Anyone else NOT feeling a ton of movement? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-24-2006, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel some movement/sensations each day, but not a ton. I have only felt 2 BIG kicks total. I'm in my 26th week. Is this normal? It sounds like most people are feeling a lot of movement and seeing the movement on their bellies.
#2 of 12 Old 05-24-2006, 03:50 PM

I'm not sure there really is a normal that early - though later I think we're supposed to be counting or something.

Personally, I'm nearly 30 weeks and the last 4 weeks have really picked up, though before, I would only really feel bubbles and small kicks every once in a while. I wish I had written down when, but it was way after I heard that many women start feeling the quickening. Maybe it was 24 weeks or so?
#3 of 12 Old 05-24-2006, 03:57 PM

with dd I barely EVER felt her. I am guessing it was the placement of the placenta was just blocking her movements. You know the rule if you don't feel 10 or more movements in an hour you should call your doc (after 30 some weeks)? I am not sure I felt her 10 times the entire pg! But what I reminded myself was that I never felt her, so it wasn't a drastic change in movement I just couldn't feel her for some reason. So worry not I am sure it is just super AB muscles, or the placenta. As long as the movement or lack thereof is consistant I wouldn't worry!
#4 of 12 Old 05-24-2006, 04:04 PM

Wiggles and thumps and strange raspberry things, but nothing really big yet. And that's with a confimed placenta in the back (what is that, posterior?) where it shouldn't get in the way.

I think the organ punches and kicks that make you go "oof!" are still a month or two away. Really, Babe is only a little over two pounds yet.
#5 of 12 Old 05-24-2006, 04:12 PM

I'd love a calm baby. I've already had enough painful kicking this past month, I really think my babies all try to out-do the previous occupant!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#6 of 12 Old 05-24-2006, 05:10 PM

This little man has been SO quiet compared to ds. I've asked my dr at my last 2 visits and he said normal, frequent kicks are more commonly felt between 30-32 weeks.

I still feel movement pretty often (though there are entire days that I could swear I haven't felt a thing.) But, I've noticed that during my frequent middle-of-the-night pee breaks, he's pretty active. So, I must be sleeping through some activity

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#7 of 12 Old 05-24-2006, 05:20 PM

I'm not feeling as much as I was and I'm assuming it's due to position. Maybe I'm just overly optimistic, but I like to think that the baby is anterior so most of the knee and leg movements are toward my back where I can't feel them.

DD was breech and posterior and I felt EVERYTHING.
#8 of 12 Old 05-24-2006, 06:00 PM

Well, my baby is still head up and the placenta is out of the way and I am tiny so I have been feeling EVERY darn movement since about week 14 and so has anyone else with their hand on me. And my husband could SEE everything by about 19 weeks. And if they say the most movement is at 30-32 weeks and that is when the painful jabs come I am in trouble cause it is already pretty painful sometimes and I am only 28 weeks. But I am gonna enjoy it while I can. She won't be in there much longer! I think there is so much variety in this, if your midwife/doctor isn't concerned I wouldn't be.
#9 of 12 Old 05-24-2006, 07:12 PM

I feel very little movement still...a flutter every now and again during the day. She perks up a bit when I lie on my (shame on me) back before I fall asleep, then I get stronger kicks and the occasional twist and turn. Of course, when I mentioned it to the doctor, five minutes before I went into the office she did a full somersault. THAT I definitely felt.
#10 of 12 Old 05-24-2006, 10:25 PM

Breech baby with anterior placenta... so feeling lots of dull solid movements @ 27 weeks, but I think if she'd flip, I'd be happy and she'd be quiet. I take heparin shots, and she keeps managing to get this one bruise just so.....

I was freaking out at 19 weeks when I hadn't felt quickening yet. I think that it's different with every baby, position, and mama.

Oh, the sure way to get her to kick for me is to lie on my stomach. She gets very upset at the invasion of space, I guess...

Good luck,
Erin
#11 of 12 Old 05-25-2006, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesamin
She perks up a bit when I lie on my (shame on me) back before I fall asleep, then I get stronger kicks and the occasional twist and turn.
Same here - if I really need want to feel some action I lie on my back a little bit. I had really bad gas yesterday evening and lying on my side just didn't cut it but a pillow under my lower back worked wonders.
#12 of 12 Old 05-30-2006, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm feeling better knowing there's a range of what people are feeling!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page