Hungry? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 05-10-2006, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not the least bit hungry. I'm not eating all that much these days, unless I force myself to do it. I can skip breakfast without any hunger pangs (which I've done a couple of times because nothing appealed to me to eat) and not eat until lunch time. I'm not doing this on a regular basis obviously, because I know I need to eat to keep up a good supply of nutrients for baby . . . but it just seems weird that I'm not hungry at 6 months! Can't remember if I went through the same thing with the other two pgs. (But then I can't remember what I did yesterday, so that's not a surprise. )

Are you mamas hungry?

Jen, mom of R (9), T (7), C (5), and E (2) ... my stillheart.gifs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 05-10-2006, 12:45 PM

Last night I was STARVING! My appetite is pretty good, generally. I do have a mild aversion to meat lately-just doesn't taste good. But I think I'm eating plenty. I've been craving Chinese food...
#3 of 19 Old 05-10-2006, 12:49 PM

Yup, i'm completely ravenous.

In fact, before my tooth went downhill and had me on an all-squish diet, I would get halfway through a meal and say to myself... man, i'm hungry. What am I going to eat next? That being said, there are times of the day when food is the last thing on my mind, or when I just can't think of a single thing i'd like to eat. Maybe you've just hit a resting slump for the baby? You've built all your eyebrows and gallbladders and are resting up for another big growth spurt?

Right now i'd settle for a nice filet mignon with pommes frits and asparagus, followed by some really high quality chocolate cake. That would do juuuuuuuust fine.
#4 of 19 Old 05-10-2006, 01:31 PM

Oh my gosh, I'm starving *ALL.THE.TIME*. like, I feel like I'm grocery shopping for twin teenage boys starving! I would eat all day long if I didn't run out of snack type food by the end of the day, I swear.

It's driving me crazy to be honest...

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#5 of 19 Old 05-10-2006, 01:35 PM

Another big eater here. I LOVE FOOD lately. I am hungry for a snack like every 2 hours.
#6 of 19 Old 05-10-2006, 01:57 PM

I am NOT hungry. I'm surprised really, because with my last pregnancy, I could out-eat dh, which is no easy task. But, this time around - I wonder how in the H**L I could possibly consume 80-10 g of protein in a day. There is just no freaking way.

I mean, right now, I'm forcing at least 1 glass of milk in the evenings before bed for a little extra protein. Or sometimes I do a almond butter and honey sandwich, but I'm never hungry when I consume it. Just feel like I need to get more protein in.

Blech! I wish I wasn't the cook in my household everyday, because I'd just have a sandwich and call it good.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#7 of 19 Old 05-10-2006, 02:03 PM

I'm not really hungry but I think it's more an aversion to food due to severe heartburn. When I consider getting something to eat I can't find anything that sounds good and doesn't give me heartburn so many times I just give up and don't eat or just grab a piece of cheese. Sometimes I feel the only reason I eat at all is because I know this baby needs food.
#8 of 19 Old 05-10-2006, 05:59 PM

Not as hungry as I was. And now thankfully I'm craving things like vegetable bean soup, pasta w/ veggies, sushi...and not much in the way of sugar or white bread products. I just can't fit as much food anymore.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#9 of 19 Old 05-10-2006, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't find myself getting that hungry, but if I don't eat pretty regularily, I start getting really light-headed. That drives me crazy because I won't eat as much as I should and then end up feeling terrible!
#10 of 19 Old 05-10-2006, 08:08 PM

I'm not as hungry as I was about a month ago...but I definately still do my fair share of eating. DH can usually tell before I can that I'm hungry because I'm instantly in a bad mood and my attitude becomes SUPER NEGATIVE. Once I eat I perk back up immediately!! It's kind of funny...to me at least!

Question: Vegan..what are you doing about your sushi cravings? Are you eating sushi or not...I've been craving it like CRAZY but I think we've only gotten it twice since becoming pregnant...I know it's on the "naughty" list... just wondering what your opinion was...

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#11 of 19 Old 05-10-2006, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina~mom2be
Question: Vegan..what are you doing about your sushi cravings? Are you eating sushi or not...I've been craving it like CRAZY but I think we've only gotten it twice since becoming pregnant...I know it's on the "naughty" list... just wondering what your opinion was...
Well, I only eat vegetarian sushi anyway...kappa maki, oshinko, kanpyo, avocado, inari, onigiri, that type of thing...and I love making my own as well, it's sort of a hobby with me...but if I were someone who ate fish, I figure that the fish has to be in pretty good condition for a restaurant to serve it raw, and Japanese women eat it when pregnant all the time, so I doubt once in a while would hurt you or baby.

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#12 of 19 Old 05-10-2006, 10:13 PM

Thanks Krista....I think I'm going to have sushi tonight! ~ My gut instinct is that anything is okay in moderation....

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#13 of 19 Old 05-11-2006, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peilover010202
I wonder how in the H**L I could possibly consume 80-100 g of protein in a day. There is just no freaking way.
Steph- try the 176g that Azreal and I are supposed to consume. It makes me sick just thinking about it!
#14 of 19 Old 05-11-2006, 04:44 AM - Thread Starter

nfbmom: Try chewing gum, especially after you eat something, for the heartburn. Or whenever you feel it. That really worked for me. And try not to drink with meals (nearly impossible for me . . . but I tried to drink as little as possible while eating and not drink much for about 30 minutes afterward).

Jenn: Wow! I can't even begin to imagine trying to get 176 g of protein a day!!! Holy smoke. But at this point I'm also not getting anywhere near the 80 g I'm supposed to be getting. Protein is just not that appealing to me these days.

Jen, mom of R (9), T (7), C (5), and E (2) ... my stillheart.gifs

#15 of 19 Old 05-11-2006, 09:30 AM

You'd be surprised how much protein you probably consume even when not eating something from the "protein" food group. Almost every food has some protein in it. Keeping track of what you eat at someplace like Fitday.com is a real eye opener.
176 of protein just sounds unhealthy to me, no matter what the source. I mean, a twin is another 5-8 pound baby, not another 130 pound adult. I know that european recommendations are nowhere near that high!

- Krista

#16 of 19 Old 05-11-2006, 10:22 AM

I am not as hungry as I expected to be but when I get hungry, LOOK OUT! I could eat my own arm!
I go from feeling like I could never be hungry again (even though it was 3 hours ago that I ate) to feeling like I have been starved. The problem is my skin feels so tight like there is no room left in there that it makes me feel like I am full when I am not.
#17 of 19 Old 05-11-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingWearin'Mama
Steph- try the 176g that Azreal and I are supposed to consume. It makes me sick just thinking about it!
Okay, that really just makes me nauseous to think about. Esp since I'm already forcing protein-rich foods in my face regardless of hunger at this point. Hopefully both of your appetites are more fitting for that much protein

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#18 of 19 Old 05-11-2006, 08:35 PM

I can be ravenously hungry but then only eat a little and be full. Some days I can really pack it in though. I'm a little worried about how much weight I might be gaining. I'll find out tomorrow at my appt. Although my sugar was only 84 fasting this morning so I'm not too worried.

I can't imagine eating that much protein. I would so not make it.
#19 of 19 Old 05-12-2006, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf
Keeping track of what you eat at someplace like Fitday.com is a real eye opener.
Thank you for mentioning this website! I remember from another thread that you have an online diet tracker & I've been meaning to ask you what you use

SummerTwilight, I'm with you, when I am hungry- watch out!!! Though I'm not hungry as often as I was a month of two ago, I still wake up in the morning painfully hungry. Ain't no going back to sleep through that feeling!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page