Pain...ahem...down there - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-24-2006, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else suffering from pain 'down there' ? I swear, I can feel my bones shifting and expanding and it HURTS! I can't cross my legs (agony...and please no "well duh, that's how you got pregnant jokes"!) and I walk around waddling like I've been on a horse for a week. Please tell me I'm not alone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2006, 03:48 PM

I'm not as far along as you (a little over 18 weeks) and I'm experiencing pain in my pelvis and lower back, especially after being on my feet a long time. I told dh that this is off to a bad start since i'm not nearly as big as I'm going to get. I think our bodies remember being pregnant and are adjusting more rapidly or differently to our expanding uterus...

A shower or bath usually relaxes my back though, have you tried that?

Best wishes!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
Old 05-24-2006, 04:03 PM

I haven't had the pubic discomfort yet but I did last time, and I feel your pain. It hurts SO bad! I remember holding my legs tightly together every time I rolled around in bed, otherwise, I'd wake dh up moaning in pain.

This time, for me, I've had lots of lower back pain. According to my chiro, my sacrum, ileum, and muscles in my lower back are all twisted out of place and because of the muscle involvement, my adjustments don't hold very long (2-3 days). Today, I went waddling in to see her after I hurt my back last night putting on my socks (pathetic I know) it was THAT easy to move back out of place.

Sorry you're in so much pain, it's no fun!

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:06 PM

My latest bout with pain was a spot just below my ribs. I recently got bigger (weird how it comes in installments) and it stretched out a place across my middle that has normally been quite taut. Good lord that hurt for a few days.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlein26
I'm not as far along as you (a little over 18 weeks) and I'm experiencing pain in my pelvis and lower back, especially after being on my feet a long time. I told dh that this is off to a bad start since i'm not nearly as big as I'm going to get. I think our bodies remember being pregnant and are adjusting more rapidly or differently to our expanding uterus...

A shower or bath usually relaxes my back though, have you tried that?

Best wishes!
I had this pain last time as well...but later on in the pregnancy. Everything seems to be happening sooner this time around, you're right, it's like my body remembers.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesamin
I had this pain last time as well...but later on in the pregnancy. Everything seems to be happening sooner this time around, you're right, it's like my body remembers.
Yeah I had it starting around my 6th or 7th month onward...now at 5 months I'm already in pain...

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
Old 05-24-2006, 05:45 PM

I definately am with you here!: At first it was just my low back and hips. Now my hips ache so bad I can't sleep. Plus my pubic bone feels like it could pop apart after I walk around for a while and it even hurt to get out bed this morning- not that laying there was that comfortable either! I feel like everything is ready to pop apart. I know the hormones make ii all relax but you'd think they could leave you some support! Anybody have any ideas for relief of the pain? I do the hot bath with epsom salt and that helps but it isn't real relaxing to have a 12 month old giving you all her bath toys and hollering for you to reach out of the tub and entertain her when you just want to lay back and rest!

Me : DD 5/05: DS1 7/06 : DS2 11/07: DS3 3/10
Old 05-24-2006, 10:41 PM

Yes! It hurts getting into the car. I have to move my leg if I want to try and cross them and then it feels like my hip is going to pop out somehow. You are definately not alone. I feel a little better when I lay on my back (I know it's supposed to be a no-no but it hurts when I lay on my sides. I'm dreading the next couple months.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:46 PM

YES! So happy to see this thread! For me, the pain isn't around my pubic bone, it's actually lower & I think it's coming from my coccyx/ illeum area & is worst at night when I'm sleeping on my side (I've always been a side-sleeper & now that I can't sleep on my back, that's the only thing I want to do!). The pain goes away w/ movement & walking so that's good- just wish I could sleep!

I have pain & sometimes numbness & tingling in one particular spot on my rib, just under my breast. It's the weirdest thing, cause it's just in that one spot, can't be bigger than a nickel, & has lasted for about a month.

2 in August, when getting in the car, see if you can sit on the seat first & then try to bring your legs in together (as best you can) & reverse for getting out. Keeping your legs together might feel better.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:55 PM

LOL Oh yes, I remember this from late in DD's pregnancy. Debating whether or not I *really* had to pee so badly to make it worth the pain of standing up.

I've been having another "down there" pain. Babe is using my cervix as a trampoline. Just last night, DH and I were walking through the store, him slightly behind me. I was in the middle of a sentence when all of a sudden I kind of jumped up and lurched to the side and yelped "ouch!" : He got all worried (of course!) but all it was, was the baby "testing the gate" as in "hey, is this the way out?" DH thought it was much funnier than I did. :
Old 05-30-2006, 01:57 PM

Ugh!! I had SPD with dd and am just starting to hear some cracking down thar in the morning. I'm hoping that it doesn't get bad again.

This website has great info about pubic pain and possible treatments: READ ME!!

User Tag List