Anybody else experience this? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-30-2006, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=477417

My post is getting snubbed in the pregnancy forum. Do these sound like braxton hicks to you guys? I'm still getting a couple every hour, but they're much milder today.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 06-30-2006, 08:59 PM

They probably are BH. I started getting crampy ones in my second pregnancy and have already started getting them in my third. If it happens again that they are every two minutes and don't go away with rest and hydration I would call your midwife if you have one, just in case.
#3 of 10 Old 06-30-2006, 09:02 PM

Well my BH can be mildly annoying to downright uncomfortable crampiness that stops me and makes me have to concentrate on relaxing. I don't notice they are regular in interval though except when I overexerted myself and was too dehydrated once and water stopped it...if they are regular I would check it with your midwife/OB.
#4 of 10 Old 06-30-2006, 09:31 PM

My theory is that if they are that close together and you are not in hard labor they are probably BH. With real labor by the time you are down to two min apart you are getting close to transition and there is no doubt whether or not it is real!

Like I said it's just a theory and if you don't feel comfortable letting them go then call your midwife.
#5 of 10 Old 06-30-2006, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Well I haven't called my midwife yet or gone to the hospital. So I must be ok with seeing how things go. I don't feel like I'm going to make it to August though, but I doubt that it's labor yet. I guess I'm getting kind of paranoid because my mom declared my dd July 7-9 (she's been saying this all along). She did the same thing early on during my last pregnancy and was right (she even knew I'd be 2+ weeks late). I'm still having pains, hicks, whatever. It goes from every 2 minutes to just four times an hour. I don't really have any other major symptoms of labor though. So I'm just using this as an opportunity to lie down and do nothing while my dh watches dd. Thanks for the advice.

#6 of 10 Old 06-30-2006, 11:07 PM

Not sure if this is the same thing, but I had to meet my midwife at the hospital last week with crampy (on and off) contractions that haven't stopped yet.... apparently I just have an irritable uterus.
#7 of 10 Old 07-01-2006, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Well now my lower back is killing me, so I'm going to call the midwife. Wish me luck.

#8 of 10 Old 07-01-2006, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaya
Well now my lower back is killing me, so I'm going to call the midwife. Wish me luck.
Eek, yes, give her a call. I spent 6 hours the other day with near constant BHs. But since they never got really painful, I decided to ignore them and by morning they were gone. A few days later I was talking to my midwife about something else on the phone and I mentioned it, and she said as long as I wasn't feeling it in my back that it was probably fine.
I just figure that either they're annoying BHs, or it's labor and it'll get worse and I'll have a baby. I think I'm far enough along that they probably wouldn't stop labor at the hospital.
I'll be waiting to hear your news. If not, I guess it means your mother didn't guess early enough!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#9 of 10 Old 07-01-2006, 08:45 AM

BTW, how are your iron levels looking now?? I know it's too early to stay home for the birth, but hopefully baby will stay put a couple more weeks for you.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#10 of 10 Old 07-01-2006, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Well they were contractions. I'm even dialated 1 cm (which I know can be perfectly normal at this point). But the fluid wasn't bad fluid, so that's good. I got swabed for a bunch of stuff since they're not sure what's causing the contractions. The only thing that was different than normal, were my glucose levels. They're normally perfect, and they were a bit high when I tested my urine last night. Right now I have a bunch of herbs I'm supposed to take when my uterus is feeling cranky.

They havn't re-checked my iron yet, so I have no idea how that's going. I know that I feel better and don't feel like I'm suffocating all the time. But honestly, I keep slacking on my regimen. I need to do better about that.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page