Confessions of a Pregnant Lady - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 282 Old 04-25-2006, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ohhh with the ice cream talk! It's not even noon here, that has to be a sin somewhere and I NEED ice cream. I will have to make do with pirate's booty since the bag is sitting on the desk begging to be eaten. Pirate's booty as an ice cream topping maybe?
#122 of 282 Old 04-25-2006, 12:07 PM

No Ben & Jerry's here either and probably a good thing, I would camp there the whole day

tara
#123 of 282 Old 04-25-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee
Um... my confession is that i'm kinda freaked out by the kicking.

Anybody else? Does it get better or worse?

Last night, just as I was falling asleep, she kicked right under where my hand was resting, and it was so powerful that I shrieked and jumped and woke DH up. Is that normal??
Wait until you get a good kick in the bladder....fun stuff
#124 of 282 Old 04-25-2006, 03:37 PM

Go to Coldstone Creamery and try cake batter ice cream. It is sooo good. I like mine with brownie mixed in.
#125 of 282 Old 04-25-2006, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaomiLorelie
Go to Coldstone Creamery and try cake batter ice cream. It is sooo good. I like mine with brownie mixed in.
Oh baby... I haven't had Coldstone in so long... & yeah, the cake batter stuff is the real deal I'm also a big sweet cream fan... & mint chip... & ....
#126 of 282 Old 04-26-2006, 11:51 AM

We have a Coldstone type place. I got peanut butter flavor ice cream with brownie mixed in. It was heavenly!
#127 of 282 Old 04-26-2006, 03:15 PM

Must stop eating Jelly Beans!
#128 of 282 Old 04-27-2006, 10:19 AM

I've given up my RRL tea in favor of a cup of hot cocoa twice a day.
#129 of 282 Old 04-27-2006, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

My latest confessions:

-I've finally started drinking more water than anything else. It's taken me this long to get on the ball.
-The smell of the smokeless tobacco that DH uses still makes me gag-I won't let him use it near me.
-I'm STILL being lazy about toilet training DS, although the potty chart seems to be helping
-I have a ton of yardwork to do and I'm ignoring it
-I ate 2 hotdogs off the grill the other night and they were soooooooo good.
-I had a 1/2 glass of wine at my sisters last night, and it was soooooooo good.

and the big one....

I GOT A NEW JOB!
I'm so excited about this new job! I can't believe they are bringing me on at 25 weeks pregnant, but after losing my job about a month and a half ago, things have been really tight for us and I'm just ELATED! I know I should be feeling sad about going back to work, but I'm so excited I'm about to burst! I'm a better mom when I'm working-truly. Maybe it's not a confession, but to some, I guess it would be.
#130 of 282 Old 04-27-2006, 10:10 PM

Congratulations!!
#131 of 282 Old 04-28-2006, 09:47 AM

I confess... that after a really exhausting prenatal fitness class yesterday, when tadpole barely wiggled for hours when she should have been doing the flamenco, I started to think that maybe exercise isn't the way to go. I was up half the night waiting for her to move and let me know all was okay. I hope she was just tired, too!
#132 of 282 Old 04-28-2006, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiogirlgr
I GOT A NEW JOB! I'm so excited about this new job! I can't believe they are bringing me on at 25 weeks pregnant, but after losing my job about a month and a half ago, things have been really tight for us and I'm just ELATED! I know I should be feeling sad about going back to work, but I'm so excited I'm about to burst! I'm a better mom when I'm working-truly. Maybe it's not a confession, but to some, I guess it would be.
That's WONDERFUL!!!! Congrats (1/2 a glass of champers for all of us!)
#133 of 282 Old 04-28-2006, 02:03 PM

I confess that I've been midwife-ing myself a bit too much... the last couple of nights when I've been going to bed, I've been palpating my belly trying to see if I can differentiate head, back, butt, etc. This baby is really starting to feel like a baby & not just a tadpole (to borrow magpiedee's term!) & that's very exciting for me... we got pg very quickly after we stopped using condoms & I think I'm still a little in denial about the whole thing!

Anyway, I go to my midwives on Tuesday... we'll have a good poke around then. In the mean time, I'm going to stop midwife-ing myself & just be a mama-to-be.
#134 of 282 Old 04-29-2006, 10:38 AM

this is my first confession
-I've only taken my prenatal vitamins about 4 times in the past 25 weeks
-I change the cat litter box every time
-I've stopped reading my textbooks and cram before tests (Only one left in each class YEA!!!)
-I eat ice cream all day long. If not ice cream, leftover easter candy.
-I've started eating turkey cold-cuts for lunch after being a vegetarian since I was 12.
-I've started drinking cow milk by the glass (not organic) and it is GOOD! eeeewww. (internal battle)
-I sleep on my back and I'm not going to stop until it starts feeling bad.
I'm sure I have more, I'll be back
#135 of 282 Old 05-01-2006, 06:44 PM

Two words: croissants and cookies.
#136 of 282 Old 05-01-2006, 07:01 PM

Jen--I'm the opposite from you. It took 2+ years to get pregnant. And yet, just like you, I'm still in denial that there is really a BABY in there! I have my ultrasound pictures on the fridge to remind me sometimes. LOL
#137 of 282 Old 05-01-2006, 07:29 PM

Hehehe, Betsy, that's too funny!
#138 of 282 Old 05-01-2006, 08:32 PM

All these confessions are great and I feel so much better after reading them!
My turn:
~I thought I'd love being pregnant but so far I hate it and feel so guilty
~exercise, what's that?!
~I too have eaten major amounts of the Soy Delicious Peanut Butter Zig Zag (after eating NO sugar for at least 5 years)
~I have watched way too much TV over the last 5 months (the first few months when I was so sick I couldn't move I knew when the Family Feud was on-so embarassing!)
~There have been days when I was so sick that all I ate were Cape Cod potato chips and Wispride Cheddar spread
~There have been many days that my husband has come home to find me in the same pj's he left me in that morning (I swore I'd never do that)
~I've just started taking my prenatal vit again on a (somewhat) regular basis

That's it for now, I'm sure they'll be more though!
#139 of 282 Old 05-02-2006, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyS
Jen--I'm the opposite from you. It took 2+ years to get pregnant. And yet, just like you, I'm still in denial that there is really a BABY in there! I have my ultrasound pictures on the fridge to remind me sometimes. LOL
This pg was a total surprise for us and I still have a hard time believing I'm pg even when the little guy is jumping all over. So I've got his pic hanging on the frig too so that I remember that he is real and will be here soon.
#140 of 282 Old 05-02-2006, 10:45 AM

I have to confess that I am LOVING how "cute" pregnancy makes me feel!

I've always been more of a sultry/classical/librarian-looking girl, and no one has really called me cute since I was 5 years old and in a pink bunny rabbit costume. And that worked well for me, and I guess I grew to disdain "cute" and furthered my personal image with a "tough but beautiful and artsy" wardrobe, a la Doc Martens and jeans and emo glasses.

But pregnancy is just so.... cute on me. I'm wearing colors other than black and red-- pink, purple, teal, green, even white. I'm accessorizing with jewelry and scarves I rarely wore before and buying little jackets and tank tops and ruffly skirts. And I feel great! I love this look for me! Whenever I get dressed in the morning, I skip out in front of my husband and say, "Who's the cutest little pregger you've ever seen?" And he just laughs and says, "You are!"

It's weird, but I'm loving it.
#141 of 282 Old 05-02-2006, 11:55 AM

magpie, me too! I am usually very conservative clothing-wise, I'm a khaki's and a sweater kinda woman. Boring. I figure if I have to buy all new clothes anyway, I'm going to be cute and trendy! So I'm getting little floaty tops and those cropped sweaters and the fluffy peasant skirts...soooo much fun. I'm just loving my bigger boobs and now that I'm finally seriously showing, I'm loving the belly too. I've always thought pg women were just gorgeous, so I really love the way I look right now. Everything I had when I was pg with my 10 YO was so ugly...I love all my new clothes this time

The problem is...I have a feeling I'm not going to want to go back to my boring wardrobe after this...so it may cost me some serious money once I'm back to pre-pg size!

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#142 of 282 Old 05-02-2006, 05:23 PM

I hate being pregnant
I feel ugly
My belly is huge at only 26 weeks and I can't imagine how I'll move over 3 more months
I don't crave anything but I love to console myself with ships, chocolate and muffins
My midwife told me to cut out the cookies, peanut butter and junk food and eat lots of eggs.
Who wants to eat eggs all the time anyway?
I cry when things don't go my way.
I just moved to a new town and I have no friends down here. To make matters worse I'm living in a college town and close to a dormitory and there are literally thousands of skinny college girls walking by my window all the time.
Maternity clothes totally suck and cost too much
this can't be over soon enough
#143 of 282 Old 05-02-2006, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebaby
I hate being pregnant
I cry when things don't go my way.
I just moved to a new town and I have no friends down here. To make matters worse I'm living in a college town and close to a dormitory and there are literally thousands of skinny college girls walking by my window all the time.
Maternity clothes totally suck and cost too much
this can't be over soon enough
I am so sorry you are not happy in your pregnancy! I hope it gets better!

I think most of us are crying a bit more than usual. Reminds me of being 13, really. Sometimes I can't even explain or articulate why i'm snuffling, and even if I can explain, it seems to ridiculous or embarassing to mention to anyone.

I also have few friends my age, and I don't know anyone else who is pregnant. It's lonely, isn't it? I know you said "down here", but where are you? Maybe one of us is nearby? Have you checked out "Finding Your Tribe" to see if anyone else is near you? I hated the skinny college girls when I was a... slightly stocky college girl!

Maternity clothes aren't awful... if you go to Target or WalMart or shop at Old Navy online. I find them exactly the same price as the clothes I bought before pregnancy.

We're here for you. The best thing about MDC, for me, is just reading threads and being able to say, "I am not alone!" You're not alone either, honey.
#144 of 282 Old 05-02-2006, 05:55 PM

:

That's what a DDC is all about. We're here to get fat and hormonal with you.

I hate eggs, too. Unless they're smothered in Hollandaise sauce and served with Canadian bacon, fresh spinach, ripe tomato, and all on top of a crisp English muffin. Wanna guess how many eggs I've eaten so far this pregnancy? Ha! I'll bet your mw just wants you to up your protein intake - are there other protein things you like better, or would you like some new ideas?

I did my last pregnancy in a town full of skinny college girls, too. In fact, my husband and I used to do walking through the main shopping district to go "chicky watching". Yeah, we're weird like that. Just remember all the angst they're going through right now - does he like me? should we move in together? what will my parents say?

Remember, your big ol' belly is living proof that somebody finds you sexy, and nobody can deny it!
#145 of 282 Old 05-02-2006, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee
I guess I grew to disdain "cute" and furthered my personal image with a "tough but beautiful and artsy" wardrobe, a la Doc Martens and jeans and emo glasses.

I'm wearing colors other than black and red-- pink, purple, teal, green, even white. I'm accessorizing with jewelry and scarves I rarely wore before and buying little jackets and tank tops and ruffly skirts. And I feel great!

It's weird, but I'm loving it.
Ohhh, that is soooo me. I have every pair of Docs I've ever owned-even the oxblood ones and the really old ones that are so worn it's not even funny. I guess they're in storage with my Smiths and Depeche Mode T-shirts! I, too, feared the maternity 'tent dresses' and frilly colors that I see on so many expectant women, but have broadened my horizons. Black will always be my staple-although I did buy a black maternity business suit pinstriped with pink! Ack! It looks great on me though.... Here's to pastel!
LOL!
#146 of 282 Old 05-03-2006, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebaby
I hate being pregnant
I feel ugly
My belly is huge at only 26 weeks and I can't imagine how I'll move over 3 more months
I can sympathize with this part completely. For me, birth is fine, I love the babies, but the 9 MONTHS of pregnancy is just horrible. And I feel like I'm going to burst at the seams right now, I have no idea how I'll make it another 3 months either!!
But it sure does feel good to complain.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#147 of 282 Old 05-03-2006, 10:05 AM

Yesterday I read in one of the Pregnancy Mag. (from the MW no less) that my waist line will NEVER be the same, my feet are likely to increase by a full size and I should anticipate never looking the same again. WHY? Why do they think that's information that is going to help me when I'm 6 months pregnant, gaining weight like a bear about to hibernate and feeling generally confused and disgusting more and more every day? Why? I don't take this in good humor.

Ok, thanks folks for all the kind words. It feels great to complain somewhere and the internet is just impersonal enough that I don't care at all, no facades. Since these are confessions I have one more, this is the most disgusting of all, my skin is transforming into a reptile, I have grown moles, warts and age spots in the last 6-months that make me very self conscious. I'm going to a dermatologist but has this happened to anyone else?
#148 of 282 Old 05-03-2006, 10:23 AM

I don't believe that at all. After I had dd, my waistline went back to normal. And my feet never went up a size at all. I've never heard of anyone's feet growing a size permamently- just that some people's feet swell *during* pregnancy.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#149 of 282 Old 05-03-2006, 10:26 AM

I haven't had any seemingly permanent changes in my body, but my biggest physical complaint is just that my husband has absolutely no interest in me now that i'm showing. He is attracted to thin and repelled by overweight, and he just doesn't even see me as a woman right now. He sees me as his cute pregnant wife, but the word "sexy" has nothing to do with it. He says I "have a pass" while i'm pregnant, but I don't want a freakin' pass!!

It's hard for me, because I feel powerful and magical and ripe and beautiful and primal, and he's about as interested as if I were a table lamp. And he won't be interested again until i'm "thin". I love this man in every single way and have a very happy marriage, but it is very hard for me to accept the male aesthetic viewpoint.

Ugh, our society sucks. Venus of Willendorf just has no power over the men of the 21st century when Lindsay Lohan is a size 00.
#150 of 282 Old 05-03-2006, 10:29 AM

Man I couldn't handle that at all. We have sex at least once a day.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page