Any interest in a Bead swap? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 07-12-2006, 05:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I mailed mine off today!! Woohoo!! And I want to apologize in advance for my crappy handwriting. I missed the post about doing it on fancy paper. I had to do it on swing-shift at work (the writing part, that is) and I don't want anyone to think that just bc it is on boring computer paper with chicken scratch writing that I did not put a lot of thought into it.

VBAC mamma of two little Vikings
#32 of 54 Old 07-12-2006, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

no need for apologies, that was just a suggestion! I'm sure yours are lovely and even more personal because they're handwritten. I wanted to make sure mine were legible so I had to print them out DH was amazed at all the different places they were going, I gues he and his brother used to vacation with his dad in Incline Village every summer!
#33 of 54 Old 07-12-2006, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgansmom
DH was amazed at all the different places they were going, I gues he and his brother used to vacation with his dad in Incline Village every summer!
Now THAT is a small world!! Of all the places in Tahoe...

I also think it would be fun if everyone said WHY they chose the beads they did. What caught your eye about them, what feeling it gave you to have you buy them, etc. Of course, I thought of this AFTER I'd mailed mine off, so I didn't write it on the paper. But maybe once we all receive all the beads, that could be fun to post here?

#34 of 54 Old 07-12-2006, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajenkatt
I also think it would be fun if everyone said WHY they chose the beads they did. What caught your eye about them, what feeling it gave you to have you buy them, etc. Of course, I thought of this AFTER I'd mailed mine off, so I didn't write it on the paper. But maybe once we all receive all the beads, that could be fun to post here?

I didn't do this either, but they are self explainatory...My birth blessings are hand written as well!! I guess I don't read very well either!! I mailed mine off yesterday, so you ladies should be receiving them really soon!! I'm sooo excited to make a necklace!!!

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#35 of 54 Old 07-13-2006, 11:15 PM

Oh, my gosh, I'm such a space case, I totally forgot about this until I got my first beads today!!

so I will be picking up beads on Saturday when I'm downtown near the super cool bead store sans toddler and I'll mail them Monday. Just letting you know I won't make the 15th deadline but will get on it ASAP!!! babies stay put!!

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#36 of 54 Old 07-14-2006, 01:36 AM

Mine will be in the mail tomorrow...I hope you can all read my chicken scratch!!
#37 of 54 Old 07-14-2006, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

I hope nobody is worrying about what their blessings look like, I didn't mean to say they had to be a certain way, I was just trying to give ideas! : I think hand written is lovely and personal and I'm sure everyone's will be beautiful and meaningful. Thanks so much to everyone who is doing this!
DH was supposed to mail mine at the grocery store early this week, but I just saw yesterday that he didn't so I just did it yesterday. Hopefully they get there soon!
#38 of 54 Old 07-19-2006, 02:14 AM

I have gotten two so far--and I am trying to keep a sense of humour about this. One envelope was torn in half, so the bead and the blessing were both gone. In the second envelope, one of the beads was shattered. I hope this is not a foreshadowing of what is to come with my VBAC!

#39 of 54 Old 07-19-2006, 02:19 AM

I'm trying to keep my sense of humor as well...the first beads I received were broken I didn't even think to wrap mine in bubble wrap I hope that all of the rest will be okay...sorry in advance if you ladies receive broken or lost beads...

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#40 of 54 Old 07-19-2006, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

well here it's 2 for 4... the beads had rubbed a hole right through of one of the envelopes and another was broken, but it's nice to get the thought anyway! Hajenkatt- your VBAC is going to go great, don't worry! There's still more beads to come... hopefully.
Which reminds me- if anyone hasn't mailed beads yet, try to do it this week because as I'm sure everyone knows, babies are going to start coming left and right! Yay!
#41 of 54 Old 07-19-2006, 12:11 PM

I received one broken, one missing...but the blessings were inside. It's been so much fun to get the envelopes!

crochetsmilie.gif mama to DD 8/06, DS 9/09

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul jammin.gif
#42 of 54 Old 07-19-2006, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajenkatt
I have gotten two so far--and I am trying to keep a sense of humour about this. One envelope was torn in half, so the bead and the blessing were both gone. In the second envelope, one of the beads was shattered. I hope this is not a foreshadowing of what is to come with my VBAC!
One of mine was missing the beads, but the blessing was still there. And one had a hole but one bead was left.
Otherwise I've received 4 others. Yay!
I realized that everyone else put two stamps or some extra postage on their's, and I just put one stamp, so I hope mine make it!!

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#43 of 54 Old 07-19-2006, 12:51 PM

I mailed mine a few days ago. So far I've received five, but two were missing the beads. I hope mine get there ok.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#44 of 54 Old 07-19-2006, 06:06 PM

Okay I have gotten real lucky! I have received 6 ALL containing their beads. One had a little hole/rubbed area but beads were still in there!

I hope mine make it out okay!
#45 of 54 Old 07-20-2006, 12:55 AM

Mine are finally on their merry way...sorry it took me so long but I had to finagle some time to get to the bead store without DD...believe you me that's NOT a place that anyone wants to take her!

Krista yours made it to my house and they're lovely! Made me wonder whether I should bother with the extra postage...but I sprung for it to be sure since they're getting out late anyway.

I've gotten 6 or 7 so far and today was the first envelope with the beads rubbed out but the blessing was still there so oh well! All the others have been just perfect.

we need to take pictures of what we do with our beads once we've gotten all of them!

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#46 of 54 Old 07-20-2006, 03:36 AM

I also paid the extra shipping to have my envelopes hand-cancelled. If any of mine show up and the beads are missing PLEASE let me know and I will send more. I bought extras just in case! I got a few more in the mail today, and nearly all were ripped/torn. At least the beads were in all but one. What the hell is the post office doing? That is three that I've gotten now that the beads are either missing or shattered.

#47 of 54 Old 07-20-2006, 07:55 AM

I bought extras too and i will definately send more if you let me know that you're missing beads...at least now I know to secure them better!!! I received two more yesterday and they were in perfect condition!! I love all of the beads and most importantly the blessings!!! Thanks mommas!!

#48 of 54 Old 07-20-2006, 03:05 PM

I've recieved one but the bead was broken AND I got one of the ones that I sent out back...the envelope was torn completely in half!!!! I'll have to resend that one.
#49 of 54 Old 07-20-2006, 08:54 PM

what is up with the torn envelopes? did anyone recieve thier mother-of-pearls from me (Natalee)?? i hope so, i am going to be so upset if the post office tore them up. :
#50 of 54 Old 07-20-2006, 09:05 PM

I received the mother of pearl bead. It's very beautiful! Thank you!

I just got one of my envelopes returned to me today though, for "insufficient postage" because it's more than "1/4 inch thick", which it's NOT!! : So I'll be resending that tomorrow.

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#51 of 54 Old 07-20-2006, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_angels
what is up with the torn envelopes? did anyone recieve thier mother-of-pearls from me (Natalee)?? i hope so, i am going to be so upset if the post office tore them up. :
I got mine today and it's beautiful!! It's going right in the middle of the beads I have for myself. I also got another bead from someone else...I think there were supposed to be two in the envelope, but there was a hole in the bottom where it must have escaped. Our wayward beads are floating all over the US right now!!
#52 of 54 Old 07-21-2006, 12:54 AM

i received an envelope today with an appology from the post office...the envelope had a huge hole in it which they taped so at least I got the blessing!! The blessings mean so much more anyways This has been really fun and it gives me something to look forward to everyday...I already started on my necklace YAAYY!!

#53 of 54 Old 07-24-2006, 03:16 AM

Who sent the dragonfly charm? I had several torn envelopes and the charm was actually sitting in the P.O. Box instead of the envelope! At least it made it!!

Natalee--yours was one of the torn ones, and there wasn't a mother-of-pearl bead in there. But I did get the blessing!!

#54 of 54 Old 07-24-2006, 08:13 AM

I got another envelope back with a different sticker from the post office plastered on the front and back with a different reason they wouldn't send it : . They just don't make any sense! Anyhow, I sent my husband to the post office to resend them both on saturday (he's actually taking the weekend off, I'm so thrilled!), along with my baby shower swap package.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page