baby hiccups? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-25-2006, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How often do you guys notice that your babies have the hiccups? It seems like mine gets them at least twice a day, and it's a really strange sensation.

just wondering........

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#2 of 14 Old 05-25-2006, 10:15 PM

I have never felt them! I didn't feel them with dd either. Either I have weird kids or my perception is off.
#3 of 14 Old 05-25-2006, 11:47 PM

I think he's had them a couple times but definately not daily.
#4 of 14 Old 05-26-2006, 08:16 AM

At least a few times a day, just like my other babies.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#5 of 14 Old 05-26-2006, 08:43 AM

A couple times a day, like ds did.

DS actually felt it the other day. I told him the baby has the hiccups and he thought that was hilarious!
#6 of 14 Old 05-26-2006, 12:11 PM

Don't suppose anyone can describe them? I never did pick them up with DD, and I can't say I've noticed anything with this babe, either. Unless I'm just missing something?

KC
#7 of 14 Old 05-26-2006, 12:22 PM

I've felt this just once so far with this babe. With ds, he hiccuped all the time

KC - this babe is vertex at this point, so I feel them down really low and they are so repetitive that, for me, is was really easy to figure out.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#8 of 14 Old 05-26-2006, 12:22 PM

They feel like little jerky bumps/kicks to me. I can tell b/c they are regular like when I have the hiccups not just random pokes and kicks. This baby gets them about 3 times a day. The other day I was laying in bed with dd - 12 months and she got the hiccups after eating. Then the baby inside got the hiccups too! They both were bouncing me around so that I was thinking I'd get the hiccups also!

Me : DD 5/05: DS1 7/06 : DS2 11/07: DS3 3/10
#9 of 14 Old 05-26-2006, 12:34 PM

It's happened a few times, but nothing so regular as once a day. It's just so rhythmic and repetitive that it is clearly different than the other kicks, shifts, jabs, etc. Pretty neat!
If I feel them down low, does that mean baby's head is down? Sometimes I swear the little fish is head up and moving back and forth every day!
#10 of 14 Old 05-26-2006, 02:16 PM

DD got them *all* the time, I haven't noticed this babe getting them yet. DD used to get them all the time the first couple of months after she was born too...it was really funny, she'd get so mad! Angry 2 month olds are the cutest things ever, I swear!

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#11 of 14 Old 05-26-2006, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAtThis
It's happened a few times, but nothing so regular as once a day. It's just so rhythmic and repetitive that it is clearly different than the other kicks, shifts, jabs, etc. Pretty neat!
If I feel them down low, does that mean baby's head is down? Sometimes I swear the little fish is head up and moving back and forth every day!
I almost always feel them way down low, which does mean head down. But then the other day there was a pause, some big moves, then about 20 seconds later I felt hiccupping up by my ribs.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#12 of 14 Old 05-26-2006, 10:56 PM

This babe has only had them once or twice, but ds#1 had them so reliably in utero that you could set a clock to them -- at least 4 times/day. I didn't need kick counts -- I had hiccup counts! He kept up that schedule for a few weeks after birth and they've sort of tappered off. But he still gets them more than most people (at least a few times/week).

Like other posters have said, they feel like very rhythmic jerks that last for a few minutes. The jerks are actually the shoulders moving, so if you feel them low, baby is head down, and if you feel them high, baby is head up. Ds#1 was otherwise a quiet baby in utero, so for dh, the hiccups were the only "kicking" he ever really felt. This kid is a totally different story ...
#13 of 14 Old 05-26-2006, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My new baby would get them everyday around 7pm when i was pregnant..now thats he's out..he gets them every day around 7pm..lol

he gets them and DH looks at clock..yup..715 hiccupps..lol
#14 of 14 Old 05-30-2006, 12:33 PM

Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't felt them!

I wasn't sure I was feeling baby movements at all until about 20 weeks & by then, the movements were HUGE. Maybe I'm just not all that sensitive to the little movements? Plus, I have an anterior placenta. Hmm..

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page