Stretch marks - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-30-2006, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So my mom had them so I've been fully expecting them. But last night I noticed their arrival and I was so sad. Sad not as much that they were here but were they were.

For months I've been dutifully rubbing my chest, belly, sides with oils and butters and creams. But apparently I should have been rubbing up the tops of my thighs in the front. I never expected to be getting stretch marks there. :
#2 of 10 Old 06-30-2006, 04:33 PM

Yep, got 'em there too. I haven't added any more than the little ones I got last month on my belly. But most of what I got last pregnancy I got at the very end in the last couple of weeks.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#3 of 10 Old 06-30-2006, 05:45 PM

the top of my butt looks like it belongs to a tiger
#4 of 10 Old 06-30-2006, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

veganf - my pants have been getting tighter and so making my belly itch more, especially when it leaves red marks. I remember you (?) talking about your stomach hurting and then checking in the bathroom and seeing the marks. I guess now I don't have to worry about the itchies since I didn't feel that one coming!

3_angels - thanks. Now I have someplace else to worry about!
#5 of 10 Old 07-01-2006, 10:58 AM

My sister got most of her strecth marks on her thighs too. Mine are on my belly with a few on my side.
Personlly I kinda like them sits a sign that I'm growing good sized babies I've been looking and looking for new ones to start popping up this pg, the finally started a few weeks ago

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#6 of 10 Old 07-01-2006, 11:52 AM

I was so happy, felt like I wouldn't get them at all... then at about 26 weeks... It was just as she stopped light kicking and starting pushing her whole body and feet into my stomach... it was like she was stretching me out herself

They all came in a matter of 2 weeks : I thought they were going to get ugly and big... they haven't, thank goodness.. I just have a ton of thin pinky stripes all over my belly - I am proud to grow a healthy baby, but I will admit, I cried when I first saw them.

Mantra: "I've got highways for stretch marks, see where I've grown... Ani DiFranco"

Alternate mantra: "They will soon be silver, and I will have no time to worry about them"

Whichever one works for you

P.S. I have refused to examine my thighs or butt too closely....
#7 of 10 Old 07-01-2006, 12:21 PM

Ugh, and here I thought that at 30 weeks without any, that would mean I avoided them entirely. You mean to tell me that they often come around this time or later? Ugh...

I can't recall, if you get them, do they remain forever? or is it possible to have them go away?

Tofie ~ mama to DD1, DD2 and Pookie v3 debuting December 2011
Oh my God....women are the COWS of PEOPLE!! --Reese, Malcolm in the Middle
#8 of 10 Old 07-01-2006, 09:08 PM

When I was pg with my ds I only had 2 over each hip until he dropped, 39 or 40wks. Then they popped out all over. I actually sat in front of a full length mirror and watched them it was crazy.
They don't really go away but they do get lighter. They look like silvery skin

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#9 of 10 Old 07-01-2006, 11:51 PM

I was all happy too because none so far any pregnancy, but DD was born at 35 weeks, I never thought of them appearing at the end. Thankfully I can hardly see my thighs and aside from a very obvious stretching out (why do we need maternal fat stores in our thighs sheesh) they appear to be the same as before

tara
#10 of 10 Old 07-02-2006, 09:24 AM

I still have them everywhere from my first pregnancy. I haven't gotten any new ones. The old ones on my belly are just darker. The ones that bothered me the most were the ones I got behind my knees. I started crying when I saw those. I thought I had lucked out and avoided stretch marks on my breasts but then the moment my milk came in, I got them there too. . I look like one big road map. I don't think I am going to get any new ones this time. I started my first pregnancy 30 pounds heavier than this one. I am still 10 pounds away from my prepreg weight of that one so my skin is getting a break.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page