Diabolical nesting!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-22-2006, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else going through this? I swear I am a maniac. I've been painting (Yes, I have the pseudo-gas mask to wear!), and cleaning carpets, and overdoing it like crazy!!! Then, of course, I get all ticked off because I can't do more because I am SO FRIGGIN' TIRED! Nuts. Anyone else out there feeling as crazy as me?
#2 of 13 Old 05-23-2006, 09:18 AM

I get sooooo annoyed that I can't do much. It's driving me crazy!! I keep trying to organize stuff, but we have no where to put stuff, so I buy shelves. Or I can't lift the heavy stuff, or move furniture to clean behind it, or it's my husband's boxes of stuff for work that I shouldn't mess with, etc. Recently I HAD to clean out the refrigerator. So I made us eat almost everything in it or threw stuff out. I want a clean fridge so that next month I can start stocking up on frozen meals for August!!
And outside is even worse. I can't stop planting and moving plants and weeding, etc. Problem is my husband finally bought a new lawnmower. I just felt like I had to mow it myself though. And my 2 year old had thrown rocks into the lawn as usual. So I got about 50 feet, hit a rock hidden in a clump of grass, the blade bent, and my husband is procrastinating as usual and hasn't gotten it fixed and I'm getting soooo impatient, and our lawn looks like a field now. GRRR!!! (I know, the baby's really going to care about the condition of the lawn...) So I got out the clippers and HAND-CLIPPED the edges around the garden because it was bugging me so much.
Since I don't have any of the typical "baby" nesting to do (since I have everything already), I just keep inventing other nesting-like tasks that HAVE to be done.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#3 of 13 Old 05-23-2006, 09:30 AM

So far the only BIG nesting thing I've done was pull all the baby clothes out of the attic and rebox them according to size. It was a task and a half because my daughter has a TON of clothes, being the first grandbaby and the first baby in my group of friends.

Next up, I'm tackling all the infant toys. Thank goodness for large, stackable tupperware containers
#4 of 13 Old 05-23-2006, 11:59 AM

I am so close to having the office cleaned out for dd's new room and I want to get it done by the end of the week. So I have a bunch of stuff up on ebay and if it doesn't sell I'm taking it to Goodwill this weekend. I want to get her room done so I can start putting baby stuff away in the baby's room. He won't sleep in there for awhile, but I need to sort out baby clothes and see what I've really got and what I still need. Right now I've got bags of baby clothes in the living room and down stairs and it's bugging me.
#5 of 13 Old 05-23-2006, 12:38 PM

Got the urge, and no time to meet it.

I have decided I must create myself a sewing area in the basement, sort out all my unfinished projects, and then complete them all in the next four months. DH has promised if I'm all caught up by the time I go to a nearby FlyFest at the end of September, I can go to a really cool fabric store in that town and stock up again!

Darn this old job, anyway. I'd have so much more time to sew if I wasn't working.
#6 of 13 Old 05-23-2006, 12:45 PM

Yep, I'm with you guys! 2 weekends ago, I painted the 2nd bathroom. Last weekend, dh and I cleaned out the garage and I sorted through the first 18mos of ds's clothes and have a big pile to sell at a garage sale. I also planted our garden (asparagus, tomatoes, yellow/purple bell peppers, and strawberries so far.)

This weekend, I'm going to TRY to enjoy the long weekend. But, I have landscaping plans near the garage!

So far, no progress made in the actual baby's room. I'm leaving that up to dh, because it needs to be painted (primed and painted.) I would do it myself, but dh is off for the summer starting next week. So, I thought he needed something to do!

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#7 of 13 Old 05-23-2006, 01:20 PM

I've found stuff in my recent organizing that I didn't even know I had! I'm trying to clean out our guest room closet and combine all that stuff into other closets. Our guest room will be the baby's room eventually, but we're hanging on to the bed as long as we can for family visitors after the babe's born. I'm just thinking all this organizing and moving stuff will be easier to do now than when I actually have the little kiddo!
So...I'm creating huge piles of Goodwill, Freecycle and E-Bay destined goods. Here's to closet space!
And gardening, got it all planted last weekend, and I can't wait for the strawberries and tomatoes to start producing!
#8 of 13 Old 05-23-2006, 04:37 PM

Fun! I wish I had more nesting that could be done. I've been begging DH for weeks to rearrange our bedroom and he IMed me yesterday that we should do it this weekend. Hurray! We're not sure if we're co-sleeping or bed-sharing but either way because my side of the bed needs to be moved away from the window as it is already WAY too tempting for the kitties. They love to bask in the sun and get on my nightstand to get closer to inspecting things outside the window.

About two weeks ago my mom and I went shopping and bought some baby clothes and so then I decided that I needed to make a spreadsheet of what I had for the baby since people of been sending me random stuff and I've been buying things along the way. I think it took me an hour.

What I'm desperate for now is a dresser to put the baby's things in as the clothes are in a tub and everything else is well, everywhere.
#9 of 13 Old 05-23-2006, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Well - cool! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Whew! I'm off to move the computer stuff, so I can clean the carpets in here!
#10 of 13 Old 05-23-2006, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAtThis
And gardening, got it all planted last weekend, and I can't wait for the strawberries and tomatoes to start producing!
I think its finally warm enough to plant tomatoes here. But I have to wait until my next midwife appointment at least, since her husband always starts way more tomato plants than she can use, and since I only want 8 plants for Ryan's little garden, I'd rather wait and get them for free. I used to start my own during the winter when I had a big garden, but not anymore. I LOOOVVVVE tomatoes.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#11 of 13 Old 05-23-2006, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf
I think its finally warm enough to plant tomatoes here. But I have to wait until my next midwife appointment at least, since her husband always starts way more tomato plants than she can use, and since I only want 8 plants for Ryan's little garden, I'd rather wait and get them for free. I used to start my own during the winter when I had a big garden, but not anymore. I LOOOVVVVE tomatoes.
I am right there with you! I have been craving tomatoes like nobody's business! I broke down and planted four tomato plants about a month ago (WAY too early for Colorado, but I just couldn't help it). Of course, we had snow and the plants all looked like they died. BUT - they all came back! I'm so happy!
#12 of 13 Old 05-23-2006, 06:33 PM

Well dd is getting excited about her new room and wanted to start moving her clothes in today!! I don't have everything out yet. She was crying and complaining. I think dh is mad at me, not sure he's just being way too quiet. Probably because dd's been a pill lately and I've been grouchy too. I feel bad but don't know how to fix it. I want to be a SAHM but I am so tempted to just give up. The house is a mess, just when I seem to get caught up with one area another explodes. I don't think there is enough nesting energy to get me through this without loosing it.
#13 of 13 Old 05-24-2006, 12:32 AM

Oh, I so know this feeling!!! We have been waiting, waiting, WAITING for our floor guy to come and sand/refinish the floors in what will be the baby's room. He has been swamped, and I have been getting impatient. Once the floors are done, we will need to: buy and hang shades, hang valances, set up the changing table and crib, retrieve the dresser we are borrowing from BIL's place. THEN I can finally go through the tupperware bins in the basement full of baby things. I have been putting it off, because it would just create more of a mess at this point, but I'm DYING to go through everything, just to know where we stand with what we will need. I have visions of tupperware bins dancing in my head! I also need to find some sort of area rug, and move the antique rocker in. So, lots of plans, but no action til the flooring guy is able to fit us in-hopefully sooner than later!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page