I'm getting beyond depressed and nostalgic about this being my last pg... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-29-2006, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have decided that this is it for us. But my DD was 10 months old when I got pregnant. So my pregnancies have been very close together. I love being pregnant. There are aspects I don't like, of course, but this is my absolute favorite part, having a nice belly and feeling the baby move all the time. With my first I was 5 days overdue and I still wasn't in that mode of "Get this baby out!" It's a little rougher this time because it's summer and hot and I have a toddler to run after and who still needs to be picked up a fair amount, but still. It's gone by so, so, so fast and I can't believe it's almost over and this is the last time I get to do this. I think that's part of what's bothering me too, is how quickly the time has gone. And a lot of days I just don't feel ready to be a mom of 2! (too late now I guess!)

Does anyone have any ideas how to get over this? Or at least suck out and savor every last moment of what's left?

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2006, 10:49 AM

I'm so sorry that you're feeling sad. I don't have any advice but couldn't read and not respond. I'm in the opposite boat right now. I'm so thrilled knowing this is my last (pregnancy's been really rough) but I know as soon as I'm done with the pregnancy part I will be so sad. I hope you get some great advice from some of the other wiser mamas!

Shannon
Old 06-29-2006, 12:46 PM

I am with the PP and am celebrating the fact that I won't be having any more babies. I am not a good 'pregnant person' and am looking forward to so many things-mostly having our family complete. I came from a family of 2 and DH from a family of 5, but we are both comfortable having just 2 kids. Perhaps, if someday we want another, we will adopt a needy child from another country, or this one!

I'm sorry that you're feeling sad. Why not just leave the decision 'open ended' for now? You and your SO might feel differently about more a ways down the road.

Take care and hugs!
Old 06-29-2006, 02:14 PM

I also want to be DONE NOW!!! But I could imagine that even though I hate being pregnant, KNOWING that I was not going to have any more babies would make me depressed and nostalgic. I may not end up having more, but I think saying 'definitely done' would make me sad. So if you LIKE being pregnant, it must be even harder for you.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Old 06-29-2006, 02:15 PM

Oh big I agree with pp about leaving the discussion open-ended for now. I mean really, in another 5yrs, when things aren't so chaotic with 2 little ones, you both might decide you want another? I have no idea. But, I do know that earlier in this pregnancy, I told dh I was done - we'd adopt after this. But now, I'm not so sure. And, he's not either.

With all of the hormones and emotions going on right now, it's really tough for me to decide things like the color of bath towels or sheets, let alone being done having babies.

But, if you are certain this is it - I would probably try to take as many photos as possible to remember your belly, maybe even have a belly cast made, and spend a little one on one with this babe before labor starts.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:16 PM

Set up a professional photography session, do a belly cast, get a henna tattoos on your belly. Do all the things you want to do pregnant so you never regret not doing them.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the suggestions and sentiments ladies!

the thing is I really have no desire at all for a third CHILD...Just the pregnancy part has me nostalgic. Maybe somewhere down the road I'll be a surrogate for someone.

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
Old 06-29-2006, 08:10 PM

Oh I think that you would make an excellent surrogate! What a terrific idea! I've often wondered what kind of woman it would take to be a surrogate for someone-and now I can see how it happens. You're inspriring me to look at my pregnancy a little more positively. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2006, 09:57 AM

I would definalty wait a bit before making the final "no more babies" I felt like you do when I was pg with dd. So sad about not being pg again etc. We really thought we wouldn't want anymore since she and ds are so far apart. By the time she was a couple months old dh and did a lot of talkign about maybe having #3 in a while, 2-3years apart. We'd still go back and forth. I think we had both decided that we wanted another. We were saving all the baby stuff, even mr get rid of everything NOW! was putting too small clothes aside "just in case" etc

Then we had our oops, our BIG oops This pg I feel done. Even though until recently its been my easiest pg. I'm done. I feel very content. Nothing at all like I felt near the end of my other pg's, no morning for loss of this wonderful state. Just enjoying what time I have and thinking about meeting these babies in a few weeks.

I feel like the universe wanted me to have these 4 : little people and that's why I never felt content about the end of pg. That why I always morned the loss of those feet agsinst my ribs and the wiggles that keep me up at night. Now I'm right where I'm supposed to be.
I also think thats why we're having twins because even if I was sad about never being pg again, we would have never had a 4th child. Even before we got married dh and I talked about 1-2 kids (I already had ds). We were both very sure in not wanting more than 3 kids. Usually I'm more about 4 kids than twins

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 06-30-2006, 09:38 PM

On one hand I'm a little sad that I'll never be pg again. But on the other hand since my body seems to not like being pg and does weird things I'm eager to just getting back to being me not a walking science experiment. I do much better with babies than being pg. I think I'll be more sad as he reaches milestones like my last baby's first smile. Everything that's a first will also be a last.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:26 AM

I am also sad about this being my last, I love this stage of being pregnant but can not handle the stress of early pregnancy again, added with DH's "advanced" age there is no way we are having another. I am trying to enjoy every day of this wonderful experience

tara
Old 07-03-2006, 12:51 AM

I'm feeling the same way! This is our last and while this hasn't been an easy pg, I know I'll miss it. There's so much I love about being pg, and about the baby stage, that I know I'll have baby fever in the future. But we know this is our last, and they are also close together in age.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieV
thanks for the suggestions and sentiments ladies!

the thing is I really have no desire at all for a third CHILD...Just the pregnancy part has me nostalgic. Maybe somewhere down the road I'll be a surrogate for someone.
Not from your DDC, but I just had to respond.

I'm feeling very much the same way as you and I'm not even sure this will be my last pregnancy. I wasn't ready to be done being pregnant with DD either. That's actually what led me to do a surrogacy. I wanted to be pregnant again but we didn't want a baby at the time. I feel sad almost every day that this pregnancy is almost over. The time has just gone so fast! We're going to have a third just so I can be pregnant again (and because I want three kids too!). I'd do another surrogacy, but I'm getting older and I really don't want to carry twins again!

I wish I had some suggestions, but I really don't. I just try to take this pregnancy one day at a time and really enjoy every moment of it (well almost....SPD and sciatica are hard to enjoy )

Take care mama!

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10

User Tag List