labor dream - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-29-2006, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had the strangest, most vivid dream last night, and it was the first one I've ever had about labor...

The dream began where I thought I was having contractions, but wasn't sure. (In real life, I haven't felt any Braxton-Hicks yet.) The nurses at the hospital asked me a few questions, and then I felt something that I KNEW was a real labor contraction. I had the strongest burning sensation in my lower uterus area (this is my first pregnancy, so I guess this is how I subconsciously imagine it to feel). I nearly fell over, and the nurses held me up while I pushed out.... the placenta. (It wasn't gross in the dream, actually.) They held it up like you see doctors hold up babies in movies, and took a look. Then they said I had to stay in the hospital b/c I was having the baby that day. (I know, weird how the placenta came first!) I said I wanted to call my husband, and they said I had to send him a telegram because he was in Virginia (he really is going there for a week at the end of July). I was shocked that I couldn't just call him on the cell phone and had to send a telegram, but then my mother and sister (who won't be there for the real thing) just suddenly appeared and everything seemed fine. The reality that I was going to have the baby that day kicked in, and I got very nervous and excited, and then I woke up. :

Any thoughts? Isn't that a weird dream?

~ Amber (EDD 10 Aug)
#2 of 6 Old 06-29-2006, 04:14 PM

Maybe weird, but not as disturbing as my dream last night of giving birth to an 11lb.6oz baby girl!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#3 of 6 Old 06-29-2006, 04:15 PM

Well, yeah, it's weird, but then I think most labor dreams are.

I can't tell you how many times I've dreamed I was having a contraction only to wake up and wonder "was that real?"
#4 of 6 Old 06-29-2006, 06:26 PM

Not weird to me. I've had several labor dreams over the course of this pregnancy - they all seem too good to be true (relatively painless and at home and super fast.)

Sounds like you may be just a little concerned about your dh being away from you so close to your edd though. Maybe you should talk it out with him so that you have good feelings about the impending birth.

Steph, wife to C, mama to O :, E , and I :.
#5 of 6 Old 06-29-2006, 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=peilover010202]Not weird to me. I've had several labor dreams over the course of this pregnancy - they all seem too good to be true (relatively painless and at home and super fast.)

I'm having the easy painless labor dreams too! I'm hoping that means I'm not scared and show my positive feelings about what's to come.
My DH is always absent in the dreams too...what's up with that? It's always random people from my past who help me deliver.
Weirdest dream so far? The one where I gave birth to a beatiful baby girl.....bat! yep a bat. I know...
#6 of 6 Old 06-30-2006, 08:44 AM

I had a dream a oucple of nights ago that I had to go over and help dh's cousin's gf deliver (they live next door) She was in the kitchen and just saying over and over "I'm lesbian I have no idea how I got pg" Then while I was helping her I was going into labor : So I'm trying to catch her baby, her breech baby at that, while trying to keep mine in.

PG dreams as just so bizzare

When I was pg with dd I kept having labor/birth dreams and dh wasn't there. He was out, or downstairs sleeping and didn't hear me yelling for him etc. We actually talked about it a lot and firgured out that I was worried about how he would do during that birth. That he wouldn't be able to "be there for me" He had been expressing a lot of anxiety about the birth and how he was going to handle it, fear of the unknown kind of stuff. So that prob helped trigger it.
Closer to the end, after we talked and talked and talked somemore , I did start having dreams with him around. Sometimes it was just him coming in at the end but he was still there. So it might be worth a talk with your dh, there might be some concern deep down that your dream is trying to tell you

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page