Anyone want to join in a Getting to Know You thread? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-16-2006, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am fairly new here and would love the chance to get to know you all a bit better! Here's a few basic GTKY questions, feel free to ask more though!

What would you like to share about your family?

Where do you live?

What ten adjectives could describe you?

What do you like to do?

My name is Michelle and I live with my hottie, dreadlocked partner, Jay, and our 2 sweet girls. Nico Sage just turned 8 and Kaya is 4 1/2. Our girls are homeschooled and I love having them home with me. We've got 4 cats and a dog.

Where do you live?

We live in the Finger Lakes region of NY, on 17 beautiful acres of land. We happened to find this place with a passive solar, partially-underground house, a pond, trails, fields, woods and a babbling brook. It's so beautiful and we feel bless to have stumbled across it. We are out in the country, with a long driveway, so we can't see another house or hear traffic. Ahhhhh...bliss.

Red-headed, creative, nature-loving, fiesty, passionate, rhythmic, blessed, procrastinating, thrifty and lately ~ hormonal.

What do you like to do?

I love spending time outdoors, hiking, walking or just sitting, deeply immersed in nature. I love playing the drums; alone, with J, in drum circles or with my girlies. I'm thrilled every day to be able to stay at home with Nico and Kaya and do things like paint and hike and play. I am interested in beadwork and make unique beaded mandala necklaces and other jewelry. We are TV free, but I love music. During the Summers, we generally go to a few local music festivals where you camp out for the weekend, and that's so much fun!!

I'd love to learn a little more about you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2006, 06:23 PM

I have an amazing hubby Tom, who is adventurous, silly and supportive of my personality and independence. We are a funny looking couple since he is 6 ' 5" and I am not even 4' 11". We have two cats. I come from a family of 4 kids, one older sister by a year, one younger sister by two years, a brother younger by 16 years who is deafblind and medically involved and my two parents who are still married.

Where do you live?
MA in a cute ranch in a quiet, family oriented neighborhood, close enough to the city and work but distant enough to feel small-townish.

Musical, eclectic, social butterfly, event-organizer, independent, spontaneous, non-conformist, slightly controlling, slightly anal, realist.

What do you like to do?
Write, sing and play music. Hike, backpack, camp, mountain-bike (all with hubby), get together with friends, think about my belly , work (I am a deafblind teacher), do tedious tasks like fold laundry perfectly, watch a good movie with warm tea or glass of wine with my girl friends, snowboard, paint my house, hang out in coffee shops, go to the beach, flip on a trampoline, pick flowers, have a campfire sing-a-long and cook S'mores, much more.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Hmmm, 30 views and one reply. Are you all just shy, or what???

I enjoyed reading about you, SummerTwilight!! Thanks for not being to skeeeered to reply!
Old 05-17-2006, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshi Mama
Hmmm, 30 views and one reply. Are you all just shy, or what???

I enjoyed reading about you, SummerTwilight!! Thanks for not being to skeeeered to reply!
Busy, busy, that's all! I do like these getting to know you threads. They're always fun...

Been married for 4 years, together for 5 years before that. Have two boys and a parakeet.

Where do you live?
Framingham, MA. Our house is over 100 years old. Our kitchen ceiling is about to cave in from the rain, but we're trying to hold off fixing it until we can afford an addition. It might come down to a home equity loan this year, or else a tarp over the roof!!

quiet, smart, blonde, atheist, short, pregnant, opinionated, helpful, vegan, thirsty

What do you like to do?
Right now, not much. Normally: walking in the rain, going barefoot on the beach, gardening, rollerblading, hiking (day hiking, no big backpacks please!, I like astronomy, sci-fi, and vegan cooking.

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 05-17-2006, 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=Meeshi Mama]
What would you like to share about your family? DH and I have been married almost ten years. We struggled with unexplained IF for almost 4 years before having our son (we'd done it all, including IVF and none of it workd; then we got pg naturally). We lost a baby a year ago December (naturally conceived), then got pg with this baby after one round of treatment (I'm 35 and we'd been ttc for 9 months after our loss). We are thrilled to be expecting again. We have a dog, two cats and fire-bellied toads.

Where do you live? We live in Texas, where everyday is summer. We live in the 'burbs. Just moved a couple of weeks ago into a new place. We love the neighborhood and are close to friends, stores and restaurants

What ten adjectives could describe you? Pensive, passionate, sensitive, funny, empathic, creative, hopeful, grateful, and, right now, sleepy and HUGE

What do you like to do? I like to write, read, watch Lost and good movies. I play the piano, knit when my carpal tunnel isn't killing me, hang out with friends and we plan to homeschool DS, so exploring HS activities is high on my list. I can make dinner out of anything and can't turn away people or pets who need help.

QUOTE]
Old 05-17-2006, 12:16 PM

Yep, busy here too. I glanced at it last night but didn't get a chance to reply.

I've been married for almost 7 years, but we were together for about 7 before that. We have a 4yo little girl that I am homeschooling (just preschool for now) I live in the same town I was born in.

Where do you live?
I live in the same small town in MI where I was born and raised. I live about 10 min from Lake Michigan, but I rarely go to the beach. I really want to move somewhere else (like southwest somewhere, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, etc), but now that we have our dd we don't want to take her away from her grandparents. Maybe someday...

loving, short, smart, non-conformist, shy, vegetarian, procrastinator, creative, happy, content (most of the time)

What do you like to do?
I love taking my dd new places. I love watching her reactions to new things and being able to see the world through the eyes of a child. I love hanging out with dh. He works different hours every day/week so I'm happy for whatever time we can be together as a family. I like our alone time at night after dd goes to bed too. Even if all we do is watch tv it feels good to be Dan and Jen not mom and dad for just a little while. I love to read (dh calls me a text junkie and I seriously am). I am still friends with a group of women that I worked with before dd was born and we get together once a month to catch-up and it is something I always look forward to.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:59 PM

DH and I have been married for 5 years. I moved across the country to be with him Our daughter is 4, then we had 3 pregnancy losses. I started to do research and came up with a possible cause and here we are pregnant again

Where do you live?

We live on Vancouver Island in BC about 2 blocks from the very rocky beach (and we almost never go). We live on 1/2 acre in a very quiet area that has a lot of hiking trails. I feel safe with DD playing outside in our yard.

emotional, outdoorsy, pregnant, vegetarian, shy, happy, carefree, scared,

What do you like to do?

My favorite thing is spending time with my family I love exploring the world together the three (almost 4) of us. I love staying home with my daughter. I started trying out homeschooling with her to see how we would like it and so far so good. I love being outdoors hiking and camping and am enjoying watching DD get the same love and respect for the outdoors. I love cooking meals for my family.

tara
Old 05-17-2006, 06:34 PM

My DH Paul and I have been married for 3 years. We have a sweetie doggie Yazoo and an aloof kitty Sarah Jane. Future-baby will be our first child.

Where do you live?
We live in an 1830s farmhouse in soggy southern NH. We haven't been washed away, but we did have a waterfall in our basement.

sleepy, short, blondish, librarian, friendly, cheerful, smart, silly, colorful, scattered

What do you like to do?
I like to walk and hike, I love to read, surf the web and do web design, and watch movies. I like to help people find books they will enjoy reading. I sing in a choir, and started learning to play the old time banjo last year. We just inherited a piano, so maybe I'll learn to play that, too. I've recently started taking sewing lessons. I've also started cooking and baking lately, that's been a lot of fun, and yummy, too! -Wow, I really sound like a homebody Right now what I'd most like to do is sleep zzzzzz.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:43 PM

[QUOTE=Meeshi Mama]Hmmm, 30 views and one reply. Are you all just shy, or what??? QUOTE]

Yes.

User Tag List