See the baby move now? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 05-08-2006, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As of yesterday (25 weeks on the estimated nose) I can see the baby kick. He makes my whole belly jiggle. It's such a trip. I showed DH and he thought it was wild, too. Anybody else?
#2 of 22 Old 05-08-2006, 01:17 PM

Oh yeah! DH think's it's funny too. This kid is a wild man-I couldn't sleep on my left side last night because he got himself into a little ball waaaaay down on my left, and was kicking so hard it hurt! I've been sleeping more on my back than anything.... It's the only way I'm comfortable.....:
#3 of 22 Old 05-08-2006, 01:26 PM

Yup, we are both really loving this particular period of time, because the kicking is so interesting and can include DH. He put his face up against my belly when she was being very gymnastic yesterday, and she scored a solid jab to his jaw, which just amazed and delighted him. It's fun to watch my belly heave as she moves around, and I swear sometimes I can see her little head butting into the skin. So much fun!
#4 of 22 Old 05-08-2006, 02:46 PM

Yeah, I started seeing it last week. 23 weeks, and I can feel it from the outside, but poor DH hasn't seen or felt it yet...baby moves all the time but the second he gets his hands on my belly, he/she chills out!

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#5 of 22 Old 05-08-2006, 03:43 PM

My little guy kept kicking the book light off my belly last night. Made it quite difficult to actually read!
#6 of 22 Old 05-08-2006, 04:23 PM

Yep, my belly's been moving for a long while now. But it's gotten to the point where I think I can identify "parts". Yesterday it was up by my ribs, this morning it was down near my left thigh!
The weirdest thing is seeing my belly button move; I never noticed this with my other pregnancies, and it's WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD, and it does not coincide with my breathing or pulse; it's as if it's Shrimp's practice breaths or something, or BH's that I'm not feeling, I don't know, but did I mention that it's WEIRD!?!

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#7 of 22 Old 05-08-2006, 04:31 PM

Yep

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#8 of 22 Old 05-08-2006, 04:33 PM

Yep, me too I can see the little "thumps" coming out of my belly. I am not sure, but I *think* the duller thumps are feet and the sharper thumps are hands...but that's a total guess. I'm going to ask my ob on Thursday at my appt

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#9 of 22 Old 05-08-2006, 05:44 PM

Because of a medical condition and related medication worries, I will be having ultrasounds monthly here on out, and each time babe has been in the same position (head down, laying on left side with legs curled up) So, when I feel movements now, I can usually decipher the hands down lower and the feet up higher (near my belly button.)

Dh and ds finally felt him move and it was so fun watching ds's expression when he felt the baby. I told him "feel here, the baby's kicking mommy." After he felt he said, "hey, no kicking mommy!" In a sweet protective little voice. So, I had to reassure him that it's okay, doesn't hurt and when he was in mommy's belly, he kicked me too!

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#10 of 22 Old 05-08-2006, 07:16 PM

I have a very, very calm baby. I barely feel any movement at all (3 times a day or so) at 24+ weeks. I didn't feel anything until 22 weeks and 5 days.

So, nope, I don't feel (nor can anyone else) anything from the outside.

I'm just hoping this calmness translates into a calm baby.
#11 of 22 Old 05-08-2006, 07:29 PM

Oh my LORD! I have been seeing the kicking/hitting/tumbling since about 20 weeks. If I lay spooning my husband she just kicks the crap out of him- which is nice for me since she is always kicking me, good to know she plays fair.
I can definately tell body parts too. For example when I lay down on my back one side of my tummy is higher than the other where her head is. And she kicks a ton at the other end where I can literally feel her foot and leg! It is WILD!!!!!!
#12 of 22 Old 05-09-2006, 10:40 AM

Yep! This little guy is bouncing all over. He stops though when dh or dd or even I try to touch him. But I can sit on the couch and watch him move. Sunday morning I swear he was doing some sort of jumping jacks. I was laying on my side and he was jumping up and down making my whole body wiggle.
#13 of 22 Old 05-09-2006, 11:47 AM

Definitely! For a while I was getting kicked and jabbed so I was bulging on both sides at once, so the little one must have been craddling in my pelvis.
#14 of 22 Old 05-09-2006, 12:08 PM

yep Though DD still hasn't felt the baby, whenever she gets close the baby stops.

tara
#15 of 22 Old 05-09-2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyS
I'm just hoping this calmness translates into a calm baby.
I hope for your sake, too, but ... I hate to say that my ds#1 is very high energy and has been since birth, and was not nearly a quarter as active as this one is.
#16 of 22 Old 05-10-2006, 11:17 AM

Got a kicker here too!
for a few weeks now.

I had my hand on my belly this morning and it flew right up!
Too bad DH was in the shower.
He has missed it each time!
#17 of 22 Old 05-10-2006, 09:44 PM

My beanie boy loves kicking me. He loves kicking me when I'm resting, when I'm walking, when I'm on the computer, when I'm in class, when I'm eating, when I'm doing just about anything at all. He especially loves it when I gently push on my belly in a certain spot- he'll spend all day trying to kick the spot.
#18 of 22 Old 05-12-2006, 02:55 PM

Yep, lots of visible kicks here too. Some of them are so "belly-shaking" that I think it's funny that there's no sounds that goes with it- kwim?

I'm loving this time right now where the movements are so dramatic, but not at all uncomfortable for me. For all of you on #2+, did the movements become uncomfortable/painful for ALL of you toward them end?
#19 of 22 Old 05-12-2006, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife
Yep, lots of visible kicks here too. Some of them are so "belly-shaking" that I think it's funny that there's no sounds that goes with it- kwim?

I'm loving this time right now where the movements are so dramatic, but not at all uncomfortable for me. For all of you on #2+, did the movements become uncomfortable/painful for ALL of you toward them end?
Believe it or not, I actually do hear the baby move sometimes. It happened last time too. It's sort of a click/slosh sound, like water lapping up against the side of a pool suddenly. It only happens once it a while, but it's so bizarre.

I had definite pain that sent me jumping right out of my seat during the third trimester with both my pregnancies when they'd poke my cervix. This time that's only happened once so far, but I've had pain under my right ribs, which never happened before.

- krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#20 of 22 Old 05-13-2006, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf
Believe it or not, I actually do hear the baby move sometimes. It happened last time too. It's sort of a click/slosh sound, like water lapping up against the side of a pool suddenly. It only happens once it a while, but it's so bizarre.

- krista
I was in a meeting years ago and one of the teachers was about 8m pg at the time. We all heard this huge swoosh woosh kind of sound, she grabbed her stomach and yelped. We were all pretty taken aback (none of the others of us had kids yet). Apparently the baby decided at that moment to do a huge painful flip. It was really wild.
#21 of 22 Old 05-14-2006, 12:51 PM

When I spoon J at night, this babe loooooves to poke at his back!

I have gotten a few painful kicks to the cervix so far this pregnancy, so hard that I have yelped.

With my first, I only remember movements hurting if I had a full bladder or if I got a poke to the cervix. After a while they get so cramped they can't be as crazy.
#22 of 22 Old 05-17-2006, 08:41 PM

I've been able to see the wee one for a few weeks now - it's a complete trip. I usually feel all of the movement on my lower left side though I have no idea position the baby is in or what part is thumping me. It will be fun when I'll be able to tell what is what.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page