Confessions of a Pregnant Lady - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 282 Old 04-12-2006, 12:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm with you, rebecca. The least people that see me all spread out and exposed and in pain, the better. I am baffled by the women who actually have the whole ordeal video recorded. Not me, too shy.

Me too. I'd rather give birth alone than have anyone around. Is this weird?
I try to walk everyday but I eat what ever I want too. I eat out at least once a week. I forget the prenatals too.

Me : DD 5/05: DS1 7/06 : DS2 11/07: DS3 3/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 282 Old 04-12-2006, 01:49 AM

Ohhhhhhh, what a great thread.
Let's see:
- I take a nap every afternoon, while ds has quiet time, and quite frankly, he's usually just waiting for me to wake up

-sometimes he watches a video while I pass out on the couch

-haven't given up a cuppa joe this time around

-get grumpy really, really fast, and have a really, really, really hard time letting go of what ever it is that pissed me off, and it is usually something ds did. So I've really got a lot of guilt right now!!!!!!!

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
#63 of 282 Old 04-12-2006, 12:07 PM

My latest confessions:

found out that the wombling is a girl and despite the fact that I told everyone I didn't care I was actually dissapointed. I can't believe it but I wanted another boy. I feel terrible about this. How can I be dissapointed about a healthy baby?!?!
#64 of 282 Old 04-12-2006, 12:09 PM

I felt the same way ibex, only with the other gender. I wanted another girl so bad, and it looks like this may be a boy. It is actually pretty common, but no one wants to talk about it. I've felt a lot better since someone told me it is okay to grieve the loss of what I had been expecting or picturing.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#65 of 282 Old 04-12-2006, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa
I felt the same way ibex, only with the other gender. I wanted another girl so bad, and it looks like this may be a boy. It is actually pretty common, but no one wants to talk about it. I've felt a lot better since someone told me it is okay to grieve the loss of what I had been expecting or picturing.
This is helpful to hear. I think you are right. Rather than avoiding the feeling, I need to really look at it. Feel it and reflect on it.

Thanks.
#66 of 282 Old 04-12-2006, 12:19 PM

I have to be honest...if the sonogram tech turns out to be wrong and what I've been picturing as a baby girl turns out to be a boy, I will be terribly disappointed. I told everyone I was fine if it was a boy, convinced myself it WAS a boy (I think so I would be fine with it, does that make sense?) but I really, really wanted another girl. I don't think it means you'll love your child any less or you'll be disappointed when you meet them...I agree with the_lissa, it's ok and perfectly normal to grieve the loss of what you had in mind.
#67 of 282 Old 04-12-2006, 05:12 PM

great thread!!!!

most of mine have been mentioned

-DD watching too much TV
-the fast food cravings
-the girl scout cookies I have been eating like they are going out of style
-showering every few days because I can't seem to find the time to have one alone
-major procrastnating

I am sure there is more too

tara
#68 of 282 Old 04-12-2006, 05:32 PM

one more to add:
- I am secretly a little bit jealous that my boyfriend got his way and we're having a boy. I love the little guy though so I feel bad admitting this.
#69 of 282 Old 04-13-2006, 02:56 PM

I painted my toenails...I opened the bathroom window and turned on the fan, but I still got a pretty good dose of fumes for a few minutes...
What can I do? I NEED to have painted toenails

Also indulging in easter chocolate candy even though I don't celebrate easter. I can appreciate any holiday that involves chocolate though!!
#70 of 282 Old 04-13-2006, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAtThis
I painted my toenails...I opened the bathroom window and turned on the fan, but I still got a pretty good dose of fumes for a few minutes...
What can I do? I NEED to have painted toenails

Also indulging in easter chocolate candy even though I don't celebrate easter. I can appreciate any holiday that involves chocolate though!!
Wait - I just painted my toemails without any ventilation. I didn't even think about it.

Oh, and I bleached the grout on the kitchen floor last weekend - and was a bit overtaken by fumes! I'll re-think that decision the next time

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#71 of 282 Old 04-13-2006, 10:41 PM

~ um, until I read this thread, I completely forgot I'm not supposed to eat cold cuts....whoops!

~until this thread, I forgot that I'm supposed to sleep on my side

~I ate 5 boxes of girl scout cookies last month with DH's help and I gained my first couple of lbs...coincidence...no!

~I have only taken 3 prenatal vitamins since the +hpt

~I sometimes forget that I'm preg.....I'm so busy with my other 3

~ I love Swedish Fish & FunDip

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#72 of 282 Old 04-14-2006, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama

OMG, a friend and I where in Target's easter aisle the other day, and it was all I could do to resist buying exactly those two items! LOL. I bought a bag of jelly beans (for the cousins on easter), and ate them all instead.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#73 of 282 Old 04-14-2006, 10:51 AM

Let's see. . .

I walked through my freshly painted house exposing myself to a number of brain altering VOCs

I actually ate a hot dog yesterday. I don't even LIKE hot dogs (heck, I don't even like meat all that much), but I'm trying to eat up food before we move. I paid this morning though with an upset tummy

I ate a salad with bleu cheese and it was delicious

I clean the kitty litter boxes

My son gets away with all kinds of stuff when I'm super tired

I throw myself the occasional pity party
#74 of 282 Old 04-14-2006, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama
~

I threw up FunDip (and lots of other candy but that was the last straw) on Valentines Day!
#75 of 282 Old 04-15-2006, 04:40 PM

-I'm not even pregnant anymore, and I'm reading this thread while the house becomes ever-more-filthy
How's that??
#76 of 282 Old 04-15-2006, 06:05 PM

Shamelessly addicted to PEEPS!
#77 of 282 Old 04-15-2006, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife
Shamelessly addicted to PEEPS!
Oh man! I'm so jealous! I couldn't find Peeps anywhere today.
#78 of 282 Old 04-16-2006, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymimi
-I'm not even pregnant anymore, and I'm reading this thread while the house becomes ever-more-filthy
How's that??

Me in 5 months.
#79 of 282 Old 04-16-2006, 10:45 PM

I started sleeping in the "guest" bedroom a few months ago when dd was waking hourly to nurse. She rarely nurses at night (or at all, really) anymore, but I like having my own room. This isn't the good confession...

She had a rough night on Friday and was up quite a bit crying/etc. Since I wouldn't nurse her anyway, I just stayed in my bed and let dh deal with it. Nope, not yet...

Saturday morning my dh was like the walking dead and I still made him get up with her in the morning while I slept in for an extra 2 hours or so. It was glorious.

Hey, I only have another 4 months or so to milk this pregnancy and I am using it for all it's worth!
#80 of 282 Old 04-16-2006, 10:48 PM

This afternoon's mad indulgent craving just a few hours before Dh served dinner: A bacon hamburger at Roy Roger's loaded with lettuce, tomato and onion. SOOOO good, I left planning when I could get back for another...
#81 of 282 Old 04-17-2006, 08:56 AM

I can't wait to get DD off to school so I can raid her Easter basket :
#82 of 282 Old 04-17-2006, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice
WICKED!!!
#83 of 282 Old 04-17-2006, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pease
I started sleeping in the "guest" bedroom a few months ago when dd was waking hourly to nurse. She rarely nurses at night (or at all, really) anymore, but I like having my own room. This isn't the good confession...

She had a rough night on Friday and was up quite a bit crying/etc. Since I wouldn't nurse her anyway, I just stayed in my bed and let dh deal with it. Nope, not yet...

Saturday morning my dh was like the walking dead and I still made him get up with her in the morning while I slept in for an extra 2 hours or so. It was glorious.

Hey, I only have another 4 months or so to milk this pregnancy and I am using it for all it's worth!
Hey, this is me every single weekend! Luckily, my dh is a early-waker so he's happy to do it and he remember how easy he had it when ds had me up all night to nurse for a solid 12 months!

#84 of 282 Old 04-17-2006, 12:22 PM

Wow, I'm so jealous of you with husbands who will get up in the morning with the kids!:

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#85 of 282 Old 04-17-2006, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice
The great thing about having an oblivious one year old is you can raid their baskets right in front of them.

(For the record - I did not make her a basket, my sister gave it to her. But yes, she did eat way more candy than any 17 month old probably should yesterday. It's really a good thing that I "helped" her, right? )
#86 of 282 Old 04-17-2006, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

All I want to eat are Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. I bought a bunch for DH-they are his favorite, and can't stop. I want nothing else, for ever and ever amen.

LOL!
#87 of 282 Old 04-17-2006, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

I am so bad.

I went online and created a Baby Registry. This is our 2nd little bean, and my family is pretty 'prim and proper' when it comes to showers and gift etiquette, so I'm not expecting anything this time around. But when my mom was talking about a $200 throw rug (yes, that's right) for the baby's room, I started thinking
'gosh, I could really use a new pad for the changing table instead', so I went on to BabiesRUs.com and started poking around to see what I like. Well, I couldn't resist, and created a baby registry that I know noone will look at, nor will I even tell anyone about because I'm embarrassed to be so selfish!

Baaaad.
#88 of 282 Old 04-17-2006, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiogirlgr
I am so bad.

I went online and created a Baby Registry. This is our 2nd little bean, and my family is pretty 'prim and proper' when it comes to showers and gift etiquette, so I'm not expecting anything this time around. But when my mom was talking about a $200 throw rug (yes, that's right) for the baby's room, I started thinking
'gosh, I could really use a new pad for the changing table instead', so I went on to BabiesRUs.com and started poking around to see what I like. Well, I couldn't resist, and created a baby registry that I know noone will look at, nor will I even tell anyone about because I'm embarrassed to be so selfish!

Baaaad.
I do the same thing when people are talking about things to buy for baby. I tell dh, well maybe we could return it and get X instead. He thinks I'm being rude and I think of it as practical.

#89 of 282 Old 04-17-2006, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiogirlgr
I went on to BabiesRUs.com and started poking around to see what I like. Well, I couldn't resist, and created a baby registry that I know noone will look at
Sounds familiar! I've done that with all 3, and I think 2 people have ever bothered to look at it. It's 3/4 books for baby though, and some people don't want to buy just books as gifts I guess.

#90 of 282 Old 04-17-2006, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peilover010202
I do the same thing when people are talking about things to buy for baby. I tell dh, well maybe we could return it and get X instead. He thinks I'm being rude and I think of it as practical.
We did that...I registered for a bunch of crap at Babies R Us and returned it all right after my shower and bought the few things i would need. Somebody actually bought me a major contraption for bottles (a drying rack of some kind for washing them out I guess) and she asked me months later if I was using it. She looked horrified when I told her I was breastfeeding, like I was some circus freak or something. I was so naive! I just assumed everyone breastfed, and society in general shocked me as I matured into motherhood. Somebody once even told me they thought it was "gross." But I digress....

I returned everything and had lots of money (I can't remember if I got cash or credit, but I used sposies at the time so I may have used the $$ for my ongoing diaper fund).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page