I'm melting!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-30-2006, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now I know that we're supposed to be all pleasantly pregnant right now, but does anyone mind if I start the kvetching threads? :

I tend to run a bit on the cold side, but apparently my thermostat is broken because it is HOT!! This weekend kicked my butt and it was only in the 80's!! With the humidity, I feel like we're living in the devil's buttcrack. We don't have an air conditioner, but I may just have to haul my waddlin' bum out to the store to buy one! I was also hoping not to buy any maternity clothes this time, but my fall stuff from dd is not going to cut it. Grrrr!!

Something tells me it's going to be a looooooooong three months!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2006, 02:02 PM

Oh, I feel you! It was in the low 90's here all weekend and the humidity is insane (why can't I be back in the Pacific NW right now??)

I blew up like a balloon with swelling in my hands and feet. It didn't matter how much water I drank or protein I ate.

It's going to be a long summer.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pease
Now I know that we're supposed to be all pleasantly pregnant right now, but does anyone mind if I start the kvetching threads? :

I tend to run a bit on the cold side, but apparently my thermostat is broken because it is HOT!! This weekend kicked my butt and it was only in the 80's!! With the humidity, I feel like we're living in the devil's buttcrack. We don't have an air conditioner, but I may just have to haul my waddlin' bum out to the store to buy one! I was also hoping not to buy any maternity clothes this time, but my fall stuff from dd is not going to cut it. Grrrr!!

I'm in NY too and it was AWFUL yesterday. Today I've got all the windows shut, fans going and I badgered dh into putting in the one ac we have...it's now chugging away and I'm sitting RIGHT in front of it. I don't do heat on a good day and with the added weight...ugh!! :
Old 05-30-2006, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pease
With the humidity, I feel like we're living in the devil's buttcrack.

OMG you are SO FUNNY!!! laughup I totally agree... I always wanted to be in my 3rd trimester during winter... boy did we screw up!
Old 05-30-2006, 02:31 PM

I owe my dh big time for working his butt off to get 2 of our 3 A/C's in the windows this weekend. I was so swollen Saturday morning (after being so hot all day Friday/Friday night) that I think he truly felt sorry for me. So we have A/C in our bedroom and downstairs. My office doesn't have A/C yet, so the laptop is on the dining room table. Thank God for wireless!
Old 05-30-2006, 02:34 PM

Yep - I am so not looking forward to the 100+ degree weather in store for the next 3 months...and the humidity.... It has already hit 100 a couple of days here in TX and it has been hovering in the 90s for the past few weeks. Luckily we have a pool at our apartment complex and will be using it quite often. I think I have finally decided to fork out the money to get our windows tinted in both cars.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:43 PM

Yep, time for my husband to put in the a/c this week for sure.
But strangely enough at the vegan potluck picnic we were at yesterday, as hot as it was, someone brought at hot soup and I ate two bowlfuls! Weird!!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 05-30-2006, 02:54 PM

I always develop a thing for hot soups and stews in the summer months. I figure it's balanced out by DH's passion for ice cream in the winter.

Fortunately, we have central air, and the A/C in the van works too. But we're already running 10 degrees above average around here (mid-nineties all week). I'm already telling DH "no, I don't want to go, it's too hot to be outside" - at 6 p.m.

At night, DD sleeps in a blanket sleeper. DH sleeps on flannel sheets and under a comforter. Me? Cotton jammies, no covers. And I'm not sure how much longer the jammies will last.

I figure I'm going to get a LOT of use out of DD's pool this summer. Either that or take a three-month trip to Alaska.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:08 PM

Michigan too! We had record temps and humidity over Memorial Day weekend, which is extremely rare. I can recall years of sitting and watching it rain into either my grandmother's pool or our campfire pit-take your pick. DH decided to throw out our window AC unit because it 'didn't work' and so the last 3 nights I've literally slept in my skivvies and tossed and turned all night. We had some wicked heat lightning/thunder a couple of nights ago, and it woke me up around 4 am. Then I was so hot, I barely was able to doze off the rest of the night. Ugh.

Yes, ladies. The next 12 weeks are going to be loooooong ones. I keep setting little 'milestones' to get to: a visit from my grandparents, father's day, opening grandma's pool, my MIL and nephews' birthdays on July 1, the
4th of July, mom's birthday on the 14th, dad's on the 22nd, mine on the 27th-and then, low and behold-AUGUST! I just keep those dates in my head-focus on the short term and hope the time passes quickly. Other than that, a nice shower right from the garden hose might help... LOL!
Old 05-30-2006, 05:34 PM

Yep, I'm in MI too and it's been awful. Dh put the air in last night because every time I moved I turned bright red and started sweating to death. We only have it in the living room, but with fans the bedrooms are doable. I've been only using a sheet since last week, threw the comforter off onto him. I think we'll be spending lots of time inside this year. The misquitos are bad already too and dd and I always get eaten up pretty bad.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:40 PM

What part of MI are you in? I haven't noticed the bugs too much yet-but I've also been hiding inside with the shades drawn, trying not to move and create any kind of heat from friction. LOL!

It's nice to know other Michigan mommies!
Old 05-30-2006, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I shouldn't brag, but in Seattle I'm not sure it broke 70 yesterday! It will get hotter, not NY hot, but hotter none-the-less. Not looking forward to it!

My last DD was born at the beginning of the summer, on a HOT weekend that seemed to last the rest of the three months. I would honestly be big and pregnant ANY summer day over having to sling/swaddle/rock/snuggle/BF a hot sweaty newborn!
Old 05-30-2006, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiogirlgr
What part of MI are you in? I haven't noticed the bugs too much yet-but I've also been hiding inside with the shades drawn, trying not to move and create any kind of heat from friction. LOL!

It's nice to know other Michigan mommies!
I'm a couple miles from Lake MI and MI Adventure. Right now I have about 20 misquitos(sp) hanging out on my front door screen waiting to try to get in to eat me when I go out to get my newspaper.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:00 PM

Ugh... it is so muggy and grody! Most days I feel like i'm walking through cheese.

Yesterday, we got home from the bookstore at 8:45pm, and then the door wouldn't open with any of our keys. Huh? So I had to sit down and nearly pass out while DH broke into the house. So muggy, and trapped outside, and had to pee, and so hot... I had to sit down to avoid fainting. Thanks a lot, Georgia!

Oh, and thank goodness for melon pops!

User Tag List