May Chit Chat Thread - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-30-2006, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just got back from my almost 29 week appointment. Everything's normal, including my complaints of course. I'm suddenly measuring 4cm ahead, but the midwife just shrugged it off saying the baby was sort of between head up and transverse.
August seems so far away, but for my next appointment in June I've gotta figure out when we want out home visit! That just suddenly made it all seem much closer.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2006, 09:03 PM

I flew into Chicago (again) last night for some business, and I was in line at the airport behind a nice family. They had a little girl who looked 3 or so, and Mom had a tiiiiiny infant in a sling. Of course I couldn't help myself and ohhed and ahhhed, asked her name and how old she was-6 weeks-and how well she travelled. Mom said that she had done just fine on their flight into GR, and was sure she'd be fine on the way home. She was so tiny and beautiful! I have an infant carrier, but not a sling. She was on the same flight as me, and I didn't hear a peep! She looked so snug and comfy-and mom had both hands free for her preschooler and thier luggage. I'm sold. I plan to pick up a sling at my next opportunity for this babe. It was so fun to see such a little one and remind myself what we're in for again.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:51 AM

Did my monthly checkup yesterday, and spent nearly the whole appointment discussing coffee and vacation destinations with my OB. DH actually asked if that meant he could assume everything was okay with the baby. Doc said "yup" and asked if I had any concerns. Nope. OK, see you next month.

Did the GCT yesterday, too. No probs, other than a nice sugar rush. Oh, and it gave me a killer appetite afterwards. I haven't had room to eat more than a single slice of pizza for a month now, but yesterday I downed two pancakes, two eggs, a double-tall latte, a large orange juice, and was still eyeing DH's hashbrowns. Worse yet, I was hungry again three hours later!
Old 06-01-2006, 11:57 AM

radiogirlgr, I know what you mean!

It's hard for me to get excited about clothes and carseats, but I take out my sling and mei tai all the time and practice carrying a teddy bear around! It's so fun to think about having that baby close and not having to bother with some enormous, annoying stroller in my little Honda Civic. Makes the impending baby seem more "real", you know?

And KC, congrats on being through with your sugar rush and full of delicious breakfast!

As far as my chitchat, i've just got to say... HURRAY FOR ALL BRAN!!! I weight 2 pounds less this morning. It tastes awful, but it's definitely worth it.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee
and not having to bother with some enormous, annoying stroller in my little Honda Civic.
I don't want to have to get a new car!! I love my Civic, but it just won't hold 3 kids. WWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 06-01-2006, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Really? My civic can hold 2 car seats and a booster.

It's June!!! Two more months!

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

User Tag List