Melaya? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-21-2006, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How are you feeling today? I saw your post in TAO and then it got locked down so I've been wondering how you were doing. Hopefully everything is ok.
Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2006, 12:11 AM

Things are good, thanks for thinking of me. I'm just pretty sure that I have an infection. Thing is, I always have an infection. At any point in the year you can swab my throat, vagina, take blood, ect. I will always show positive for an infection. No antibiotic or natural treatments have ever worked to beat whatever this is. I also had a blood test come back positive a year ago for an autoimmune disorder, but I never followed up on that. So I'm sure that has something to do with it. This week I'll visit my midwife and a chiro to see if that helps. Sorry to ramble....thanks again for the concern.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Old 05-22-2006, 12:10 PM

Melaya, I think about you a lot too as we get further along in our pregnancies
Old 05-22-2006, 01:22 PM

Melaya - didn't see your OP, but I saw you tested + for an autoimmune disorder (+ ANA, I'm assuming?)

Anyway, I just wanted to encourage you to follow-up with it. I got a + ANA back in 2002 and my dr checked for lupus at that point (which wasn't the problem) and then when every thing checked out, he said there was nothing to worry about, false positive blah, blah, blah.

Well, in 2005, I was SUPER fatigued (regularly sleeping 12-14 hours a day) and it was interfering with my job as a mom. I would get home from work, wait until dh got home, then go take a nap, get up in time to put ds to bed, and go back to bed. It was insane.

So, I saw my family dr (a new one) and he ran some bloodwork (CBC, CHEM 14) and my liver enzymes were 3x over the normal range and as the next few weeks went by they continued to climb.

After dozens of blood tests and a liver biopsy, we found out I have an autoimmune disorder called autoimmune hepatitis. It's not viral hepatitis. Essentially, my immune system thinks my liver is a foreign object and attacks it. So, now I'm on an immunosuppressant and doing incredibly well.

Sorry for the long story, but I'm so thankful to this dr for figuring it out for me. The survival rate for someone with my condition is 10yrs (on average) if left untreated. The last yr has been a long road, but MAN it was worth it!

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaya
Things are good, thanks for thinking of me. I'm just pretty sure that I have an infection. Thing is, I always have an infection.
Glad to hear that you are doing better. I have a friend who's dealing with some chronic illness stuff and I know it is no fun and wears on you physically as well as emotionally. I hope you can get some answers.

User Tag List