June Chit Chat Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-13-2006, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peilover010202
YES, those bra extenders are AWESOME! You can usually find them at fabric stores too.
I agree, they're a must!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2006, 04:28 PM

What are these bra extenders of which you speak?

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa
What are these bra extenders of which you speak?
Here's a link:

http://www.momshop.com/detail.aspx?ID=2038&Affiliate=5

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:57 PM

Oooh those are fun. I may end up getting some because I am on my last hooks now.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:27 PM

nfbmom - I'm right there with you taking the terbutaline! I went in last week for my bi-weekly NST (I'm GD and they are monitoring baby very closely) and was having lots of contractions so they sent me over to L&D. Got 6 lovely shots of the terbutaline - oh and they did that fetalfibronectine test on me too. Got to spend the night at the hospital and they sent me home the next day with a script for the terb. My ffb test came back negative, but since I had dialated to 1cm. they weren't comfortable letting me continue to contract. The first few days were awful for me - my body getting used to the terb - how about for you? I'm finally used to it though and feeling back to my somewhat, normal pg self...trying to take it easy as best as I can with three other kiddos to care for!!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Jen - I agree with vegan here. Cytotec is some nasty stuff. Have you thought about using EPO instead? I'd be tempted to post over (or search for) at the Midwives board to see what they would recommend IF an induction becomes necessary. Then, I'd ask at your next appt if you could try X, Y, and Z first. The EPO is supposed to efface you, so at that point, maybe only Pit would be needed. And, I've read some interesting stuff over at the Midwives board about using Pit to get ctx into a good pattern then shutting it off. GL! But honestly, if you don't feel you'll be supported in the way you need - maybe you should just call a few other providers in your area to find out the "standard" induction procedures.
I have to learn some more about EPO. I've heard of it mentioned here on MDC but don't know a lot about it yet.

I went to the hosp. birth center today to fill out the pre-registration forms and I overheard the nurses talking about using cytotec so I know that it is still common for them to use it there. So I am definately going to find out what other options there are.

I also talked to one of the nurses about some of their standard procedures (like eye goop, circ, hep b and vit k shot). She was pretty cool about it. She started off with the this is standard procedure stuff and how if they feel that we are putting the baby at risk they will have to step in on his behalf. But as I talked to her more, she started to whisper and basically told me that they can't force us to do anything and that they only do the vit k shot cause it's the quickest way to get it in so people don't complain about their babies having bruises. She did try to tell me that the eye goop could keep the baby from going blind and that it isn't just for stds so I have to research that so I know for sure so that somebody doesn't pressure dh into saying yes if I can't speak up. She also told me that other people have declined the hep b (and I didn't even bring that one up). She said the circ was also something you had to request, not a routine thing (I'm still putting no circ in my birth plan though.)
Old 06-13-2006, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 in August
I have to learn some more about EPO. I've heard of it mentioned here on MDC but don't know a lot about it yet.

I went to the hosp. birth center today to fill out the pre-registration forms and I overheard the nurses talking about using cytotec so I know that it is still common for them to use it there. So I am definately going to find out what other options there are.

I also talked to one of the nurses about some of their standard procedures (like eye goop, circ, hep b and vit k shot). She was pretty cool about it. She started off with the this is standard procedure stuff and how if they feel that we are putting the baby at risk they will have to step in on his behalf. But as I talked to her more, she started to whisper and basically told me that they can't force us to do anything and that they only do the vit k shot cause it's the quickest way to get it in so people don't complain about their babies having bruises. She did try to tell me that the eye goop could keep the baby from going blind and that it isn't just for stds so I have to research that so I know for sure so that somebody doesn't pressure dh into saying yes if I can't speak up. She also told me that other people have declined the hep b (and I didn't even bring that one up). She said the circ was also something you had to request, not a routine thing (I'm still putting no circ in my birth plan though.)
EPO = evening primose oil

I started using EPO at 37 weeks with ds, and by 38 weeks I was 90% effaced (that was my first internal exam).

Anyway, about the eye stuff, hep b, etc - you should just be able to ask for a waiver to sign to refuse all of that. And, believe me, they will throw the CPS word around if they feel that will convince you.

The eye stuff is for std's plus bacterial vaginosis (I think it's it.)

One more thing , cervadil is preferable to cytotec. You could ask your dr if she has experience using it. Is your dr a family practice dr by chance? Because, the last I'd read, cytotec used as a cervix ripening mechanism is off-label, and ob's aren't supposed to use it (under their Association - can't remember the name off-hand.)
GL! This is hard work, huh?

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:41 PM

Ugh, I have been SO healthy throughout this pg, even though DH has been sick, people @ work, etc, etc. Now I have this aweful cold... runny nose, sinus headache, coughing up gunk... ugh. : The muscles around my ribs are sore from so much coughing & sneezing. To add insult to injury, I've lost my sense of taste (it better freakin' come back!).

Thank goodness I'm not chasing a toddler is all I can say!

Thanks for listening to me whine
Old 06-15-2006, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

jenmidwife,

i hope you feel better soon. i just got through with two weeks of nasty allergies. it is not fun to cough and sneeze with a giant belly.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula Rose
jenmidwife,

i hope you feel better soon. i just got through with two weeks of nasty allergies. it is not fun to cough and sneeze with a giant belly.
Hope you're feeling better too!
Old 06-16-2006, 11:29 AM

I tell ya, maternity shopping sure is an all-or-nothing experience!

I went to Motherhood Maternity last night as a last ditch effort to find pants that fit. I tried on every pair of pants in the store, pretty much, from sale to front rack, jeans to shorts, khakis to drawstring linen. Nada. And then I got caught in a dress like a cantalope in a sock and nearly threw my back out trying to wriggle my way back to daylight. My last thought was, "Screw you, Motherhood!!"

Then I walked 2 doors down to Old Navy, found the 75% off Maternity rack and got a pair of nice stretch twill capris, a rollover tan sweatpant-material skirt and my favorite shirt in a 4th color, all for $16. There is justice!

So, the moral of this story is: go to the Old Nave 75% off maternity sale rack!! They even had bathing suits on there! No one knows it's there! I wanted to run back to Motherhood and whisper to all the other frustrated pregnant ladies where the real deals could be found.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee
So, the moral of this story is: go to the Old Nave 75% off maternity sale rack!! They even had bathing suits on there! No one knows it's there! I wanted to run back to Motherhood and whisper to all the other frustrated pregnant ladies where the real deals could be found.
Thanks! I think I need to get a bathing suit since my aerobics teacher loves to invite everyone over to her pool in the summer and give the kids free swimming lessons.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 06-16-2006, 06:26 PM

i am new to this site, but so far i like it.

i am playing the pre-term labor game, and sit on comp all day while i am grounded (bed rest)

i still have so much to do. maybe i should do so of that instead of sitting on comp. hmmm maybe later

looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:38 AM

I finally dared to step on the scale...I've gained as much at 31.5 weeks as I did full term with my 9lb.5oz. baby #2!!! AGH!
Probably has something to due with the yummy baby shower cake, the lack of exercise, and the fact that the only foods that agreed with me during all the morning sickness time was white bread crap and candy. Ugh.
I'm depressed. I'm going to be gigantic. It will take forever to lose it all.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 06-17-2006, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selena_ski
i am new to this site, but so far i like it.
Hi, and welcome! Always nice to have someone new join the club!

- Krista

Old 06-17-2006, 09:58 AM

Quote:
EPO = evening primose oil

I started using EPO at 37 weeks with ds, and by 38 weeks I was 90% effaced (that was my first internal exam).

Anyway, about the eye stuff, hep b, etc - you should just be able to ask for a waiver to sign to refuse all of that. And, believe me, they will throw the CPS word around if they feel that will convince you.

The eye stuff is for std's plus bacterial vaginosis (I think it's it.)

One more thing , cervadil is preferable to cytotec. You could ask your dr if she has experience using it. Is your dr a family practice dr by chance? Because, the last I'd read, cytotec used as a cervix ripening mechanism is off-label, and ob's aren't supposed to use it (under their Association - can't remember the name off-hand.)
GL! This is hard work, huh?
Thanks for the info. EPO sounds interesting. My problem is that my water broke at 35 wks last time. I'm trying to last at least that long this time but since I'm starting to have the same probs I'm not sure how much longer I've got. So I don't want to start it to soon and cause myself to go early, but I don't want to wait to long and not have it work.

The nurse did say that they did have waivers, I was hoping I could sign them now, but I guess they are hoping that after I deliver it will be easier to convince me to go with what they are saying.

I thought that cytotec wasn't used as much anymore. But then I heard them talking about it. I'm going to ask about cervadil or other options they may have.

It was much easier when I didn't know everything I do now. But, I feel like a better mom because of the decisions I'm making now so that more than makes up for being a horrible patient, lol. They only have to deal with me for a day or two, my kids are mine forever.

Thanks again!
Old 06-17-2006, 10:04 AM

Jen - I hope you are feeling better soon! I've had a sinus headache the last couple days, darn pollen, lol.

Selena - Welcome!! looking forward to getting to know you better.

VeganF - I know it's hard, but don't worry about the wt. If you eat healthy after pg you'll lose it. That being said, I was worried about gaining too much too and then the last couple weeks I haven't gained much at all (even though I'm still eating about the same), so maybe there is a little plateau that you hit after gaining steady for awhile. Really who knows why our bodies do what they do to us.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:07 PM

Welcome Selena!

Krista, sorry to hear you're feeling down about the weight : I really admire how healthy it sounds like your family eats (all the sushi- yum!) & I bet you loose the weight in no time chasing 3 kids around!

Jen, thanks for commiserating about the sinus congestion. Hope you're feeling better. & good luck navigating the induction stuff w/ your doc... I've got my fingers crossed that you can make it to term.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife
Krista, sorry to hear you're feeling down about the weight : I really admire how healthy it sounds like your family eats (all the sushi- yum!) & I bet you loose the weight in no time chasing 3 kids around!
I never quite lost it all from the last 2, because I keep getting pregnant darn it! I just feel like I shouldn't gain as much since I hadn't lost it all. I'm eating really well again after feeling better, but I'm just hungry all the time (doesn't seem to make a difference if it's all protein or not). And drinking soooo much water it's amazing.
I thought I felt double hiccups the other day, but I think I was deluding myself because I just feel so huge because this baby is so often transverse; I think it was just baby kicking in rhythm with the hiccups though.

Old 06-19-2006, 12:18 PM

Just wanted to whine a little to people who I know will understand...

I feel awful (whine). Can't breathe, too hot, clumsy, exhausted because I can't sleep, back hurts (whine), toddler climbing all over me constantly, clothes don't fit, did I mention it's hot (whine) and ugh (whine whine whine).

In short, I'm ready for August.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesamin
Just wanted to whine a little to people who I know will understand...

I feel awful (whine). Can't breathe, too hot, clumsy, exhausted because I can't sleep, back hurts (whine), toddler climbing all over me constantly, clothes don't fit, did I mention it's hot (whine) and ugh (whine whine whine).

In short, I'm ready for August.
ditto. I have to say that my last pg was in such a better time of year, dd was born Feb

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 06-19-2006, 12:38 PM

Yeah, dd was born at the end of March,a nd it was beautiful and sping and lovely.

Even though the heat is making me unbelievably miserable, I still don't want August to come any time soon.

Old 06-19-2006, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

one of my biggest to dos on my to do list is figuring out how to give birth in my house and not have it feel like a sauna!

we live in oregon, but august nights can be 90 degrees plus. we do not have air conditioning and our bedroom is on our second floor. :

i can't figure out how to deal with this. i do not know of anyone who has a portable air conditioner that i can borrow.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:45 PM

That's my problem. It gets over 100F here plus the humidity. We have an ac unit in our bedroom, but I can't imagine staying in one roomf or lng.

Old 06-19-2006, 01:12 PM

Yep, hot & humid here too. The coolest room in our house is actually our great room/family room/kitchen & has a nice ceiling fan, so I'm planning on spending lots of time down there.

On second thought, how about a basement birth?!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

basement birth would be absolutely perfect IF it wasn't so basement like down there. all of the nesting in the world wouldn't make it a peaceful, pretty place!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:40 PM

Our basement is disgusting, dank, and smelly. Our house is almost 150 years old, and there is an old bricked up well in the basment, and so everything is always moist down there.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:28 PM

well, yesterday i started having frequent painful contractions, at 33 weeks 3 days. had to go to hosp, and get the terbutaline shot. they will let me deliver next week if i have to go in again. i am really trying to make it to 37 weeks, so i can have my planned birth center birth.

hold on little baby, it's not time yet.

i am already so sick of just sitting and doing nothing. (i may actually call MIL for some one to visit me, and i don't really like her)

How do you nest when you can't get up, how do i feel prepared for new baby when so much needs to get done. i am just so frustrated, just a little vent.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
well, yesterday i started having frequent painful contractions, at 33 weeks 3 days. had to go to hosp, and get the terbutaline shot. they will let me deliver next week if i have to go in again. i am really trying to make it to 37 weeks, so i can have my planned birth center birth.

Oh I hope the baby waits until it's time! Keep us posted!!

Old 06-19-2006, 03:10 PM

Quote:

I hope the little one stays in 4 more weeks...

tara

User Tag List