back in, and it'd be awhile of you did. You lose so much by doing that. SO, I'll be trying to juggle f/t school, 3 kids and a newborn almost immediately after giving birth. I'm hoping a go a couple weeks early again (all of mine have been early). It'll buy me little extra time anyway.
I was a full time college student when I had dd. I was back in class three days after having her. It was rough sitting there with my engorged boobs and my sore privates. It was also rough leaving her alone with her dad (first time dad). But they did great and our nursing relationship did ok to. It's kind of easier when they're brand new because they sleep all the time anyway. School really starts to get hard when seperation anxiety kicks in (it's one reason why I didn't finish). Be careful though, I did way too much too soon and ended up bleeding really heavy for like two months after delivering her. Good luck and I hope you have the baby early so you get that extra time.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#26 of 90 Old 02-04-2006, 04:39 PM

jesamin- congrats on the marriage! How did everything go?

Azreial- Hope you feel better soon!

Oh I am oh so looking forward to the second trimester! I am already starting to feel so much better, getting an appetite back, yay! Still tired but maybe a tad less than I was... We were going to take a babymoon too but with the news of the twins if we want to go we really have to go sooner than later and we have nothing booked or planned, yet, and we just can't decided where to go or what to do, hmmm. I like the idea of an all inclusive or a cruise. Basically somewhere where I can swim and gorge myself 24/7 haha.
#27 of 90 Old 02-05-2006, 12:31 AM

It went very well!! It turned out to be a beautiful day, dd was an angel all day and I had a great time. We're going to do the whole family/friends big party thing in a few months, so this was nice with just our little family and a few of my best friends. And now I'm a wife!!! And no nausea all day (thanks baby)!!
#28 of 90 Old 02-05-2006, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingWearin'Mama
... We were going to take a babymoon too but with the news of the twins if we want to go we really have to go sooner than later and we have nothing booked or planned, yet, and we just can't decided where to go or what to do, hmmm.
I've learned that cheaptickets.com is the cheapest place to buy tickets, ect. I'm a major bargain shopper when it comes to vacations. I've tried all of em- travelocity, expedia, ect... I recently bought my airline tickets and hotel for nyc there and got a great deal.

good luck
#29 of 90 Old 02-06-2006, 04:58 PM

I'm another student. I'll be taking off Fall semester however. I need to look into taking a leave of absence then.
#30 of 90 Old 02-09-2006, 09:27 AM

Had my midwife appointment yesterday. Measuring right on for 12 weeks, which is odd since I've measured small during the first half of my other pregnancies, even though I went on to have big babies....couple that with the extreme morning sickness and tiredness....and my midwife thinks I should go get the basic pregnancy blood tests (iron levels, etc.) at my OB/GYN and add on a quantitative HCG to rule out twins
But I had a dream last night that I was giving myself an ultrasound and only found one baby...
I'm going to call the OB office and see what the blood tests would cost, since we recently lost our insurance, and decide from there! (I would sort of like to know all my blood levels are healthy and I'm not anemic or something since I skipped all that stuff during my second pregnancy.)

And I got to meet my midwife's new little 7 month old baby, who is just the cutest little guy ever!! And to think she has 4 older kids (3 of them girls) who help her all day since she homeschools, the youngest of whom is 10 years old! They actually argue over who gets to hold him and change his diapers!

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page