Confessions of a Pregnant Lady - Page 10 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#271 of 282 Old 07-24-2006, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've quit working out too. It's too hot. And I'm too lazy lately.

~Robyn mama to
James, Sean, Christopher, and Michael~

#272 of 282 Old 07-24-2006, 01:07 PM

Count me in on the no more working out wagon...I'm just soooo exhausted after a little bit of housework or walking the dog that a workout seems overwhelming. And in this heat! Geesh! I'm on a cold diet...anything cold, regardless of nutritional content!
#273 of 282 Old 07-24-2006, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, I'm so glad that someone resurrected this! I was thinking of starting a new one...

-My appetite has decreased in the last 2 weeks as well. I try to eat well when I can, but it doesn't always happen... I'm thinking Taco Bell for lunch...

-I went to a family birthday party yesterday (for my mom, dad, and me too!) and ate well at dinner, but had some raspberry AND lemon meringue pie for dessert

-I also had a small glass of crappy chardonnay

-I picked up DS yesterday, cleaned the kitchen, did three loads of wash, and carried it all up and down 2 flights of stairs-a big no no since 18 weeks. Basically, I wear myself out lately.

-I keep putting furniture and baby gear into the nursery but really haven't done anything to actually clean or organize it

-I actually felt a little miffed at my mother yesterday because the birthday gifts she bought me were all for the baby, not for me. I guess I feel like 'Hey, I'm a person too!' I guess I'll buy something for me next time her birthday rolls around. Very selfish, I know. LOL! Hormones.

-I threw DH out of the bedroom last week for farting. He stunk.

-I have basically written off sex. Poor DH. Maybe I should learn to live with his gas. LOL!

I guess that's it for now...
Happy Monday ladies!

Megan
#274 of 282 Old 07-24-2006, 01:26 PM

I also have quit working out. I wanted to be one of those "I worked out until I went into labor" kinda people but these days getting out of bed is workout enough

I have been so sick the past week that all I have been eating is diluted apple juice and small bites of whatever food happens to sound ok

sex??? whats that??? I had great intentions of going everyday to get labor started but the thought of finding a comfortable position and a place in the house where there are no other peole just seems to tiring, I would rather go to bed and read a book.

mmmmm taco bell, if there was one anywhere even remotely close I would so be there. thankfully there is nothing close to here at all so I have to eat somewhat healthy, but I would kill for fries right now

tara
#275 of 282 Old 07-24-2006, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiogirlgr

-I threw DH out of the bedroom last week for farting. He stunk.

-I have basically written off sex. Poor DH. Maybe I should learn to live with his gas. LOL!
: OMg, this is too funny! Poor dh already moans and says, it'll be 10 more months before he gets laid again. I feel for him, because even though that's a huge exaggeration, I SO remember being terrified to GIO after ds was born.

And, boy, how do those early pregnancy symptoms rear their ugly little heads again this late? Increased sensitivity to smell for sure. I told dh the other night that he was rank and to leave me alone. : Good thing he's such an understanding husband!

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#276 of 282 Old 07-24-2006, 02:39 PM

Heck, working out nothing...I couldn't even make myself keep working, and I have a desk job! In my defense though, I have some kind of problem with my ribs and it makes sitting up for any length of time pretty painful. But still...

I am working from home a bit though.

I am not eating enough, and I know it. It's hot, I'm tired all the time, and nothing except junk sounds good. Thank goodness my mom is going to make us a handful of meals for this week, if I don't have to cook maybe I'll actually eat.

The baby's room is still a disaster area, and I don't care. He has a place to sleep, boobs to eat from, diapers and some clothes. And thanks to my shower yesterday, a car seat and some toys. DH can finish cleaning out his room while he's on paternity leave.

Poor DH...yep, he's not getting much either. It's just such a freaking production now, too much effort. I do force myself every once in a while because I know it's good for both of us...but boy do I miss it being easy!

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#277 of 282 Old 07-24-2006, 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=rebeccalizzie]Heck, working out nothing...I couldn't even make myself keep working, and I have a desk job! In my defense though, I have some kind of problem with my ribs and it makes sitting up for any length of time pretty painful. But still...[QUOTE]

Did they figure out exactly what the problem was with your ribs?

I feel your pain with working. I'm getting so uncomfortable sitting at my desk all day. dh keeps telling me to bring my birth ball in - and I know my back would be far less achey if I did it - but I just cannot bring myself to do it. this is my last week working FT anyway. Next week, I'll just be coming in for an hour here and there so my mat leave doesn't "officially" start until the week of my edd. And, if I'm still pregnant then, I'll work a bit into the following week too.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#278 of 282 Old 07-24-2006, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, I have NO motivation for work. None. I think I will stop somewhere around August 10-depending. I just can't do it much longer....
#279 of 282 Old 07-24-2006, 05:14 PM

you mean you guys actually worked out???? i consider my ds and housework my "excerise" for my pg. its hard enough most days just to get stuff done...bending over to pick up toys is hard.

my appetite is still the same...not high for what i thought i remembered it being. junk food is easier than cooking but i DO cook a good meal for the family 5 days a week....and force myself to eat it (not hungry usually by that time of day but its the healthiest food i eat!!).
#280 of 282 Old 07-24-2006, 06:10 PM

I'm still working, too, but hating every moment of it. I work both 8 hour days and 24 hour shifts, and those 24s are killing me.

I'm dreaming of making up some sort of medical excuse to stop working.... I keep trying to invent something. LOL
#281 of 282 Old 07-24-2006, 06:23 PM

[QUOTE=peilover010202][QUOTE=rebeccalizzie]Heck, working out nothing...I couldn't even make myself keep working, and I have a desk job! In my defense though, I have some kind of problem with my ribs and it makes sitting up for any length of time pretty painful. But still...
Quote:

Did they figure out exactly what the problem was with your ribs?

I feel your pain with working. I'm getting so uncomfortable sitting at my desk all day. dh keeps telling me to bring my birth ball in - and I know my back would be far less achey if I did it - but I just cannot bring myself to do it. this is my last week working FT anyway. Next week, I'll just be coming in for an hour here and there so my mat leave doesn't "officially" start until the week of my edd. And, if I'm still pregnant then, I'll work a bit into the following week too.
No, the doctor thinks I have costochondritis, which is an inflammation of the muscles and tissues between my ribs. And possibly a stress fracture as a result of the swelling, but he can't really test me for either one because he can't do x rays. And I'm off the ibuprofen and he doesn't want to do steroids unless the pain is unbearable, so he put me on partial bedrest to see if that helps. I'm glad he's not rushing to prescribe a bunch of stuff!

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#282 of 282 Old 07-24-2006, 06:25 PM

I hate going to work, and am considering taking time off -- If only I knew when the baby was coming. I don't want to end up short on time off and then have a week or two left over until the baby comes (if he/she is late). The worst is the hour drive in San Diego traffic. Ugh. The only good thing about work is that it's air conditioned. Right now my house is... 83 degrees. It's cooler today than yesterday, at least. DH is in the process of installing ceiling fans, and will hopefully finish up when he gets home from work.

My boss said his wife worked a full 8 hours the day she delivered their son. She was a week late, too. How did she do it?

The only working out I've been doing is swimming. Not so much to exercise but to cool off!

~ Amber

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page