Kegels article - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-26-2006, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have to say, this time around I've been pretty horrible about doing my kegels. But, this article has inspired me to get busy!

http://chppm-www.apgea.army.mil/dhpw...loorHealth.pdf

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#2 of 6 Old 05-26-2006, 01:49 PM

I must hide this from my husband. He's been harassing me enough already about doing at least 150 a day. I even got in the way to work this morning with the 'do some kegals' command. I said something along the lines of 'Didn't I just tell you I was stressed out this morning? I will not do kegals.' I am one grumpy woman today.
#3 of 6 Old 05-26-2006, 02:13 PM

My OB told me at this point they are almost useless...you need to do them early to make them do a lot of good. I'm still doing a couple a day, but I'm *not* holding them for 10 seconds anymore...I hold them until it's uncomfortable and then I quit!

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#4 of 6 Old 05-26-2006, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie
My OB told me at this point they are almost useless...you need to do them early to make them do a lot of good. I'm still doing a couple a day, but I'm *not* holding them for 10 seconds anymore...I hold them until it's uncomfortable and then I quit!
Really? Last pregnancy, I started my Bradley classes and we learned how important these were and until I read the article, I forgot HOW important they really are.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#5 of 6 Old 05-26-2006, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peilover010202
Really? Last pregnancy, I started my Bradley classes and we learned how important these were and until I read the article, I forgot HOW important they really are.
I guess everyone has different views...that may just be his personal opinion. He said they are really important during the first two trimesters, but because of the pressure of the baby in the third tri, we can't get a "good" kegel. I was asking him about my "leaking" and if kegels would help...his answer was "yup, after the baby is born kegel like crazy and it will help a lot"

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#6 of 6 Old 05-27-2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie
I guess everyone has different views...that may just be his personal opinion. He said they are really important during the first two trimesters, but because of the pressure of the baby in the third tri, we can't get a "good" kegel.
Yeah, I was noticing they felt different and not as effective lately. A big difference between first trimester and now. Oh well, they can't hurt if I keep doing them now, right?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page