June Chit Chat Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! I'm so excited that it is June! Hooray. I don't know about all of you, but I'm ready to have this baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 01:02 PM

Me, too! Today is day 200 for me, so 80 days left!

Well, give or take 2 weeks. But still! An exciting milestone!

I'm now wondering which of us will go first... maybe our twin mamas? It was crazy to read the June DDC and see a baby born in April. We're getting there!
#3 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 02:26 PM

I've got no idea how many days until baby-day, but I do know I've only got 18 more days of work!

I'm retiring (or as DH puts it, changing careers) to be a SAHM on June 30. I alternate between can't-wait and scared-stiff
#4 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 02:41 PM

Um, uh oh.

I just called to schedule the pre-admittance paperwork at the hospital. The nurse said they usually do it 6 weeks before EDD, so that's the first of July.

Really? That soon? Uh boy.

(Maybe I should have been warned, since after my next monthly OB appt I go to the bi-weekly schedule.)

I'm not ready for this. I need a few more months. :
#5 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 02:53 PM

I'm just psyched that in 2 weeks our CSA pick-ups will start! I love getting all the fresh yummy food.
I'll attempt a link to some photos of my boys at our local CSA yesterday (middle 4 photos); it was Ryan's first time really doing work there; he spent almost 2 hours helping to plant out the bok choy!: http://www.vegpeople.com/cgi-bin/gos...=unread#unread

I guess I've got between 8-13 weeks to go! Please let it be 8 or 9 though!!

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#6 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 03:32 PM

[QUOTE=KC in KS]I just called to schedule the pre-admittance paperwork at the hospital. The nurse said they usually do it 6 weeks before EDD, so that's the first of July.
QUOTE]

Hmmm, first of July? Really? Okay, starting to have a little anxiety about the baby's room right now.

So, let me ask those of you who are birthing in the hospital - when are you taking your birthplan in? My dr asked me to take it in soon (I'm 30w along) - but it seems weird to just drop in and say "Hi, Dr. S wanted me to bring my birthplan by. It's already in my chart." The dr said he didn't want me to wait until pre-admittance and definitely not when I'm in labor. I just don't want to come across as crazy 10 weeks before my edd.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#7 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 04:11 PM

I am so glad it is June! It is simply beautiful in NY and we are loving it as Spring sweeps over our 17 acres. We've got most of our veggies in our garden and I can't wait until we can harvest! Salad greens should be ready to pick within a week! I am excited to learn how to save and store some of our organic veggies so that Luna's first tastes of veggies can be the homegrown stuff!

The exercise has been making me sleep like a log and I feel pretty strong despite being noticeably fluffier (and not just in the belly!)

Our girls, Nico and Kaya, are so excited there's only 2 more months left until we meet our baby Luna!
#8 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 04:28 PM

Is anyone doing a birth plan that is having a home birth? Is this necessary? I feel completely overwhelmed and unprepared that it is already June. But I don't know why. I can't think of anything I have to do...it is just that I haven't ever done it and it is kind of scaring the crap out of me right now...but then again I wish it were August now! It is too diggedang hot to be bigger than this for two more full months!
#9 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 04:29 PM

Yes, I'm ready to have this baby! Not everything is done but I'm getting tired of my maternity clothes! The baby has already dropped - actually it dropped acouple weeks ago - but it feels like its getting lower and lower if that's possible!: I need to get up and clean the house and pull out more stuff for the garage sale this weekend but I walked to the post office and now I am WORN OUT. Only 8 -10 weeks to go. I hope for the shorter time!

Me : DD 5/05: DS1 7/06 : DS2 11/07: DS3 3/10
#10 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerTwilight
Is anyone doing a birth plan that is having a home birth? Is this necessary?
I think it depends on your midwife, whether it's your first birth, and how many things are on your "wish list" or "don't do" list.

I sort of did a rough one for my first baby, showed it to my midwife, and me mostly discussed what I DIDN'T want (which she didn't usually do most of anyhow).

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#11 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 04:59 PM

I am so not ready for it to be June. This pregnancy is going by way too fast.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#12 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 05:33 PM

I can't believe it's June already. Dd's room is about 2/3s done. Yay!! I've been nesting like mad the last week or so.

I've been thinking of writing up a birthplan and bringing it to my next appt. I want to be sure to talk to my dr about it because I'm doing things a lot differently this time around and I want her to know ahead and if I need to sign anything for the no eye goop/no vax/no circ, I want to do it ahead of time. My friend's baby is 5 wks old today and that just flew by so I know the next 5-10 are going to fly by too.
#13 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 05:59 PM

You know how we use NAK to indicate Nursing At Keyboard, kind of a shorthand for "please excuse all the typos and misspellings"?

I need to start using TWP - Typing While Pregnant, to mean the same thing. All that relaxin charging around my system means I can't type worth a darn any more.

I counted. I've made 17 typos (so far!) in just this post alone.
#14 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 06:16 PM

Where has the time gone!!

May simply flew by but ended wonderfully! My sister had her baby (#4 for her) at my house on the 30th!! It was wonderful. Just my sis/her dh and me. Beautiful 8lb 6oz baby girl. They went home (30 min drive) yesterday. We are all missing holding her baby. I am all excited to have my baby now! 8-12 weeks for me, hopefully in the 8-9 range! It is already getting hot here 101* today! We are getting a new a/c unit next week! By the end of July it will be 110*+ and 115*+ by mid August. Our yard and swimming pool will be finished in the next 2 weeks, I can't wait to lounge around all summer long! Exercising in the pool will be heaven as well! If any of you are in So. Utah feel free to drop by and cool off with us!

Happy Gestating!
Sarah
#15 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 06:29 PM

At my last midwife appointment, I got the list of things that I need to have ready for the homebirth. I can't believe it's that time already. I'm also at the point where I have to start going in every two weeks instead of every month now. We did find an amazing set of mdc parents for this baby (thanks to all the help from fellow mdc moms), so the adoption is still happening. I feel kind of left out not getting to buy new diapers or anything. But I've been using my nesting urges as a great motivator to re-organize and decorate the house some. We've lived here six months and I'm just now starting to make it look nice.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#16 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaya
At my last midwife appointment, I got the list of things that I need to have ready for the homebirth. I can't believe it's that time already.
My midwife tried to do that too, but couldn't find where she put her list , so next time (her house is as messy as mine...makes me feel good! ). I probably have everything I need anyhow from last time.
I asked her about using a cord bander instead of a cord clamp this time. She said the other midwife who will be assisting might have one. Has anybody used one of these instead? It just seems so much more convenient not to have the big cord clamp in the way.

#17 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 10:17 PM

I, for one, am really grateful it's June. The time couldn't possibly go fast enough for me! The Dr started me on terbutaline today. I have read all the studies on whether or not it works and am just not convinced one way or another so I will take it and hope it's better than nothing. Then in a few weeks the Dr will do the betamethazone shots. I also got the fetalfibronectin test done today and that result will be back on Monday. Then all we can do is wait and pray we make it at least 6 more weeks, I'm 31 weeks today.
#18 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee
I'm now wondering which of us will go first... maybe our twin mamas? It was crazy to read the June DDC and see a baby born in April. We're getting there!
Hey! At least speaking for this twin mama I want these babies to cook as long as possible and for me to be complaining that I am big as a house until y'all get fed up with my overdue complaining haha
#19 of 145 Old 06-01-2006, 10:40 PM

I am with all you mamas here-can't believe it's June already, but am glad that time marches on. After seeing that tiny baby at the airport the other day, I'm ready to hold my own little one! Only 10/12 weeks to go-depending on if you believe my OB or me. Hee hee! I hope the time goes quickly....
#20 of 145 Old 06-02-2006, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerTwilight
Is anyone doing a birth plan that is having a home birth? Is this necessary? I feel completely overwhelmed and unprepared that it is already June. But I don't know why. I can't think of anything I have to do...it is just that I haven't ever done it and it is kind of scaring the crap out of me right now...
I'm planning on doing a birth plan for my homebirth. Whether it's necessary totally depends on you, but for me there are some things I really want to do or avoid, so best to let everyone know (mw, birth ass't, possibly a doula).

My midwife's info binder that she gives ea client includes a 5 page birth plan worksheet. It's really helpful to look at something like that to help you define your ideal birth...

I should be freaking out right now, but I'm too tired. Anyone else *really* pooped these days? I feel bad for my toddler, having such a sloth for a mama right now.

Things for me to freak about:
find a chiro or OD and get aligned
find a hb/bf/ap/cd/nonvaxer-friendly ped (HA ha!)
find a new place to live--yup, lease is up 5 days b/4 my "due" date
figure out what cloth dipes to use, and purchase
think of a boy's name
#21 of 145 Old 06-02-2006, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfbmom
I, for one, am really grateful it's June. The time couldn't possibly go fast enough for me! The Dr started me on terbutaline today. I have read all the studies on whether or not it works and am just not convinced one way or another so I will take it and hope it's better than nothing. Then in a few weeks the Dr will do the betamethazone shots. I also got the fetalfibronectin test done today and that result will be back on Monday. Then all we can do is wait and pray we make it at least 6 more weeks, I'm 31 weeks today.
Wow, I don't even know what half that stuff IS! I hope it works and does whatever you need it to so that baby will stay in long enough!!

#22 of 145 Old 06-02-2006, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlec
I should be freaking out right now, but I'm too tired. Anyone else *really* pooped these days? I feel bad for my toddler, having such a sloth for a mama right now.
I feel so bad for my boys when my husband's away. My 3 year old says, "PLAY with me mama", and sometimes I just say "I can't, I'm sorry." I feel so guilty. I always say "I'll read to you or sing a song with you", but sometimes he just wants to run around, so it's really hard when dada's gone.

#23 of 145 Old 06-02-2006, 01:21 PM

Quote:
nfbmom - I'm so glad you posted - haven't seen any posts by you lately. I was getting worried I'm sorry you are having to take all that yucky stuff but I hope it works wonders. Are you back on bedrest?

#24 of 145 Old 06-02-2006, 02:12 PM

I'm on partial bedrest, which I think is harder than full time because it's easier to get people to help me when I can't do anything. The baby is super low so I worry all the time that he is putting too much pressure on my cervix plus any kind of ctx will push the baby further down, hence the terbutaline.

I went for about a week and a half with very few ctx but suddenly they have picked up with an intensity. Last night I had several that woke me up and I was shaking because it was so intense. This morning it has settled back down to about 3 an hour so hopefully it stays that way.

veganf, the fetalfibronectin test is a way to know if I will be going into preterm labor in the next three weeks. It's pretty reliable if it's neg and would put all of our minds at ease. If it's positive it's not so reliable. It just means that I *could* go into labor.

The betamethazone shot is to help mature the baby's lungs faster in case I do go into labor.

The biggest thing overall is that I'm struggling emotionally. Not just normal pg hormone stuff either. I'm close to tears all the time. I don't really like telling people this but sometimes at my super low times I pray that this baby will just come so I can be done with it all. It's not just the ctx and incompent cervix crap. The heartburn is so bad I'm not getting any sleep. I have PUPPS and a vaginal yeast infection and have had pneumonia twice in the last 6 weeks. Add the pubic seperation stuff and the sciatic nerve pain and I really struggle just to get through the day. I just wonder how much more this body and my baby can take. My thyroid has been low and we have increased my meds but sometimes it can take 2-3 weeks to take full effect. I just pray thats what it is and I don't have to feel like this the remainder of the pg.

Sorry, it seems you've opened a can of worms and may have gotten more than you asked for. I don't like to complain because I don't like being a whino but sometimes it just suddenlly all comes out!
#25 of 145 Old 06-02-2006, 04:30 PM

Quote:
The biggest thing overall is that I'm struggling emotionally. Not just normal pg hormone stuff either. I'm close to tears all the time. I don't really like telling people this but sometimes at my super low times I pray that this baby will just come so I can be done with it all. It's not just the ctx and incompent cervix crap. The heartburn is so bad I'm not getting any sleep. I have PUPPS and a vaginal yeast infection and have had pneumonia twice in the last 6 weeks. Add the pubic seperation stuff and the sciatic nerve pain and I really struggle just to get through the day. I just wonder how much more this body and my baby can take. My thyroid has been low and we have increased my meds but sometimes it can take 2-3 weeks to take full effect. I just pray thats what it is and I don't have to feel like this the remainder of the pg.
I don't think I'd wish PUPPPs on my worst enemy. I only had it for a few weeks last time, but it was worse than poison ivy, mosquito bites and chicken pox combined!!! I cannot imagine having other issues to worry about on top of that. I don't know how you're doing it, but it's amazing, and I totally can understand how you'd like to just have the baby now with all you're going through.

#26 of 145 Old 06-02-2006, 04:55 PM

[QUOTE=nfbmom]The biggest thing overall is that I'm struggling emotionally. Not just normal pg hormone stuff either. I'm close to tears all the time. I don't really like telling people this but sometimes at my super low times I pray that this baby will just come so I can be done with it all. It's not just the ctx and incompent cervix crap. The heartburn is so bad I'm not getting any sleep. I have PUPPS and a vaginal yeast infection and have had pneumonia twice in the last 6 weeks. Add the pubic seperation stuff and the sciatic nerve pain and I really struggle just to get through the day. I just wonder how much more this body and my baby can take. My thyroid has been low and we have increased my meds but sometimes it can take 2-3 weeks to take full effect. [QUOTE]

I'm sorry I have no idea what you are going through. But, I did have PUPPS with my first pregnancy and it's no fun at all. I remember scratching in my sleep and it was dh's job to "stop" me (because I'd make myself bleed.) So, I can't imagine that topped with a YI and pneumonia plus all the contractions, meds, etc.

I know exactly what you mean about just wanting baby out. I'm being monitored for IUGR and everything looks great so far. But, before every u/s I tell myself that IF the dr tells me we're experiencing IUGR, that I'll be ready to have the baby just to keep him safe.

Mama, hang in there. You are doing such a great job and there are many of us on this board thinking of you!

#27 of 145 Old 06-02-2006, 05:49 PM

nfbmom,
Sorry you are going through all that. I can't even imagine.
Don't worry about sounding whiny. If you need to talk we are here.
Jen
#28 of 145 Old 06-02-2006, 06:23 PM

Quote:
The Dr started me on terbutaline today.
I went off and on that med during my last pregnancy. It actually worked really well for me. So well that Zayla didn't come out until after 42+ weeks of pregnancy. It also didn't make me feel yucky like all the other meds did. I hope everything works out for you and the baby. Feel better and hang in there.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#29 of 145 Old 06-02-2006, 11:59 PM

June, ALREADY?
I am so ready to be done with this pregnancy, and then , I could stand to be pregnant a little longer! My dd turns 1 next week, and I'm starting to get teary-eyed over that, but then I think, OH NO! She's not walking!!!! And she's getting heavy, and My belly is finally growing......I'm also starting to freak out over how I'm going to manage staying home with two of them by myself all day.......
other than that, Looking forward to August, it can't get here fast enough, especiallly since it is so hot and the AC just went out in our car!
#30 of 145 Old 06-03-2006, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyGrace'sMommy
My dd turns 1 next week, and I'm starting to get teary-eyed over that, but then I think, OH NO! She's not walking!!!!
I think that was my #1 worry when I was pregnant with #2. He did finally start walking at 13 1/2 months, and he was 15 months 1 week when his brother was born, so by then he didn't need to be carried so much thank goodness! But going up and down the stairs was still challenging for a while with the two of them. And bedtime was difficult for the first few months. But you'll get by. I hope you all enjoy the first 1st birthday!!

- Krista

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page