***Chit chat thread for April*** - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 151 Old 04-19-2006, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love Lost. Stupid rerun tonight.

My partner finally felt the baby kick. I could feel her kick from the outside for a long time, but every time he would try to feel, the baby would stop kicking. Very frustrating.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#122 of 151 Old 04-19-2006, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa

My partner finally felt the baby kick. I could feel her kick from the outside for a long time, but every time he would try to feel, the baby would stop kicking. Very frustrating.
Yeah, this baby is NOT into impressing Dada. My husband still hasn't felt much. But it loves to show off for its brothers! And it loves to keep me awake!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#123 of 151 Old 04-19-2006, 12:08 PM

Quote:
The biggest reason I hate Lost reruns...my husband stays at work really late. But if it's a new episode he'll come home by 7pm. Grrr...

All I can say is, Finally, we get to know where Michael went off to! And what he saw! And maybe what's up with Walt!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#124 of 151 Old 04-19-2006, 12:11 PM

You know, i've been thinking... there is some crazy hardwiring to the mammalian brain as relates to pregnancy. For example:

1. A small thing is poking me from the inside. Every now and then I have a flash of panic, like when you discover that that excitingly juicy scab is really a tick, and your whole body screams "GET IT OFF ME!!!" If i'm not thinking, I get a little flash of that when tadpole kicks especially hard. And yet there's something even stronger that makes me want to protect the ebullient little kicker inside. Must've been weird for cave people!

2. Even when i'm mad at my husband, I still have instincts to love him and adore him and apologize quickly, to remain on his good side. Sort of a "don't leave me, keep bringing home the bacon" feeling. I imagine that's how our ancestors must have been-- they needed the protection and food delivery service of their mates and males and had to swallow down the irritation.

3. When i'm tired or overworked or stressed, I just shut down. There's an overriding feeling that nothing is as important as what i'm doing inside, and for the first time in my life, I absolutely do not care if I leave work early, have not worked every hour alotted to me (i'm part-time) or have not finished every "to do" on my list. Doesn't matter. Not as important.

It's very interesting to notice these changes. Hormones are crazy!
#125 of 151 Old 04-19-2006, 12:11 PM

I'm actually kind of glad it is a rerun tonight because I have a bf volunteer meeting.

#126 of 151 Old 04-19-2006, 02:03 PM

This is how bad it is... this morning was supposed to be my first LLL meeting! I've heard about how wonderful the leader is & was super excited. Though it's on my calender, it never even crossed my mind this morning (looking at my calender never crossed my mind either!).

I WAS SITTING IN FRONT OF MY COMPUTER ON MDC DURING THE ENTIRE MEETING!
#127 of 151 Old 04-20-2006, 12:14 AM

I just have to vent for a moment...

I HATE HOUSE HUNTING! I hate it even more when we have to drive 4 hours to see the houses and nothing comes of it! I hate when people aren't honest with their listings, when they price things way higher than the house is worth and ()*()*)#(**&%&*&%$&*.

Thank you.
#128 of 151 Old 04-20-2006, 11:19 AM

I'll see your house hunting frustration (been there) and raise you a gas prices vent: Gas in West Michigan is now over $3 a gallon. It's only April!!!!!!!
#129 of 151 Old 04-20-2006, 11:48 AM

1.06/litre here, and there are four litres to a gallon.

#130 of 151 Old 04-20-2006, 11:52 AM

Boy, I sure am glad that the US gas companies posted the highest profits EVER in the history of our country in 2005. Phew! Hooray for free enterprise!
#131 of 151 Old 04-20-2006, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiogirlgr
I'll see your house hunting frustration (been there) and raise you a gas prices vent: Gas in West Michigan is now over $3 a gallon. It's only April!!!!!!!
I don't even want to think about it. I live over by Lk MI (about an hr from GR). It dropped to $2.72 for Easter now the highest I saw it today was $2.89. I think I'm going to turn into a hermit for the summer. It is crazy that they are charging so much.
#132 of 151 Old 04-20-2006, 10:56 PM

Quote:
1.06/litre here, and there are four litres to a gallon.
wow where are you? Here it has hit $1.16 a litre

tara
#133 of 151 Old 04-20-2006, 11:04 PM

K-W, On. We're moving back to Hamilton, where it is still hovering just below a dollar.

#134 of 151 Old 04-24-2006, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesamin
I just have to vent for a moment...

I HATE HOUSE HUNTING! I hate it even more when we have to drive 4 hours to see the houses and nothing comes of it! I hate when people aren't honest with their listings, when they price things way higher than the house is worth and ()*()*)#(**&%&*&%$&*.

Thank you.
buy a dump in a nice area. fix it up. it's the only way to get your money's worth. we are closing on our dump in june, and HOPEFULLY it's fixed up by the time baby comes, or else we're staying with good ol' mom and dad (EEEK!) until it is ready. I really hope that doesn't happen, because I do not feel like being told how to "correctly" care for my newborn every day by my dear mother, though I love her, sometimes I wish she would just shut up. She hasn't been pregnant since the 80's, HOW could she possible still be so knowledgable on the subject??
#135 of 151 Old 04-24-2006, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_angels
buy a dump in a nice area. fix it up. it's the only way to get your money's worth. we are closing on our dump in june, and HOPEFULLY it's fixed up by the time baby comes, or else we're staying with good ol' mom and dad (EEEK!) until it is ready. I really hope that doesn't happen, because I do not feel like being told how to "correctly" care for my newborn every day by my dear mother, though I love her, sometimes I wish she would just shut up. She hasn't been pregnant since the 80's, HOW could she possible still be so knowledgable on the subject??
EXACTLY. My MIL makes all sorts of comments about our discipline style with ds and I just want to say "Well, times have changed since you raised a child."

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#136 of 151 Old 04-26-2006, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

hi! who is only sleeping on their left side? of all the pregnancy advice i've been given, it is the most restrictive unpleasant totally unrealistic.

i just can't get comfortable. how are all of you sleeping????

is anyone using one of those body pillows?
#137 of 151 Old 04-26-2006, 12:36 PM

I am still sleeping on my belly with a body pillow.

#138 of 151 Old 04-26-2006, 12:59 PM

I am trying to sleep mostly on my left side, but I have found a correlation between my comfy king-size mattress and my coccyx pain, so I have been sleeping with my daughters on a firmer queen size bed....now THAT'S a good time, lemme tell ya.
#139 of 151 Old 04-26-2006, 01:26 PM

I sleep on my right side MOST everynight, but usually sleep on left side or belly for a portion of time each night, but I sleep best on my right side

Oh, and I sleep with a pillow between my legs right now. I save the body pillow for when I'm miserably big because dh HATES it

#140 of 151 Old 04-26-2006, 01:32 PM

my left side is most comfortable, I get horrid sciatic nerve pain on my right side (unless I am mainly on my stomach propped). That said most mornings I wake on my back even with pillows on both sides to prevent that

tara
#141 of 151 Old 04-26-2006, 01:43 PM

I have a body pillow...that I use to help me sleep on my stomach : I use that and bring one leg up to keep all my weight off my stomach, it's a weird position but comfortable for a little bit.

Of course last night was an awful one and I had to sleep sitting straight up. My daughter slept with her head against my leg (picture a T shape) and my husband, well, he slept on the couch We NEED a bigger bed!!
#142 of 151 Old 04-26-2006, 03:07 PM

I have always been a back/corpse sleeper, but now I start out on my right and wake up on my left.

When I wake up to pee/take medicine/avoid nightmares, I go back to sleep on my back, like it's a little secret that doesn't count since nobody knows but me and tadpole. And she kicks me for it, too, but that's kinda comforting in the dark of the night.
#143 of 151 Old 04-27-2006, 09:24 AM

Has anybody else tried to hang out on the Nutrition Board? I tried it, and now i'm scared. It appears all food is poison.
#144 of 151 Old 04-27-2006, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

I've never hung out on the nutrition board, but there is a lot of things wrong with our food system. My family just had an amazing experience on why you can't be perfect. We decided to buy some organic chocolate bars with high cocoa content, low sugar content. The company is hq'd in our state. So, we patted ourselves on the back for buying local. A few weeks ago the company announced that the chocolate we had been eating had extremely high doses of LEAD in them.

My family is fairly obsessed about nutrition and we couldn't avoid toxins. Anyhow, my advice when dealing with food stuff is do the best you can and don't stress about the rest.
#145 of 151 Old 04-27-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee
Has anybody else tried to hang out on the Nutrition Board? I tried it, and now i'm scared. It appears all food is poison.
I love the nutrition board! I've really come a long way over the years and I think eating healthier is a process. To me, I know what is important to avoid and what is reasonable cost-wise for us.

I don't feel bad that I can't afford to buy organic, but there are some things that MUST be organic in my home (milk, for example).

Don't get scared about going over there. It's fun and some of the recipes (okay most) are awesome!

#146 of 151 Old 04-30-2006, 02:52 PM

Hey, I'm surprised there isn't a January 2007 due date club yet!?!

#147 of 151 Old 04-30-2006, 07:49 PM

I don't know how you guys can stand to lie on your stomach at all... my uterus is so sensitive!!! I was a side sleeper before I got pg, so that's no biggy for me. The most important thing is to listen to your body... you'll feel dizzy & uncomfortable lying on your back once you're too big. I wonder how much better the circulation is lying on L side than R? I can't imagine it would make a HUGE difference.
#148 of 151 Old 05-01-2006, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

I just got my boppy pregnancy wedge pillow. It's my first pregnancy gadget. I must admit that I LOVE IT. It makes sleeping on my side so much more comfortable.

Every health care practitioner I've talked to says that it is better to sleep on the left. How much better? Noone knows. Is it worth it? Not if I can't fall or stay asleep.
#149 of 151 Old 05-01-2006, 09:34 AM

I cant sleep on my stomach pregnant or not, and by the second trimester laying on my back for more than a minute is extremely uncomfortable. Sleep is just this big task now.

#150 of 151 Old 05-02-2006, 04:16 PM

Hey, if anybody is still jonesing for cute, cheap maternity clothes, I saw some really cute stuff at Wal-Mart the other day. (I know, I know... ) I got an adorable little flowery peasant shirt for $11 and a great little tie-front bolero jacket ffor $12, which is great, because I'm not allowed to wear tank tops to work and it covers my shoulders and looks adorable. I did have to sew up a little "keyhole" opening in the shirt, because it made a big ugly bra gap, but it is so light and breezy and cozy. They also had lots of drawstring and elastic-waist peasant skirts and tunics and elastic-waist goucho pants.

And www.oldnavy.com has the cutest maternity swimsuits i've seen so far. I'll report on the fit of the actually suit tomorrow...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page