She's responding to sounds and light! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-27-2006, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am finding it so cute when Luna starts wriggling around in response to music, or when I lay outside with my shirt up so the sun shines on my belly. She especially responds to drumming and the violins and mandolins in classical and blue grass music. Today when I was laying out in the sun, Luna kept on pushing towards the light with her hands and arms. The other day, I giggled a bit as I startled her with the blender when I was making smoothies.

Now, I am finding myself singing more and more... My Kaya always responded to my singing and seemed to recognize the songs after she was born. For her, I often sang "got to have Kaya now" and "Dream a Little Dream" For Luna, I find myself singing "Turn Your Lights Down Low" a lot.

What things have your babies been responding to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2006, 10:22 PM

LOL, your noises sound so much more peaceful!
My 3 year old puts his firetruck that my MIL gave him next to my belly and turns on the sirens. You should feel Shrimp jump and kick! It's really startling.
He also sometimes gets the big flashlight and shines it on me, though I get a bigger reaction from sitting outside in the bright sunlight.

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 05-28-2006, 12:19 AM

I haven't tried the sunlight thing yet...then again we had sunlight yesterday for the first time in FOREVER it seems, I almost forgot what it looked like. But Croissant DEFINATELY responds to the sounds, esp music. I had the radio dial turned up the other day by accident and turned the radio on. She JUMPED. And whenever I play guitar she hops around and she loves that song by Jack Johnson "Upside Down"...probably because she IS upside down. And tonight I had my open mic and she didn't stop moving the WHOLE time. She either LOVES live music or hates it! I hope for the former.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:23 PM

Awwww... my Henry loves blue grass music too. Maybe one day they'll meet and fall in love and get married! I'm soo mushy right now.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:56 PM

I haven't noticed anything like that yet. I told dh tonight after we go to bed I want to shine a flashlight at baby and see what he does. I never did anything like that to dd so I'm wondering what he will do.

User Tag List