Can *anyone* help me locate my libido??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-16-2006, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There has to be something natural I can do to increase my libido a bit.... I am less than enthusiastic about any sort of nookie, though I will participate if J initiates. My once Leo-esque desire has fizzled right out, and I know its not easy on J.

Any suggestions for helping to get groove back?
#2 of 12 Old 05-16-2006, 11:14 PM

Hmm, I don't know any herbal or specific technique you can try. For me I just needed to stop thinking about my gut all the time. That was really hard. When you are thinking of a baby it is hard to want sex. After 27 weeks of pregnancy I finally feel like I can stop thinking about her for an hour (or ten minutes ) enough to get in the mood!
Good luck!
#3 of 12 Old 05-17-2006, 03:57 AM

I was like that my last pregnancy. I was also very dry down there, so I think I had a lack of horny hormones or something. The good news for my dh was that I started jumping him as many times a day as I could starting the 37th week. I wanted that baby out bad, and I knew that his sperm could help. Lucky for him, I didn't deliver until 42 weeks. I guess this doesn't help you any huh? Maybe try some erotic reading or viewing material before getting it on if you're not opposed to that sort of thing. It sure has helped me in the past. Make sure to have plenty of lube for the dryness. Maybe a toy could get you fired up before going at it? I have no idea about supplements or anything like that either. But I'm stopping here before I get scolded by a mod or something. Good luck

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#4 of 12 Old 05-17-2006, 08:19 AM

Don't know why, but I'm only interested at 4am....so that's when it happens, maybe once every week or two.
I have no advice though. Sorry.

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#5 of 12 Old 05-17-2006, 08:28 AM

I imagine it's probably out partying somewhere with mine...we should have placed a strict curfew on those bad boys and told them to be home at the start of the second trimester. Here I was thinking mine was responsible enough to return on it's own without threats. WRONG.
#6 of 12 Old 05-17-2006, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

*lol* Well, at least I am not alone!!!

Yooohooooooooo.... Libidooooooooo....
#7 of 12 Old 05-17-2006, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf
Don't know why, but I'm only interested at 4am....so that's when it happens, maybe once every week or two.
I have no advice though. Sorry.

- Krista
Unless, dh initiates, I'm the same way. I wake up half way through the night, think doing something sounds like fun, then start thinking about having to wake up dh and how much more tired I'll be in the morning so I end up just going back to sleep. This is totally different than last pg.
#8 of 12 Old 05-17-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesamin
I imagine it's probably out partying somewhere with mine...we should have placed a strict curfew on those bad boys and told them to be home at the start of the second trimester. Here I was thinking mine was responsible enough to return on it's own without threats. WRONG.
Mine too! Poor, poor dh. Although I usually don't respond even if he initiates. He actually said he was going to stop asking. No such luck though, he's pretty persistent.

Wish I had advise though. I know of nothing that can really help. Though I've thought about a toy - because one of my problems during pregnancy is loosing the ability to o. So that makes it even less appealing to me.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#9 of 12 Old 05-17-2006, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesamin
OMG - that is so funny to think about.

Sadly my DH was under the impression that in Tmy second trimester that I'd be extra excited about sex which hasn't been the case.

I've just been trying to make more of an effort to say yes when he asks and being more open even when I don't feel like it. Usually I just beg for more 'lovies' and 'touchies' before going anywhere sexual and that usually does the trick for me.

I have been waking up with more thought to the idea, but usually I just roll over and go back to sleep.
#10 of 12 Old 05-17-2006, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Area Babe
I have been waking up with more thought to the idea, but usually I just roll over and go back to sleep.
Me,too!!
#11 of 12 Old 05-17-2006, 10:37 PM

I can share mine. It is through the roof and poor DP is getting worn out.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#12 of 12 Old 05-18-2006, 07:47 PM

Well, if you weren't pregnant, I'd recommend several Korean ginsing. However, this is most likely not good in pregnancy.

The best suggestion is accept the way it is AND go slow. Either with your partner or your self, get pleasure without the expectation of orgasm. In other words, enjoy extended foreplay. It may take some time and patience but this usually works.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page