June Chit Chat Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 145 Old 06-27-2006, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee
Just listening through the door as my animal-befuddled husband ran around swatting at this confused, dive-bombing rat with my kitchen broom in his saggy little boxer briefs and one sock was really amusing.
laughup In my husband's old store, baby mice would occasionally fall from a missing tile in the ceiling, right into the garbage can next to the cash register. The poor guy who worked at the counter just about died the first time it happened. Then my husband would always walk the mouse to an empty field after the store closed at midnight.
We used to have pet mice too, rescued from the medical labs at Harvard U.
But we also have a 'four seasons' contract with a pest control company. Mostly because of carpenter ants, but he's been making sure we don't have any wild mice running around in the eaves too.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#122 of 145 Old 06-28-2006, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee
Oh. My. Gawsh.

Birth stories are already appearing on the JULY boards, and not for preemies... for 7 and 8 pound babies, even twins! We're getting so close!

:

I'm just totally blown away. You mean this thing has to come out of me???
Yep, and did you hear how it gets out?!?! :
#123 of 145 Old 06-28-2006, 11:15 AM

ME

Stress, lack of sleep, an out-of-town DH, allergies and/or strep throat, and a cranky toddler do NOT make for a happy pregnant lady.

Feel sorry for the dog. He's taking the brunt of it. Oh, I haven't hurt him or even yelled at him, but it's a good thing he can't understand the names I'm calling him.

Oh yeah, it's a good day to go do my hospital registration. :
#124 of 145 Old 06-28-2006, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC in KS
ME

Stress, lack of sleep, an out-of-town DH, allergies and/or strep throat, and a cranky toddler do NOT make for a happy pregnant lady.

Feel sorry for the dog. He's taking the brunt of it. Oh, I haven't hurt him or even yelled at him, but it's a good thing he can't understand the names I'm calling him.

Oh yeah, it's a good day to go do my hospital registration. :
Let's bitch and moan together shall we!! My husband's just left for a week in Ohio, the boys just got over a 24 hour fever thing and now I feel I may be getting it (thank goodness it's a quick one), and now it's raining AGAIN so we'll be stuck inside.

And I'm trying to put together the "emergency call list" for child care during labor, hospital transport info, etc. Blech.
At least I have almost everything on the "birth supplies" list from last time, so I don't need to spend a fortune at the drug store.

We don't have a dog, but the parakeet will be lucky not to starve while my husband's away, since I have to climb up on a chair to reach the cage.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#125 of 145 Old 06-28-2006, 04:55 PM

I just got back from a measuring u/s. I am 32w5d and A was measuring just one cookie away from 5Lbs, at 4lbs 15oz in the 59th percentile. And B is 5lbs 5 oz in the 68th percentile :! And of course I am still hoping to grow them for six more weeks or so! Both are currently head down, yay!
#126 of 145 Old 06-28-2006, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingWearin'Mama
I just got back from a measuring u/s. I am 32w5d and A was measuring just one cookie away from 5Lbs, at 4lbs 15oz in the 59th percentile. And B is 5lbs 5 oz in the 68th percentile :! And of course I am still hoping to grow them for six more weeks or so! Both are currently head down, yay!
WOW! Congrats mama you are doing a great job! And both are head-down, can't beat that!

Will your dr allow a vaginal birth if they both stay head down?

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#127 of 145 Old 06-28-2006, 05:26 PM

Quote:
That's awesome!!

#128 of 145 Old 06-28-2006, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Way to grow those babies Jenn! Out of curiousity, are the percenticles the same for singletons & twins, or is there a seperate chart for twins?

On a totally different note, can I just say "HOLY CRAP we're going to need a JULY chit-chit thread in 2 days!" Where has the freakin' time gone?! :
#129 of 145 Old 06-28-2006, 06:10 PM

That's excellent Sling! I've never heard of twins doing so well!! You must have a magical womb.
#130 of 145 Old 06-28-2006, 06:37 PM

Jenn~ that is awesome your twins are so big! Great job!

The rodent stories are hilarious! We became proud parents of 2 hamsters that dh calls "the rodents" they are so fun. The kids love them!

I can't believe how time is flying by! I hardly have time to get on mdc! I haven't been on here much lately. It is so hot and smoky here! Last weekend we topped out at 112* it has "cooled" down to 102-4* the last few days. The forest fires are horrible though. Over 50,000 acres has burned within 20 miles of our town. And another 17,000 acres about an hour away. We had ash falling yesterday, today it is just smoky. We can't go out and enjoy our pool because we can't breathe the air!

I got my birth kit in the mail Monday. Going through it I realize how close we all are! I also bought a set of hanging scales to weigh the baby. I can't wait to use it! This babe is so active! I am so amazed with the amount of movement that I feel. I have never had a baby this active before! Braxton Hicks are really starting to hurt now as well. I don't remember BH hurting this much, anybody else have really painful BH? Sometimes I have to stop and concentrate on them. I'm not too worried as they aren't consistent (less than 4 per hour) and when I checked myself I am not effaced and only fingertip dilated.

Have a great day!
Sarah
#131 of 145 Old 06-28-2006, 06:43 PM

Thanx everyone...The magical womb I love that

Steph- I just need baby A vertex for a vag. birth.

Jen- It is the same chart. However it is normal for them to begin slowing their growth rate around nowish due to room issues.
#132 of 145 Old 06-28-2006, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumani
This babe is so active! I am so amazed with the amount of movement that I feel. I have never had a baby this active before! Braxton Hicks are really starting to hurt now as well. I don't remember BH hurting this much, anybody else have really painful BH? Sometimes I have to stop and concentrate on them.
Same here, up until today, LOL. Movement has been almost NON-STOP. Today it's just been "normal". But today I've also had way more BHs than ever before, and they have been mildly painful. As long as Shrimp stays put another 3 1/2 weeks I don't much care!!

#133 of 145 Old 06-28-2006, 06:50 PM

on the twins being good sized and both head down. Mine will not coperate and flip : I think A was head down but now I think I'm feeling feet down again I have an u/s tomorrow we'll know for sure then.
Last growth u/s B was 50th% and A was in the 30's

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#134 of 145 Old 06-28-2006, 07:15 PM

Quote:
wow that is pretty amazing

tara
#135 of 145 Old 06-28-2006, 08:55 PM

Quote:
That's great!!! My dd was born at 35 wks and was 5lb 5oz. Way to grow those babies!

Azreial -- Sending baby flip vibes your way!
#136 of 145 Old 06-29-2006, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial
on the twins being good sized and both head down. Mine will not coperate and flip : I think A was head down but now I think I'm feeling feet down again I have an u/s tomorrow we'll know for sure then.
Last growth u/s B was 50th% and A was in the 30's
I hope A flips for you! It's hard to think they still have room to flip but they do, B just went head down a day ago...
#137 of 145 Old 06-29-2006, 11:35 AM

First I asked the doc for a VE, to make sure these BH aren't making any cervical changes. Nope, still long and only dialated 1 cm. She ordered a fetal fibronectin test just to be sure, and it came back negative. So apparently I can go on BH-ing to my heart's content. :

Also asked about my allergy attack - turns out it's actually a cold, maybe a sinus infection. Oh, you mean there's a *reason* I feel like crap? Here I thought I was just being whiny. :

Then I gave her my birth plan to review and sign. No problems there.

But with all this stuff going on, we both totally forgot to check the BABY. No measurement, no hear-the-heartbeat, nothing. Ooops!

Also did the hospital registration paperwork. They're usually pretty accepting of natural birth - didn't have any problems with them about it for DD's birth. But the registration gal read in my record that I did get an epidural for DD, and was totally shocked that I didn't want to sign up for another one. Went so far as to remind me that I HAD had one before (like I'd forget?) : Anyway, I declined to sign the permission slip, and I've warned DH that we'll have to watch that the nurses don't make the same assumption.

I also declined to sign the consent for circumcision form. Totally haven't discussed it with DH this time around, and we never *really* resolved it last time. So I sent him an email saying I'd refused to consent, and if he still had an issue with it he needed to schedule time for us to talk about it. So there!

Down to two-week intervals now... oh boy.
#138 of 145 Old 06-29-2006, 12:26 PM

Oh my gosh...I hurt today. Is this what it's going to be like the rest of the pg? I've had it really easy so far, but today my belly hurts all over, and I either have a sore muscle or a foot stuck in my back. And breathing has become something I appreciate much more, I feel asthmatic lately! I gave up my parking pass for the garage a block away ($66 a month) and am now paying $200 to park in my building for my last month of work. Yuck. I just can't walk a block outside without stopping at least once to catch my breath, and I've always been in perfectly good shape! I feel like *such* a baby.

KC, I'm totally with you. I kind of yelled at a customer service person the other day. She was snotty, but not snotty enough for me to melt down the way I did. And I threw the item in question (not *AT* her, but still, I threw it down to the floor--hard). Then I started crying and couldn't stop for a couple of hours. Yay hormones

Sigh...whine over. I am still loving feeling baby moving around, and I feel really good overall...just not today!

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#139 of 145 Old 06-29-2006, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie
Oh my gosh...I hurt today. Is this what it's going to be like the rest of the pg? I've had it really easy so far, but today my belly hurts all over, and I either have a sore muscle or a foot stuck in my back. And breathing has become something I appreciate much more, I feel asthmatic lately! I gave up my parking pass for the garage a block away ($66 a month) and am now paying $200 to park in my building for my last month of work. Yuck. I just can't walk a block outside without stopping at least once to catch my breath, and I've always been in perfectly good shape! I feel like *such* a baby.

KC, I'm totally with you. I kind of yelled at a customer service person the other day. She was snotty, but not snotty enough for me to melt down the way I did. And I threw the item in question (not *AT* her, but still, I threw it down to the floor--hard). Then I started crying and couldn't stop for a couple of hours. Yay hormones

Sigh...whine over. I am still loving feeling baby moving around, and I feel really good overall...just not today!
Gosh, me too. My belly just ached last night on both sides - can of like it was stretched beyond what it should be.

And, I've been a major baby these days - totally hormonal, emotional - and my dh just doesn't get it. Hello? I've been pregnant before! : As soon as I got home from work last night, up drives MIL and wants to take ds to Wal-mart to pick out yet another ridiculous toy. Of course ds wants to go - and I was SO excited to be home to see him. And, I was SO not in the mood to see MIL, so dh took ds out to her car and off they went. I immediatley started crying and dh rolled his eyes and said "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?" and walked off. Ugh! My MIL and I don't really get along anyway - but she's been over to our house 12 of the last 14 days. It's absolutely insane and I feel like staying at an unknown hotel after the babe is born (with ds and dh) and NOT tell her where we are! Blech!

#140 of 145 Old 06-29-2006, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie
Oh my gosh...I hurt today. Is this what it's going to be like the rest of the pg?
Yes, oh, ugh, bleh. I agree. The past two days I have really been starting to get achy. I just want to be in a coma for the rest of this!!

#141 of 145 Old 06-29-2006, 05:40 PM

I'm with the rest of you, just ugh. I didn't do anything yesterday but I felt totally zapped of all energy and will to move. AND to top it off, I keep misjudging how big my belly is and wacking into things/people with it. Strangers love that, let me tell you.
#142 of 145 Old 06-30-2006, 12:16 PM

Another ultrasound today...

So we've been doing monthly u/s since 20 weeks because of some medication I take. Anyway, I've never had an u/s this late before and it was pretty amazing!

We got a gace shot of this little man with ds's nose and chubby little cheeks, so his HAIR and there appears to be alot of it (according to u/s tech) and he has a rounder head than ds apparently (according to the u/s tech).

Not that these measurements really matter, but estimated weight is 5lbs7oz and he's measuring at 35w0d (I'm actually 34w2d). I'm just glad he's growing like he should be since IUGR was one of the possibilities with the med I have to take, so it was a relief to see he's moving right along. Still head down near my cervix and spine is on my left side.

#143 of 145 Old 06-30-2006, 08:22 PM

Steph, that's great news. Glad to hear everything is going well for you!

Just think tomorrow is July!!!
#144 of 145 Old 06-30-2006, 09:32 PM

Steph, that sounds like great news! Glad to hear babe is growing well!
#145 of 145 Old 07-01-2006, 09:26 AM

WOW. Someone in the October DDC just had her baby. A little 1lb.2oz. baby girl. I'll be thinking about her! I hope she does well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page