The Good, The Bad...& THe Ugly - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 06-03-2006, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pregnancy vents/gratitudes and horrors, please join in the fun:

THE GOOD: My skin is clear and soft and "radiant" (yes, people actually tell me -- a non-pregnant acne sufferer -- that I am glowing)

THE BAD: I want a cosmopolitan so bad I am actually dreaming about them at night...in my dreams I am at a bar having a cocktail AND a cigarette.

THE UGLY: THe whole shaving-the-bikini-line issue is becoming a bit of a problem. I won't elaborate, but trust me...it's ugly. I think. I can't see.:
#2 of 22 Old 06-03-2006, 05:18 PM

Glad to know I'm not the only one having shaving issues.

~Robyn mama to
James, Sean, Christopher, and Michael~

#3 of 22 Old 06-03-2006, 06:12 PM

i stand on a stool in front of the bathroom mirror to try and get a somewhat acceptable bikini shave!!certainly is wonky these days

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
#4 of 22 Old 06-03-2006, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaChameleon
THE UGLY: THe whole shaving-the-bikini-line issue is becoming a bit of a problem. I won't elaborate, but trust me...it's ugly. I think. I can't see.:
Tell me about it!! I've had to get rather creative to get the job done right!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#5 of 22 Old 06-03-2006, 07:04 PM

Ohh, this is a good one!

The Good: My hair is really thick and fabulous right now. It doesn't always behave, but I've got a TON of it.

The Bad: I'll see your bikini-shaving problem, and raise you 2 swolen feet.

The Ugly: Burping, farting, acid reflux, take your pick. I am gaseous and smelly more often than not.

LOL! Hang in there ladies! The third trimester is definitely here!
#6 of 22 Old 06-03-2006, 07:21 PM

Good: Even at 30 wks, some days I still don't feel pg.

Bad: Can't get comfy at night, wake up every couple hours to switch positions.

Ugly: Bikini shaving issues here too
#7 of 22 Old 06-03-2006, 11:46 PM

Good: Every kick makes me smile (can you tell it's my first?

Bad: I agree with August, can't sleep

Ugly: Hmm, not too fond of my expanding butt and double chin...

--k
#8 of 22 Old 06-04-2006, 12:12 AM

oh, no. That reminds me that DD starts swim lessons on Monday and I'm not sure that my boyshorts deal with the bikini line issue entirely. I might shave one last time and then I'm bringing in the professionals for a waxjob. I noticed painting my toenails was a bit of a challenge tonight too. Pedicures here I come!

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#9 of 22 Old 06-04-2006, 08:48 AM

Good: Like radiogirlgr, my hair looks great.

Bad: I hate depending on other people to pick up heavy things for me. My impatience does not help this, as I would rather do it my d*mn self and get it over with.

Ugly: Stretch marks!! I have more lines on my upper thighs than a zebra.
I HATE THEM.

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#10 of 22 Old 06-04-2006, 10:46 AM

Good: I like my cute round belly. I also like having a shelf to rest things on. It's very helpful when matching socks.

Bad: Not being able to eat as much as I'd like. I always get full before I'm ready to stop eating and then I'm sick for a long time if I do decide to take that last bite!

Ugly: The pain that feels like you've been on a horse too long! LOL It kept me up until 1:00 last night cause I couldn't get comfortable. I have many, many more uglies but these are on my mind the most right now.
#11 of 22 Old 06-04-2006, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieV
I might shave one last time and then I'm bringing in the professionals for a waxjob.
OMG you are so brave...I wish I could stand it cuz I would get Brazillians, but I can't take the pain.....funny how I can withstand natural childbirth but not a wax.
#12 of 22 Old 06-04-2006, 10:31 PM

the good: the belly, feeling the baby move and feeling very godess like

the bad: how did my butt get that big (though that could aslo fall under the ugly )

the ugly: I have to agree with the shaving thing DD was a spring baby so there was no need to shave in the last trimester

tara
#13 of 22 Old 06-04-2006, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh how funny!!!!!

Let's see . . .

Good: I have been sleeping MUCH better this pregnancy. Maybe because I have a nice mattress instead of a hard-as-a-rock futon?

Bad: Nursing DD it's so painful! I can't wait for the sensitivity to be gone!

Ugly: Trying on bathing suits today. UGHHHHH! I decided to attempt to forgo the bikini-line issue and try on boy shorts. Luckily, those fit well and looked reasonably decent. It's the tops that are the problem. I'm quite well-endowed, so now not only do I have to find a suit that fits my 6' body (which means one-pieces are out), I have to find one that fits my 36 F chest without looking like a freakin' hoochie! I wouldn't normally care about getting a suit, as I rarely swim, but we're going to visit family for three weeks and will be doing LOTS of swimming. I'm so fed up with trying on suits!!!!!!!!!!!!
#14 of 22 Old 06-05-2006, 12:10 AM

mamamilkers...I got a tankini by Freya. It's a lingerie brand and it has actual bra support in it, and comes in bra sizes. I was able to get a 36F top and bottoms separately. It was spendy ($90!) but I'll be able to wear it post pregnancy and worth it to have something that fit with support. I found it at a lingerie shop that sells freaking everything.

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#15 of 22 Old 06-05-2006, 12:21 PM

The Good: I my belly!

The Bad: Heartburn, trying to get comfy in bed

The Ugly: My bikini line too, but thankfully dh does a good job of fixing it for me!

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#16 of 22 Old 06-05-2006, 12:26 PM

The good-everyone is so nice to pg women! Men jump up to give me a seat, people help me do stuff...it's great. And I feel really healthy except for the heartburn, so I've been lucky so far.

The bad--I don't always *like* having to ask someone to pick up whatever it is I just dropped, and I can't always do it without falling. I'd love to be self sufficient again! Oh, and I really miss sleeping on my tummy

The ugly...my spider veins in my ankles are suddenly really prominant. Ugh. And I don't want to *think* about bikini shaving...I think I'm going to skip swimming this summer. Let alone buying a swimsuit...I tried on two and both of them made my butt look even more ginormous than it really is. How did my butt get that big, the baby is in front!

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#17 of 22 Old 06-05-2006, 02:08 PM

I love this DDC! You guys always make me laugh! Even though I dont post often i frequently read.

the Good- My DH is being nicer to me in a few ways. And everytime i make a noise or rub my belly, he says "are you okay?"

the Bad: Sex is terrible I dont want to deprive my DH but COME ON! There are only a few positions a pregnant gal can handle it, making it feel good is another story. : ( any suggestions? ) Can you say "Are you done yet?" :

The ugly: ( maybe that was the Ugly) : ugly would easily describe the pain i have in my back/butt/legs (sciatica) and me flopping around in bed all night trying to get comfortable. I bet it would make a funny video though.
#18 of 22 Old 06-05-2006, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybw
the Bad: Sex is terrible I dont want to deprive my DH but COME ON! There are only a few positions a pregnant gal can handle it, making it feel good is another story.
: : :

Oh woman you are speaking my language...I am a person in my normal life who can't get enough, never felt touched out, always wanted more, always ready , needs no foreplay...etc.

But sweet lord I am NOT loving pregnancy sex, never have and never will. I was hoping it would be different this time, but I basically am like, party's over. Wait til the baby is born and then back to business. Closing down the shop. Going on holiday.
#19 of 22 Old 06-05-2006, 04:27 PM

Well, lets just say that we've been getting creative with alternatives to actually dtd. It's working out really well for us and it's kind of fun to experiment.
#20 of 22 Old 06-05-2006, 04:49 PM

The Good: I feel great, beautiful, powerful, hopeful and amazingly womanly most of the time. I have never been so content. I love the kicks and hiccups and cute baby clothes. I loved wearing a bikini to the pool and beach to show off my tummy. I love how cute and maternity clothing seems after my normal artsy/all black clothes. I can't wait to meet other new mothers, as i've had trouble making new friends in the area!

The Bad: Husband does not find me particularly attractive, and I don't have a libido, anyway. Acne is gross, and I can't use any of the usual remedies. I can never find jeans that fit, and the maternity shirts that *do* fit never seem to fit my enlarged 36DDs. The 3-hour GTT comprised 4 of the worst hours of my life.

The Ugly: Constipation and indigestion. Blech! :
#21 of 22 Old 06-05-2006, 05:02 PM

The Good: Not worried about being fat!

The Bad: I'm getting fat!

The Ugly: More than just my belly is getting fat!

Okay, there's way more to pg than that, but I'm feeling a little snarky today! BTW - I love pregnancy sex. There are those "touch me and you're dead" days, but they are pretty rare.
#22 of 22 Old 06-06-2006, 12:13 PM

Good: clearer skin, bouncier hair, my leg hair has almost completely stopped growing, loving those baby kicks and gyrations (I think I've got a baby Elvis )

Bad: the invisible changes...like in my personality and moods. My aversion to vegetables, my sometimes not liking being preggers at all, my pickiness about food and everything, awkward sex moments, bumping into dh with my belly all the time (when did my kitchen get so small??)

Ugly: trying to catch my pee at the midwife visits is getting harder and harder with my big old belly in the way!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page