MUST HAVE this t-shirt - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-19-2006, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...GYBORNHOME.jpg

Isn't that the best????? I need one of those onesies for my baby!!!!!!
#2 of 13 Old 05-19-2006, 11:05 PM

REALLY cute! Did you see them for sale?
#3 of 13 Old 05-19-2006, 11:31 PM

I have been looking for a "born at home" onesie. I couldn't make out the web site on the shirt (zooming in didn't help). Do you know where these are available?

Tofie ~ mama to DD1, DD2 and Pookie v3 debuting December 2011
Oh my God....women are the COWS of PEOPLE!! --Reese, Malcolm in the Middle
#4 of 13 Old 05-20-2006, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

I did find them at www.zazzle.com, or by typing in "born@home.mom" on www.froogle.com.

I am def going to get one for me and one for baby A little present for us.
#5 of 13 Old 05-20-2006, 08:26 AM

I want to get some gear from these websites:
http://www.jacksmagicbeanstalk.com/c...Advocacy-Gear/
http://www.cafepress.com/emibeans/995584

The Born @ Home tie dye shirt photo is at:
http://www.littleearthangels.com/catalog.php?category=8

There are also some good homebirth baby clothes at:
http://www.wearsthebaby.com/shopping/bah.html

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#6 of 13 Old 05-20-2006, 10:40 AM

Those are soooo cute! But I think I am going to wait till I know what we are having (at the birth, lol) to order one. I'd like one gender specific.

Once I actually have my homebirth I think Im going to go hog wild with the born-at-home stuff! lol
#7 of 13 Old 05-20-2006, 12:59 PM

Oh, I really want to order one, but I have this feeling that I should wait until after the birth to see how it all pans out.

Does that sound paranoid or silly? I just have this feeling that the more people we tell that we're planning a hb or the more "I had a hb" stuff I have, the more I'm setting myself up for failure...

Hehehe, or on the flip-side, I guess you could argue that if I'm having these reservations, maybe I'm not determined enough about hb!

Yet I am very committed... hb is something that I've wanted for years, have lots of support from DH & my mom, very experienced midwives, good health & an okay backup situation. Maybe it's just the whole first time mom thing. Any thoughts?

Sorry to hijack the t-shirt thread!
#8 of 13 Old 05-20-2006, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife
Oh, I really want to order one, but I have this feeling that I should wait until after the birth to see how it all pans out.

Does that sound paranoid or silly?
Nope, I feel the exact same way. I won't be ordering any homebirth or VBAC t shirts until after it's all over. It would be heartbreaking to have them waiting for me at home if I end up having another surgery.

And I'm cheap, too.
#9 of 13 Old 05-20-2006, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pease
Nope, I feel the exact same way. I won't be ordering any homebirth or VBAC t shirts until after it's all over. It would be heartbreaking to have them waiting for me at home if I end up having another surgery.

And I'm cheap, too.
Phew! So glad I'm not the only one... I was feeling pretty neurotic for a minute there!!!
#10 of 13 Old 05-20-2006, 06:32 PM

I feel the same way too Jen. Every time I tell someone I am having a homebirth I think "At least I hope so". I would be devastated if I couldn't for some reason but you never know if the baby is gonna come at 36 weeks or really late or what-have-you. I just don't know what to expect from my body having never done this before...but that is something I have to work on anyways, trusting my body. I have a little bit of fear that since I didn't get pregnant naturally I may be expecting to much to think I can birth naturally. I know on a logical level this doesn't make sense and I need to get over it. I am trying to think only positive.
#11 of 13 Old 05-20-2006, 06:59 PM

So cute! What a great way to educate people on the subject- let your healthy, beautiful baby do it for you! My next one is definately going to be a homebirth baby!
#12 of 13 Old 05-20-2006, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerTwilight
I feel the same way too Jen. Every time I tell someone I am having a homebirth I think "At least I hope so". I would be devastated if I couldn't for some reason but you never know if the baby is gonna come at 36 weeks or really late or what-have-you. I just don't know what to expect from my body having never done this before...but that is something I have to work on anyways, trusting my body. I have a little bit of fear that since I didn't get pregnant naturally I may be expecting to much to think I can birth naturally. I know on a logical level this doesn't make sense and I need to get over it. I am trying to think only positive.
Thanks, Summer. Yeah, I try to say/think that I'm planning a home birth, cause who knows what kind of birth I'll be having. I'm kind of a language Nazi like that though

I have a good friend who is a midwife, went through IVF herself & now does prenatal education w/ women who've conceived through assisted reproduction. She would be SO EXCITED to hear that you're planning HB & working on trusting your body!!! AR moms have a lot of baggage to deal w/... my friend gets so disheartened by all of the women/docs who schedule elective c/s because they are afraid to labor.

3_angels, it's never too late to change providers. Do what feels best for you
#13 of 13 Old 05-21-2006, 09:39 AM

There are a lot of Born At Home things for sale at www.cafepress.com

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/search/s...pt=&rpp=18&st=

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page