Mother's Day - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-11-2006, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How are you celebrating? What are you wishing for?

We are celebrating with our moms and grandmoms with a barbeque on Sunday! We bought everyone beautiful annual planters-Impatiens. Can't wait to give everyone their gifts!

I am wishing for a half hour in the bathroom with the door closed, a good breakfast, and lots of sunshine. A massage wouldn't be bad either.

Happy Mother's Day to us all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2006, 03:33 PM

Seriously, one of DH's good friends lived in a neighborhood that puts on a HUGE sale every Mother's Day weekend. More than 100 houses last year, I think.

So, DH has agreed we'll go tonight to get the "sneak preview" that's supposed to be for residents only, tomorrow night for the heavy shopping, and back on Saturday in case we missed any thing.

Oh yeah, we'll be visiting my grandma at some point, too.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:19 PM

Dh will just be getting back from Chicago on Sunday afternoon, so probably not a ton going on here.

I will be planting some flowers and installing some landscaping brick this weekend.

My gift to my mom is having her carpets cleaned and dh is washing his mom's house and windows down (can you tell we're on cheapskate mode? ) But they are both thrilled!

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:38 PM

My husband's working as usual. A friend who isn't married and her son and my boys and I are meeting around brunchtime at Panera Bread to hang out and probably go to the bookstore after that.

I left a wishlist up on the computer at Scrap Your Trip .com, so we'll see if my dada got the hint.
Otherwise, I saw a wooden cradle at the resale shop that I totally don't need but totally fell in love with. I raved about how cute it was for quite a while, so we'll see.
But as for me getting time to myself, the chances of that are a big fat zero. But that's okay, I'm a mother darnit! I'm not supposed to!

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 05-11-2006, 08:25 PM

Probably trying to divide the day up between my mom and mil. Dh has to work. So it will just be me and dd doing whatever. Usually dh's family does some sort of breakfast/brunch type thing so we go there and then over to my parent's later in the day. We are in cheap mode to so dd and I will be crafting something tomorrow for them. I'll probably have her do an extra one for me of whatever we decide to do.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC in KS
Seriously, one of DH's good friends lived in a neighborhood that puts on a HUGE sale every Mother's Day weekend. More than 100 houses last year, I think.

So, DH has agreed we'll go tonight to get the "sneak preview" that's supposed to be for residents only, tomorrow night for the heavy shopping, and back on Saturday in case we missed any thing.

Oh yeah, we'll be visiting my grandma at some point, too.
Oh, funny! I'll be doing that too! There are so many houses in the area having garage sales that weekend that they have porta potties and vendors (hot dogs, pop, and stuff).

Shannon
Old 05-12-2006, 02:02 AM

Ugh, my husband has to work all day...so I'll be spending Mother's day with my daughter, fitting no?

I think we're going to go to lunch at my mother's church, it will make her happy to have us there and get us out of the house.

I'm wishing for a few things...a new camera lens and a pair of slip on converse so I don't have to bend over to tie my shoes Maybe some pretty new nursing bras to replace the raggedy ones I've been wearing for the last 18 months?
Old 05-12-2006, 11:01 AM

No porta potties, but this neighborhood does get police help with traffic control!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:32 PM

This is my first mother's day as a mommy-to-be!! I made a pretty matted frame for my mom in all different colors that says "my grandbaby", because my son will be her first, and bought her a little brag book in anticipation of little boy!

Also, my little brother is going to the prom on Saturday so my whole family is getting together then instead of Sunday to watch him take off in his limo with all of his friends and all thier cute little dates. He is 6 years younger than me, I can't believe he's going to the prom! I'm so hormonal I might cry.

User Tag List